• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mike Charlesworth on the podcast.

Atomic

Change the fkn record will ya
When it comes to Matt Simon, syd always reminds me of Danny DiVito in Once Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Watch the clip, and insert "Mat Simon" (note the incorrect spelling of Matt) for the phrase "hit me"

I know how Jack Nicholson feels!!!

Big Al

The nix have just been told by the FFA they are no longer wanted because they are from NZ and not bringing enough to the table.

You have had problems getting longer licenses off the FFA in the past. Is there any concern they may try something similar with CCM.

You recently met with the FFA as a group with the other clubs. What does this mean for the competition going forward and the common fan is it something we need to concern ourselves with or have you got it under control?

Does our club have a stance on the FFA decision in relation to the nix

bikinigirl

Mike there is talk of breaking even in 12 months time. Is this projected to continue and are there many variables effecting this and what are they. What does this mean to you personally?

. followed by ... if the losses continue and the crowds drop accordingly - what impact does that have on your break-even forecasts? (ie. at what point does [did] saving money on the playing roster become a false economy?)

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

Understand you need to make the team self supporting and that you have already spent a fortune, but do you not think it would be worthwhile investing a little more to bring in a couple of quality experienced players to support our youngsters. Especially a #10 and an organising centre half or keeper.

I am sure it would be an investment that would pay off in the long run. There is much goodwill and hope amongst the fans and a lot of talent in the squad that just needs a touch more to pay off.

adz

Staff member
Hi Mike. A hypothetical question; if the FFA (or a major sponsor) said to the Mariners you have to play all your home games at Gosford Stadium, what would need to happen to make that work? In terms of crowds? Corporate support? Anything else?

Wombat

Hi Mike,
I read that you are a Leeds fan.
What do you think of Peter Risdale?
What can you learn from his mistakes?
He is reviled at Leeds as is O'leary...........two clowns that destroyed a great club.
Are you planning on being the saviour of our club or a short term rapist?
Sorry to use such dramatic words but that is how you make me feel.
Can you offer me any solace?

Last edited:

Rowdy

A rapist ! Are you serious ?

When was the last time a rapist actually put their hand in their pocket, before they Fcuked someone or in this case something.

Luca Brasi

I have similar questions to BG, AM, FP and others.

In just over 2 years we have gone from a success story to a basket case in football terms, 2 significant decisions have been the appointment of the former CEO and the former Manager, both made under your watch. These were short sighted decisions based on the lowest possible investment which have diminished the overwhelming good will towards CCM and have raised questions regarding our sustainability. The same short sighted approach is now being taken towards the playing roster. How do you expect to attract more members with the lack of success on the pitch for a second straight season?

Mariners majority owner and chairman, Michael Charlesworth, believes Stalder's appointment is a coup for the club. - Jan 2014

The Mariners on Friday extended the contract of coach Phil Moss until 2017.
“We feel that Phil Moss is the right person to take the club forward from a football perspective over the coming years,” Mariners chief executive Bruce Stalder said. - Aug 2014

...the club will go from losing a significant amount of money per season to reaching break-even status in the next 12 months, which is paramount to the sustainability of the Central Coast Mariners.
With that being said, there is no doubt that the club has significant challenges ahead. There’s no hiding behind the fact that we need more Members, we need more corporate support and with an innovative fan engagement strategy and an entertaining brand of football - Peter Storrie Nov 2015

Atomic

I have similar questions to BG, AM, FP and others.

In just over 2 years we have gone from a success story to a basket case in football terms, 2 significant decisions have been the appointment of the former CEO and the former Manager, both made under your watch. These were short sighted decisions based on the lowest possible investment which have diminished the overwhelming good will towards CCM and have raised questions regarding our sustainability. The same short sighted approach is now being taken towards the playing roster. How do you expect to attract more members with the lack of success on the pitch for a second straight season?
f**king BINGO!!!

FFC Mariner

From a purely factual point of view, Moss has a better winning record than TW, MC still wants to move games

Same strategy smarter salesman perhaps?

Luca Brasi

From a purely factual point of view, Moss has a better winning record than TW, MC still wants to move games
Same strategy smarter salesman perhaps?

Fair point, however Moss took over a championship winning squad a month into the 13/14 season. The issue with new managers usually becomes apparent in their second year when they have to manage recruitment/contracts. His o/s signings were Malick Mane, Richard Vernes and Kim Seung Yong, none of which worked out. His local signings were Posco, Ferreira, Cairncross, Cernak, Major, Pandurevic, Trifiro, Sim and Bosnar. Posco was a good signing, so was Ferreira although he was handed to us on a plate by Adelaide mid season. So performance wise his signings were mostly failures, but more significant to our present predicament is the cost within our salary cap in 14/15 and into this season.
We can also blame Arnie for Moss, after winning the championship he could have recommended Bubbles the chimp to replace him and we would have hired him. I guess this is part of maturing as a club.

MC burnt much of the community support with his disastrous attempts to relocate the club in North Sydney and other rumours (remember South Melbourne). Properly explained within the context of the current budgetary situation and with a genuine commitment to remaining on the coast, I can accept moving a maximum of 2 home games a year for the short term to ensure our sustainability. On that basis then you are right, Shaun appears to be much smarter 'salesman'.

FFC Mariner

Being smarter than the greenkeeper is damning with faint praise but Shaun is a ray of sunshine in a dark depressing season

midfielder

First question is obvious now... well actually a number of questions...

1] Has the super been paid?
2] How late was it being paid?
3] Why did PS say all the Super has been paid a few weeks ago..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred