• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Michael

I will be very interested to see how he recruits. Not alot of Aussie options for where we are weak and having lost sergio were will we look
Just hoping he sticks to the ethos the club implemented of signing visa players in the mid to early 20’s hungry to make an impression. Or if it is to be an “experienced” player 30 or older they have to be real quality. No more journeymen.

I’d make the assumption he’ll be looking towards the UK, there’s plenty of quality available. The whole new generation of British players are super technical footballers.

Wombat

Just hoping he sticks to the ethos the club implemented of signing visa players in the mid to early 20’s hungry to make an impression. Or if it is to be an “experienced” player 30 or older they have to be real quality. No more journeymen.

I’d make the assumption he’ll be looking towards the UK, there’s plenty of quality available. The whole new generation of British players are super technical footballers.
I watch the Championship alot and they are technically lightyears ahead of us.

Michael

I watch the Championship alot and they are technically lightyears ahead of us.
Oh for sure, any British type signing I’d expect to be from league 1 or 2. Or even Scotland. Ofcourse that’d be followed by “hahaha signing a league 2 players LOL” from the numpty’s with no clue.

Coastalraider

As long as we keep competing he is fine. The fight after 3 games during the week against a good team was great to see.

Now we just need some rewards for effort.

I will be very interested to see how he recruits. Not alot of Aussie options for where we are weak and having lost sergio were will we look
We do have to be balanced here - Sergio got us Tulio and Nkololo. It also got us Ayongo, Kalechi, Doka and Torres. I think the style of recruitment - looking for gems in leagues other don’t, is sound. But it wasn’t perfect.

Insertnamehere

We do have to be balanced here - Sergio got us Tulio and Nkololo. It also got us Ayongo, Kalechi, Doka and Torres. I think the style of recruitment - looking for gems in leagues other don’t, is sound. But it wasn’t perfect.
Just gotta be aggressive if these sort of guys aren't working. As Monty and Serg were.

As well as the likes if Ruhs and Aquilina, as well as DWH and maybe Noah.

marinermick

Doka and Torres might have been different players under Sergio and Monty. Tulio certainly is. If Tulio came in this season and performed like he has in most of the A-League games this season we would be riding him just as hard.

Coastalraider

I think under Monty and Serge, those two would have been developed a lot better. They saw them as a new Tulio project.
Spot on that a real chance. But they also saw that with Ayongo. The success with Kaltak and Triantis also has to be balanced with the fact they recruited a visa centre back who hardly played (only played injured once from memory when we ran out of players) and was sent packing. So they obviously had visions of Kalechi being a regular or they wouldn’t have wasted a visa on him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred