• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Spacks

Isn’t that the old bipolar Spacks? ;)
tenor.gif

Tevor

f**king hell....we are special!!!

70% of this forum slag him off as useless and we are doomed. After 8 or 9 game unbeaten there is some faint praise.....3 or 4 games later.....he is too good for us and what are we going to do now?

Holy f**k!
More interested in how invested Jacko is in Oz. I recall something being said when he first came over that there is some kind of connection here. Hoping he loves the climate and hangs around for a while and it wasn’t a quick holiday to resurrect his career.

Stuartmcateer

More interested in how invested Jacko is in Oz. I recall something being said when he first came over that there is some kind of connection here. Hoping he loves the climate and hangs around for a while and it wasn’t a quick holiday to resurrect his career.
Most likely a case of not actively looking at the moment but open to the right offer if it comes along.

marinermick

May not be schizophrenia or bipolar. I remember years ago thinking I was one or the other because one day I'd think I was a wigwam, the next day a teepee.

A doctor told me I was just too tense

More classically schizophrenia than bipolar.

Insertnamehere

Watch the fkn smurfs try and poach him after uf**k

style_cafe

f**king hell....we are special!!!

70% of this forum slag him off as useless and we are doomed. After 8 or 9 game unbeaten there is some faint praise.....3 or 4 games later.....he is too good for us and what are we going to do now?

Holy f**k!
Nailed it…!!!!:popcorn:

booney

I said after round 3, it was way to early to pass judgement we needed to wait until mid season.

I will start by saying I am impressed to date, and I will tell you for why.

A game of Football goes for lets say 90 minutes [I know it never is] but for my analysis I will use 90 minutes.

In most games we use 15 players, 4 subs, and for my analysis I will use 15 players of which 8 only play for part of the game.

The above becomes 30 players and 16 for only part of the game when we combine two teams

Throw in, goal kicks, corners, keeper holding the ball, ref chatting to players, lets assume 10 minutes and I have for this analysis.

This means we use 30 players over 80 minutes, or an average of 2 minutes 40 second per player, but thats way to simple, strikers have the ball at their feet maybe 80 seconds in a match, centre backs and keepers maybe 5 minutes with the ball at their feet.

For the sake of simplicity and rather than do a strikers, mid, defence, keeper analysis, I will say each player has the ball for 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

What Jacko has shown to me, is the off the ball tactical positioning and movement of individual players and the team, not in the 2.4 minutes a player has the ball but in the 87 minutes 20 seconds a player does not have the ball.

The off the ball positioning, in closing down passing lanes, closing space and opening up clear space to attack is better IMO than any coach we have had.

What each player and the team as a whole do off the ball, is what creates space to work in with the ball to me is a pleasure to watch.

Love to hear what others think.
These stats came up on the 442 forum regarding the Australia v S Korea game .It is those 87 mins where a player doesn't have the ball that is important as the player and team have to know what to do in that time whether in attack or defence.Jacko seems to be a very sophisticated coach and the team are responding to his ideas and his different plans he has for opponents and also within the game.We may have got ourselves a coaching gem here.

Tevor

Ironbark

I remember reading after we signed Mark Jackson that he was keen on a high pressing game, higher than we were doing under Monty, and I had mixed feelings.

I assumed that meant a high energy press high up the field.

But instead what we have is a team that tactically presses, waiting for transition focused movement triggers and bounding straight into the squeeze and harry.

It's actually sustainable and effective, and allows us to play low or high tempo almost at will. The only time it didn't work was when Sydney came at us at 110%. I'm confident we'll be prepared for that sort of offence next time, from whoever brings it.

We appear to set a base pace for a game and then ramp it up or down depending on the variables - the opposition, temperature, schedule, players etc.
Both the players and coaches seem to know their plan and intentions and execute them reasonably well.

Big Al

I remember reading after we signed Mark Jackson that he was keen on a high pressing game, higher than we were doing under Monty, and I had mixed feelings.

I assumed that meant a high energy press high up the field.

But instead what we have is a team that tactically presses, waiting for transition focused movement triggers and bounding straight into the squeeze and harry.

It's actually sustainable and effective, and allows us to play low or high tempo almost at will. The only time it didn't work was when Sydney came at us at 110%. I'm confident we'll be prepared for that sort of offence next time, from whoever brings it.

We appear to set a base pace for a game and then ramp it up or down depending on the variables - the opposition, temperature, schedule, players etc.
Both the players and coaches seem to know their plan and intentions and execute them reasonably well.
Even then it was freaking out on the ball and not so much the defense that was the issue.

Would have liked to see Jacko with last year’s strikers who were more deadly than this year’s. We would be more unbeatable than we are now. Asian Champions League quality

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred