• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Premier League NSW - CCM Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverwozza

Thanks for the update. Tore my hammy at the Saturday afternoon kick and giggle so couldn't raise the energy to go out.

FFC Mariner

Be interesting to see how long the coach lasts too.

Brady Smith isn't the 1st name you would think of for LB and there has to be someone (anyone) better than Monie. Took us the 1st 10 minutes to work out the formation and were weren't really sure whether they had no shape or if the players ignored it.

Trying to play the right way but they don't have a decent DM and its very much boys v men.

eenfish

I usually have no social life but my last 3 weekends have been uncharacteristically busy. I appreciate the twitter updates from those hardy folk at the games as well as the posting of their post-match thoughts on this forum.

I'm much the same. When I was being lazy and just putting off going to Academy games I had all the free time in the world, now I seem to be working every weekend. Very much appreciate the twitter updates from those at the games.

Did anybody get to the Waratah Cup match on Wednesday? Lost 4-3 in extra times but sounds spirited. Losing to APIA sounds poor though, I did get to their game against Olympic a couple of weeks ago and they were outclassed by the Greeks something vicious, can't imagine how tough the Academy boys are having against some of the top sides.

FFC Mariner

Last night they lost 4-3 at home.

Robbie Younis and our NYL player, Aaron Peterson tore them a new one.

Bragg Crowell and McDonald were out, Pellers MoM even though Payne got 3!

Sounds close but they never lead and were a defensive shambles. 3rd goal with seconds to play and if Bonnyrigg were a bit more composed it could have been 6 or 7'

Bradasevic (sp) had a shocker in goal. Trottesque, at one point picking up a back pass FFS.

While they lack quality, experience I'm sure they aren't as fit as other sides. 2nd to every all the only player with intensity is Pellers.

FFC Mariner

BTW. Not sure if it is shit coaching, shit players or lack of fitness but at 1 point they were in 2 lines of 5 about 50m apart just banging aimless balls forward.

eenfish

Last night they lost 4-3 at home.

Robbie Younis and our NYL player, Aaron Peterson tore them a new one.

Bragg Crowell and McDonald were out, Pellers MoM even though Payne got 3!

Sounds close but they never lead and were a defensive shambles. 3rd goal with seconds to play and if Bonnyrigg were a bit more composed it could have been 6 or 7'

Bradasevic (sp) had a shocker in goal. Trottesque, at one point picking up a back pass FFS.

While they lack quality, experience I'm sure they aren't as fit as other sides. 2nd to every all the only player with intensity is Pellers.

How is Payne playing? I've heard he was less than impressive in his last season for Bonnyrigg, but has banged in 10 goals or something for us this season. Playing to restart his A-League career I think?

FFC Mariner

He has played well and takes the chances that come his way.

However, when you put him up against one of our current NYL players (Peterson) you can see that he may struggle. He has no pace.

I think it may have passed him by.

FFC Mariner

Dear me, it goes from bad to worse.

Left last night when they were 5-1 down at home, think it ended at 6?

Usual red card (this time for Bragg). Stupid push on a player near HT. Was a little soft but he did raise his hands to another player.

In all honesty, CCM have ballsed this up horribly IMHO. Dont know if they didnt get involved enough or there is no cash, but this is a potential opportunity the club have got wrong.

Whats the point of developing a "pathway" and then not resourcing it?

As a Sutherland bench member said loudly as they walked off at HT "If thats your academy, you lot are f**ked" fair point too.

Bozanic came on as an AM for Monie when they went to 10 men (its 9 with him out there) and looked assured on the ball but Sutherland just smashed them. They were playing like a friendly or training match.

Panni Nikas, Jamie McMaster and a young WSW NYL kid called Olsen just destroyed them.

I reckon a few Prem sides on the Coast would beat them pretty easily

Someone on Twitter last night (I assume a member of the staff or a friend) was getting upset and saying they had a good squad. Well, if a good squad is stone motherless last and getting flogged every week, it must be the coach.

Einstein

How so?

Never funny to watch you kids getting flogged
Not sure If it was a grammatical error by you above, but I was asking what "your" kids think? What do the kids/players say?As for local prem teams beating them thats very funny.The local comp is very poor sadly.

style_cafe

It`s easy to criticise.
I think the idea was to establish the pathway first with the best available players,then to build on that.
We are a new club in the Premier League.It`s not easy to come in & be competitive in the first year.
It may be that we get demoted to Premier League 2, continue to build then look at promotion.

FFC Mariner

My point is that it doesn't do much for a players development to get outclassed and beaten on a weekly basis.

If no one was able to judge the quality of the comp, that's not good. If the funding wasnt there to assemble a competitive squad, that's not good.

The number (frankly) dumb reds hints at frustration too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred