• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New striker???

Roy Law

Mifsud? If he is that good please tell Arnie and not us! As for Amini upfront, don't be silly, he'll get eaten alive, but Perez and Amini playing off a lone striker has much more appeal

cbowden9000

Mifsud? If he is that good please tell Arnie and not us!

I'd love to but how do you suppose I go about doing that? I'll try and find a way at the Budgewoi lunch thing tomorrow I guess.

I've got some very well respected contacts in Malta that would certainly help with the move by convincing Mifsud to come here if Arnie was actually interested.

MagpieMariner

Until we sign a new striker what about Amini up front with Matty. I am sorry but we need to do something Mcbreen is bloody lazy and Matty has a first touch like a elephant.

To a certain extent I agree with this. Some have said he's a mid & would get monstered by the defence as a striker. Isn't that what's happening to our strikers now? At least Musty knows where the goals are and his first touch isn't like a charging rhino.
Still, I accept it may not do his development a lot of good at this stage. So then, why not put Kwassie up there with Matty? He can't do any worse than Big Mac at the moment, and he'll run a lot harder and more often, and every so often he'll pull out that blinder. Once we get our new striker, put Kwassie back on the splinter. We've got nothing to lose.

Forum Phoenix

To a certain extent I agree with this. Some have said he's a mid & would get monstered by the defence as a striker. Isn't that what's happening to our strikers now? At least Musty knows where the goals are and his first touch isn't like a charging rhino.
Still, I accept it may not do his development a lot of good at this stage. So then, why not put Kwassie up there with Matty? He can't do any worse than Big Mac at the moment, and he'll run a lot harder and more often, and every so often he'll pull out that blinder. Once we get our new striker, put Kwassie back on the splinter. We've got nothing to lose.

We all know Matty's work rate is better than pretty much anyone. two goal fro nine games is far from compelling from either of them. But McBreen has looked the more likely of the two and has atleast made a genuine finish.
So I'd give the nod to him over Matty.

As to Amini up front in a 442 why?

Amini in central mid alongside Perez in a 451 would work well enough.

tsd

so did we trial another dud or is he the secret weapon to break down the nux in a fortnight? ;)

marinermick

so did we trial another dud or is he the secret weapon to break down the nux in a fortnight? ;)

more a midfielder than a striker but he has been given another week

his first week was bad but improved significantly enough in his second to warrant some more attention

shipwreck

Hmmm, sounds like the last thing we need right now, another midfielder.... Who would get weemac, bozanic, perez and griffiths out of our team ATM?

cbowden9000

We don't need another midfielder!!!

Starting diamond:

CDM: Griffiths - Amazing, still young and will get better
RM: McGlinchey - Simply Outstanding
LM: Bozanic - Playing great and only 21
CAM: Perez - Don't need to say much here

Midfield cover:

CDM: Hutchinson - A quality player for a substitute
LM: Lewis - Has played quite well in the first team and scored on the weekend
CAM: Amini - Amazing talent at only 17! We need this kid on the park, not another midfielder to keep him away!

Why on earth would we need another midfielder!? :huh:

Forum Phoenix

Not too worried. If he's a mid surely they'll only sign him if he proves to be of significant quality.
Question is could he work in combination upfront? And is this still what they are thinking?

Wombat

Did you see Kwassie's shot when through on goal and under little pressure? Dreadful. Even Disco would have done better.

Of the four strikers we have McBreen and Simon are the best option in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred