• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mike Charlesworth on the podcast.

Luke

Hey all,

If the mods want to move this into the podcast thread after a day or so that's fine, I just thought I'd start a new thread for now so as many people see it as possible.

We've got Charlesworth coming on the podcast on the 5th of January. We have been in contact with him since the start of this week and it's something he was keen to do.
I'm sure every Mariners fan would love to ask him 100 questions each, including us that do the podcast, but I thought it would be cool to throw it open and see what other people come up with because it might be stuff that we wouldn't have thought of.
We're going to finalise them in the next week and a bit so go nuts until then and we'll choose some to ask.

FFC Mariner

Can he explain how the coe will fund the club given that CCM doesn't open any of it and will have to rely on his personal decision to transfer any after tax profits to a completely separate legal entity

rbakersmith

Can he explain how the coe will fund the club given that CCM doesn't open any of it and will have to rely on his personal decision to transfer any after tax profits to a completely separate legal entity

Unless the ownership structure has changed in the last 12 months (the ASIC registry is offline at the moment so I can't check) Charlesworth's shareholding in Central Coast Mariners FC Pty Ltd (CCMFC) isn't direct - rather he owns 100% of Mariners FC Developments Pty Ltd, which owns the CoE. In turn, that company has the majority shareholding in CCMFC; they're not completely separate legal entities.

Rowdy

Unless the ownership structure has changed in the last 12 months (the ASIC registry is offline at the moment so I can't check) Charlesworth's shareholding in Central Coast Mariners FC Pty Ltd (CCMFC) isn't direct - rather he owns 100% of Mariners FC Devolopments Pty Ltd, which owns the CoE. In turn, that company has the majority shareholding in CCMFC; they're not completely separate legal entities.

That's not what I remember reading way back when Turnbull sold his share of CCMFC to Charlseworth.

Charlesworth bought 100% of CCMFC Pty Ltd (The Football Team/Club), but Turnbull, Gorman and Charlesworth still all had a share/s in Mariners FC Devolopments Pty Ltd.

Which I believe the reasoning for Thurbs' question.

Even if your correct, a Parent Company has NO obligation to direct $$$'s into a Subsiduary Company, thus his question still suffices.

Rowdy

Timeline on the 5,000 seat stadium at Tuggerah to help with the lower crowd turn-out's against teams like Wellington Perth etc.

Maybe play those home games there to save on operational costs & create more profits that go directly to the Club rather than to Gosford City Council, Singo & Co. etc.

Wombat

Rowdy
I was there last week taking the little one swimming and can't see where this 5000 seat stadium is supposed to go unless it is in the bushland to the right of the current pitches and soccer 5 set up???

Wombat

I think Rowdy is suggesting it a bit tongue in cheek.

Still Charlesworth probably thinks its a good idea......or 2 games at Dapto Dogs as long as he gets some money from FFA.

Rowdy

I think Rowdy is suggesting it a bit tongue in cheek

NOT one iota!

Do you really think we will draw more than 10k for a Wellington game in 5 years time from now ???, throw in a Perth or a Adelaide - especially if both are down on the lower rungs of the competition ladder at the time.

FFA Cup games, again less than 7,500 would deliver great profits if we weren't paying 'the landlord', selling the beer and pies ourselves.

Even if Charlesworth isnt the owner in the future, we're going to need it at the rate were going. :p Where do you think we'll be playing when they introduce prom/relegation ??? ;)

You'd NEED a Tuggerah to remain viable & claw your way back from a 2nd division to re-enter the HAL.

Its a contigency that's already been earmarked as part of the CoE's plans. I just think it shouldn't be overlooked as a viable option that could be brought forward for financial stability in regards to remaining On The Coast. :cool:

A Failure to plan, IS a Plan for failure.

Gratis

Ask him why he owns a football club when he has no intention of his club competing at football.
Unless, that is, he intends to surprise us in the transfer window by buying even some players, ideally at a minimum of being A League standard just for a change (I'll fall off my seat of this happens)

Rowdy

Lol....crazy talk Rowdy.

After tonight's shite performance, cant wait for that crowd figure at next home game.

FFA will eventually have a prom/relegatn.
Like a $20 hooker - Odds on, we'll be the first to go down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred