• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Mariners Coach?

midfielder

Can you see Mrs Football & Fozza ... if Arnold Out & Ange Postecoglou where made our coach and assistant coach ... can you imagine any decent players wanting to come...

dibo

'where' made?

do you mean 'were'?

and frankly, yes, I can.

Postecoglou had a lot of experience working with youth internationals, among them would be the likes of Boogard, Wilkinson, Ahmad, Dylan...

midfielder

dibo said:
Not Ange Postecoglou?

Assume you don't want Ange as coach...

midfielder said:
Can you see Mrs Football & Fozza ... if Arnold Out & Ange Postecoglou where made our coach and assistant coach ... can you imagine any decent players wanting to come...

Joke (sorry for the spelling error)

dibo said:
'where' made?

do you mean 'were'?

and frankly, yes, I can.

Postecoglou had a lot of experience working with youth internationals, among them would be the likes of Boogard, Wilkinson, Ahmad, Dylan...

So what changed you mind on Ange

dibo

Did I bag Ange sometime before? Why did you assume I don't want him? I think there are far dumber things you could do, particularly given things like his experience with that amazing South Melbourne side of the late 90s and subsequent time in the national setup.

midfielder

dibo said:
Did I bag Ange sometime before? Why did you assume I don't want him? I think there are far dumber things you could do, particularly given things like his experience with that amazing South Melbourne side of the late 90s and subsequent time in the national setup.

OK but you said before

dibo said:
Not Ange Postecoglou?

I assumed you did not want Ange ... its reads to me you don't rate him... 

dibo

dibo said:
Not Ange Postecoglou?

I assumed you did not want Ange ... its reads to me you don't rate him... 
[/quote]

You're reading far too much into it then. I don't support the Lawrie out thing, but if Lawrie were to not be coach for whatever reason, we'd be mad not to talk to Ange.

~Floss~

I've always wondered when Ange would have something to do with a HAL club.

On FoxSports FC his views always provide a sensible balance against the likes of Harper and Slater, and he appears to be the most pro-Mariners member of the team.

...but, we can all dream. Just because he's our (the fans') favourite doesn't mean that's who the rumour's about

Roy Law

Alistair Edwards? I'd be happy with a change, per se, that still enabled McKinna to remain influential within the club. I've got no problems with Arnold (heresy, I know :)) but would be happy with either Ange or Branko; Ange talks a great deal of sense (but is he contracted to anybody?) and Branko had Sydney playing their best football politics knifed him in the back. And, with either, our youth set-up would improve too.

Roy Law

It's on 442 - "Central Coast Mariners have had talks with Graham Arnold about becoming the club's new manager but current boss Lawrie McKinna will stay in charge next season.
Sources close to the club say the Mariners board lost confidence in McKinna after a disastrous run of form since the turn of the year. The club has yet to record a single competitive victory in 2009. The source says they wanted to bring in controversial former Socceroos and Olyroos coach Arnold to replace McKinna. But McKinna is only one year into his three year deal and reportedly only agreed to leave the club if they paid out the remainder of his contract.
However the club insisted they can't afford it. The club is said to have explored a compromise deal where McKinna took on an advisory role at the club as football director or similar when Arnold comes in to replace him. Arnold could also then have honoured the remainder of his contract with the FFA as an assistant coach with the Socceroos until the conclusion of the World Cup. However that could see power see-sawing between the two when Arnold goes off on Socceroos training camps and overseas games - and the plan was abandoned. "How would this work, I really don't know but Lawrie's aware of what's going on," said a club insider. "They've spoken with Arnie, they've sounded him out, but they just can't afford to pay out Lawrie." It's now believed the plan has been put on hold until the end of next season when Arnie's FFA commitments are complete and the cost of paying out McKinna has been halved - and he has had another season to redeem himself with better results. This morning Mariners' executive chairman Lyall Gorman admitted they had talked to Arnold and shopped around for coaches elsewhere too - but insisted McKinna would be in charge next season. "We'd have been naive not to talk to Graham Arnold," he said. "We've had a chat with a range of managers across the world. "But Lawrie will be the football manager this year. I guarantee that. Graham Arnold will not be sitting on the coach's bench this season. There will be no change to the coaching staff this year." However Gorman was making no promises on what would happen at the end of the 2009/2010 season. "That is a long way down the  track and we have a season of results ahead of us," added Gorman. "We are always looking to strengthen our position across the board." McKinna travelled to the recent Australia training session at ANZ Stadium in Sydney before the World Cup qualifier Bahrain and watched from the stands as Arnold joined Pim Verbeek and Henk Duut in putting the players through their paces. He stayed on after the session and then made a beeline to grab a light-hearted chat with Verbeek and Arnold as they left the stadium. Despite a dismal conclusion to their Asian Champions League campaign and the release of several players, the Mariners have so far made no additions to their senior team roster yet with the new season now just seven weeks away.

Morgan30

*starts crying*

so we have a year to practice our Arnold out chants? If we still have a year, someone convince Lyall that Ange is a better option.

clarence

The article would probably put a bomb under Lawrie's ass at the moment, whether it is true or not.

As for Arnold being the target: just say NO Lyall!

Last sentence is wrong as we have added Doig, Huke and Travis (?) to our lineup since releasing players. And also looking at the two Serbs....

clarence

Morgan30 said:
*starts crying*

so we have a year to practice our Arnold out chants? If we still have a year, someone convince Lyall that Ange is a better option.

Whether he is at the ground or not, first chant of every game has to be "Arnold OUT!", lol. ;D

Maybe then Lyall and PT will notice we are not too keen on having him here.

Morgan30

clarence said:
Morgan30 said:
*starts crying*

Whether he is at the ground or not, first chant of every game has to be "Arnold OUT!", lol. ;D

Maybe then Lyall and PT will notice we are not too keen on having him here.

you would struggle to find any australian football supporters who would want Arnold in charge.

Im thinking first chant second chant etc until we get the point across

Morgan30

just thought of a little side issue on this, bring Arnold in to stop any FFA plans to relocate the side? FFA certainly imo wont have us moved if Arnold was in charge

clarence

Morgan30 said:
just thought of a little side issue on this, bring Arnold in to stop any FFA plans to relocate the side? FFA certainly imo wont have us moved if Arnold was in charge

I get the impression, rightly or wrongly, that if the FFA asked Arnold to bend over, he'd offer up his buttocks and even offer to lube up for them.... He's been their 'good employee' for many years.

If he is 'sent' by the FFA to coach the Mariners there's MORE chance they have some plot planned, IMHO. I could be wrong, and truly hope I AM if Arnold turns up at Bluetongue as coach or manager.

midfielder

Roy Law said:
It's on 442 - "Central Coast Mariners have had talks with Graham Arnold about becoming the club's new manager but current boss Lawrie McKinna will stay in charge next season.
Sources close to the club say the Mariners board lost confidence in McKinna after a disastrous run of form since the turn of the year. The club has yet to record a single competitive victory in 2009. The source says they wanted to bring in controversial former Socceroos and Olyroos coach Arnold to replace McKinna. But McKinna is only one year into his three year deal and reportedly only agreed to leave the club if they paid out the remainder of his contract.
However the club insisted they can't afford it. The club is said to have explored a compromise deal where McKinna took on an advisory role at the club as football director or similar when Arnold comes in to replace him. Arnold could also then have honoured the remainder of his contract with the FFA as an assistant coach with the Socceroos until the conclusion of the World Cup. However that could see power see-sawing between the two when Arnold goes off on Socceroos training camps and overseas games - and the plan was abandoned. "How would this work, I really don't know but Lawrie's aware of what's going on," said a club insider. "They've spoken with Arnie, they've sounded him out, but they just can't afford to pay out Lawrie." It's now believed the plan has been put on hold until the end of next season when Arnie's FFA commitments are complete and the cost of paying out McKinna has been halved - and he has had another season to redeem himself with better results. This morning Mariners' executive chairman Lyall Gorman admitted they had talked to Arnold and shopped around for coaches elsewhere too - but insisted McKinna would be in charge next season. "We'd have been naive not to talk to Graham Arnold," he said. "We've had a chat with a range of managers across the world. "But Lawrie will be the football manager this year. I guarantee that. Graham Arnold will not be sitting on the coach's bench this season. There will be no change to the coaching staff this year." However Gorman was making no promises on what would happen at the end of the 2009/2010 season. "That is a long way down the  track and we have a season of results ahead of us," added Gorman. "We are always looking to strengthen our position across the board." McKinna travelled to the recent Australia training session at ANZ Stadium in Sydney before the World Cup qualifier Bahrain and watched from the stands as Arnold joined Pim Verbeek and Henk Duut in putting the players through their paces. He stayed on after the session and then made a beeline to grab a light-hearted chat with Verbeek and Arnold as they left the stadium. Despite a dismal conclusion to their Asian Champions League campaign and the release of several players, the Mariners have so far made no additions to their senior team roster yet with the new season now just seven weeks away.

If true will make for a happy squad this year..

kevrenor

Morgan30 said:

There must be some logic there somewhere .. be buggered if I can find it though.

"Mariners' executive chairman Lyall Gorman admitted they had talked to Arnold and shopped around for coaches elsewhere too - but insisted McKinna would be in charge next season. "We'd have been naive not to talk to Graham Arnold," he said."

No Lyall, sorry, you would be NAIVE to talk to Arnie! 

Lawrie was such a breath of fresh air at Northern Spirit after Arnie and the other bloke who was so shite I have erased his name from my memory.

FFC Mariner

"We'd have been naive not to talk to Graham Arnold,"

Wrong Lyall, you were stupid to talk to him. Hopeless, inept coach who has failed where ever he has been. If CCM hire him, they are simply insane.

Oh well, we have our chants for the whole of next season..........

FFC Mariner

From the SFC board

He's bald, he's shit
He'll make a meal of it
Graham Arnold!
Graham Arnold!

so thats 2 chants

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics