• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Big Dog

Great game to watch. Gotta say, I thought the subs Monty made in the second half were good ones even though we went behind just after. Having Hatch, McCarthy & Cahill come on gave us some extra drive and movement, and all were in everything after we equalised.
Dan Hall is outstanding, I'm also a big fan of Ballard and Hatch has loads of potential. Harry Steel has been a surprise to me as well. He's cemented his spot in midfield and done very well.

marinermick

We need to be doing everything we can to hold onto Monty imo. He is highly qualified and clearly knows what he is doing. Future first team coach if we can keep him I reckon

He is the type of coach I felt we needed for many years now. We are a low budget team and have had coaches that want to play curriculum football. I am sick of us trying to play football out from the back when our players can’t pass.

Monty played in the Championship - one of the toughest leagues in the world. He knows what it is like to push and scrape for wins.

There seems to be a certain practicality about his coaching that we haven’t had since the Lawrie/Fergie combo. And yes I am excluding Arnie because he had the budget to play with.

turbo

I can see them getting a Patty Z/Ben Cahn combo
I can’t see them going for an even less established option than JP. I reckon a Merrick/Aloisi level appointment is the minimum they’ll go for among local candidates. Could be wrong of course but they desperately need a return to form and that could bring some risk aversion.

FFC Mariner

Queenslander of Fijian heritage. Has turned 21 so too old for an A League scholarship unless they increase the age limit in line with youth teams moving to Under 23.
Given his quality and some of the dross we have had at CB lately, why wouldnt we sign him? Future captain material. Could play DM too

style_cafe

Given his quality and some of the dross we have had at CB lately, why wouldnt we sign him? Future captain material. Could play DM too
IF Hall was to be blooded as a DM (which I`d like to see) who would you pair him with Stens or Nizzy?
and where would you play the one that moves considering that Bozanic (if he signs) could play at 10.
Basically signing Hall to a full contract,whilst good business,will cause a lot of selection headaches for Staj (which is a good thing)...:popcorn:

Big Dog

Dan Hall Went to Ipswich Grammar in QLD just before moving. I'd like to see him step up alongside a really solid CB so he initially has some support around him. It's a big step up. He has an outstanding capacity to read the game. Playing CB allows him to see what's in front of him though, which is why CB would be better than DM while he adjusts to the A-league imo. Would allow him to play to his strengths.

pjennings

I found this interesting. I know because of the shortened season that there is not supposed to be promotion and relegation. However Arnie has called for an expansion of the NPL comps to a 16 team 30 game season including all A-league clubs. In NSW that would mean adding us, Macarthur and Newcastle to the 12 that played and Sutherland Sharks resuming.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Central Coast Mariners Academy are accepting Expressions of Interest for our NPL Men, Women, Youth and SAP Squads for the 2021 season.

Interested players wishing to trial should complete the EOI form by CLICKING HERE.

** Current players of Central Coast Mariners Academy teams need not apply

Players will be individually contacted and invited to attend trials during November 2020.

2021 Age Groups:

• NPL Men (First Grade, U20’s, U18’s)
  • NPL 2 Women (First Grade, Reserve Grade, U17’s, U15’s, U14’s)
  • NPL Youth (U16’s, U15’s, U14’s, U13’s)
  • SAP (U12’s, U11’s, U10’s, U9’s)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami