• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Big Al

Well he is showing that he reads the forum or we are all coaches in the making.

Has killed the Theo step overs in a matter of weeks and we look better for it.

Dropped Wilson to bench and didn’t play him. Has put Di pizzo on over him and Di Pizzo has looked much better. Should of had a couple of goals from getting into good positions in the box where keepers legs have saved it.

Alou is his next worry. Somehow is scoring but looks unable to read the play and maybe the most gifted athlete I’ve seen to have bad hand eye coordination.

He has gone for Storms consistency and. More defensive approach over Doka who is a visa so making the tough calls.

Needs to stick with Hall over Paull

Fix the Striker in January and fix Torres body position on shooting

Insertnamehere

Well he is showing that he reads the forum or we are all coaches in the making.

Has killed the Theo step overs in a matter of weeks and we look better for it.

Dropped Wilson to bench and didn’t play him. Has put Di pizzo on over him and Di Pizzo has looked much better. Should of had a couple of goals from getting into good positions in the box where keepers legs have saved it.

Alou is his next worry. Somehow is scoring but looks unable to read the play and maybe the most gifted athlete I’ve seen to have bad hand eye coordination.

He has gone for Storms consistency and. More defensive approach over Doka who is a visa so making the tough calls.

Needs to stick with Hall over Paull

Fix the Striker in January and fix Torres body position on shooting
Theo hasn't stopped the step overs. Hes just playing less time so you dont see him do it a dozen times a game.

Otherwise broadly agree with your points.

midfielder

I said after round 3, it was way to early to pass judgement we needed to wait until mid season.

I will start by saying I am impressed to date, and I will tell you for why.

A game of Football goes for lets say 90 minutes [I know it never is] but for my analysis I will use 90 minutes.

In most games we use 15 players, 4 subs, and for my analysis I will use 15 players of which 8 only play for part of the game.

The above becomes 30 players and 16 for only part of the game when we combine two teams

Throw in, goal kicks, corners, keeper holding the ball, ref chatting to players, lets assume 10 minutes and I have for this analysis.

This means we use 30 players over 80 minutes, or an average of 2 minutes 40 second per player, but thats way to simple, strikers have the ball at their feet maybe 80 seconds in a match, centre backs and keepers maybe 5 minutes with the ball at their feet.

For the sake of simplicity and rather than do a strikers, mid, defence, keeper analysis, I will say each player has the ball for 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

What Jacko has shown to me, is the off the ball tactical positioning and movement of individual players and the team, not in the 2.4 minutes a player has the ball but in the 87 minutes 20 seconds a player does not have the ball.

The off the ball positioning, in closing down passing lanes, closing space and opening up clear space to attack is better IMO than any coach we have had.

What each player and the team as a whole do off the ball, is what creates space to work in with the ball to me is a pleasure to watch.

Love to hear what others think.

Big Dog

Totally agreed. I've heard they work very hard on tactical positioning for every moment of the game. I spoke to one of the coaching staff who said the big difference from Monty to now is we are far more disciplined with our sturcture and harder to break down. We still have an attacking edge but are very difficult to break down and score against.

Big Al

He now has a strong squad but the league is weak too.

I can see he needs a good team (all managers do) to implement his strategies. While we were getting used to him and he learned the players tendencies it was a bit easier for frustration and mistakes to happen. Settling on Hall and Kaltak has been a huge decision that has stabilized the defense and taken the pressure off the attack.

He appears to be doing a great job and yes we are alot harder to break down.

Also has an element of control and i dare say a little British or Italian of we have the goal let’s lock up the game. A League teams keep coming and we can’t help ourselves but score again.

Enjoying the differences now to Monty.

As league winners we set the trend and many have tried to copy this year and instead of standing still we have moved on and improved ourselves.

We can now play two or three different ways and this must be frustrating the other coaches when the plan for us as they don’t know how we are playing because we swap depending on who is available as well as the opponent.

A rough start has been rescued and no other team looks better than us. we might loose here and there but we are the team every one else is scared of

Ancient Mariner

What Jacko has shown to me, is the off the ball tactical positioning and movement of individual players and the team, not in the 2.4 minutes a player has the ball but in the 87 minutes 20 seconds a player does not have the ball.

The off the ball positioning, in closing down passing lanes, closing space and opening up clear space to attack is better IMO than any coach we have had.

What each player and the team as a whole do off the ball, is what creates space to work in with the ball to me is a pleasure to watch.
This.+++++++

Insertnamehere

He now has a strong squad but the league is weak too.

I can see he needs a good team (all managers do) to implement his strategies. While we were getting used to him and he learned the players tendencies it was a bit easier for frustration and mistakes to happen. Settling on Hall and Kaltak has been a huge decision that has stabilized the defense and taken the pressure off the attack.

He appears to be doing a great job and yes we are alot harder to break down.

Also has an element of control and i dare say a little British or Italian of we have the goal let’s lock up the game. A League teams keep coming and we can’t help ourselves but score again.

Enjoying the differences now to Monty.

As league winners we set the trend and many have tried to copy this year and instead of standing still we have moved on and improved ourselves.

We can now play two or three different ways and this must be frustrating the other coaches when the plan for us as they don’t know how we are playing because we swap depending on who is available as well as the opponent.

A rough start has been rescued and no other team looks better than us. we might loose here and there but we are the team every one else is scared of
Excellent summary. Heartily agree.

One lovable thing about ALM is the generally high scoring nature. Partly because teams defend poorly, partly because most teams just go for it no matter what.

Tevor

So I’m now wondering how long Jacko will stay in Oz. Whilst he was unknown to us he was clearly a very capable and up and coming Manager. Hearing about his great work ethic lately I’m sure he will move onto more fruitful pastures at some stage. Hopefully not too soon, I’m enjoying how he has the team playing now.

Wombat

So I’m now wondering how long Jacko will stay in Oz. Whilst he was unknown to us he was clearly a very capable and up and coming Manager. Hearing about his great work ethic lately I’m sure he will move onto more fruitful pastures at some stage. Hopefully not too soon, I’m enjoying how he has the team playing now.
f**king hell....we are special!!!

70% of this forum slag him off as useless and we are doomed. After 8 or 9 game unbeaten there is some faint praise.....3 or 4 games later.....he is too good for us and what are we going to do now?

Holy f**k!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred