• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Merged Thread - Danny Vukovic Red Card (outcome page 42)

SNOWMARINER

I hope that rumours true but also would be suprised. How's their second keeper, does anyone know?

I have to agree Trott does'nt have what it takes as far as we've seen but if all else fails we can only hope that he's gotten better and training hard knowing he may have a big role to play this year.

Oh, and I'm rapted that Danny is going to the Olyimpics and his club game suspension has been reduced.

thomas477

marinermick said:
thomas477 said:
Mate in danny's last olympic game he had a shocker.

Also danny might not go to the olympics

how so? they won and qualified

Yes they won. Vukovic came out twice and both times the opposition got there 1st and both times they had a shot, we would have lost if it wasnt for milligan saving danny at the last moment.

I aint saying danny aint a good keeper. He just comes out too much. When he got sent off the 1st time he could have waited inside his 18 for the ball.
IF he stops coming out that couple of times when he doesnt need to he will be australia's next big keeper

marinermick

thomas477 said:
marinermick said:
thomas477 said:
Mate in danny's last olympic game he had a shocker.

Also danny might not go to the olympics

how so? they won and qualified

Yes they won. Vukovic came out twice and both times the opposition got there 1st and both times they had a shot, we would have lost if it wasnt for milligan saving danny at the last moment.

I aint saying danny aint a good keeper. He just comes out too much. When he got sent off the 1st time he could have waited inside his 18 for the ball.
IF he stops coming out that couple of times when he doesnt need to he will be australia's next big keeper

the fact thaat he comes out so much makes him such a good keeper

the odd mistake is tolerable ata his age given the amount he saves the team employing this method, but that is something you clearly don't choose to see

when he handled the ball against sydney he was just outside the box and if the ball didn't skid viciously on the wet surface he would have been fine

it is time you start being more educated in the game instead of coming on here and making stupid comments that are either intended to stir people on this forum up, or if not, made by a severe lack of understanding in the game

eca03adb

Hi guys, Sheffield United fan here, just joined your board to add a message (see my thread under general Mariner discussion board) for all Mariners fans regarding our link-up with your club (thanks for your replies!).

Heard about Vukovic in the press over hear but not realised he played for the Mariners! Was it a proper punch he gave the ref then? or just a cheeky slap?

Heard rumour that he may be heading to Sheffield to keep fit until his ban has finished - like that idea as we could do with some good competition for Paddy Kenny!  Also seen rumours on here about a swap between PK and DV - sorry don't see that happening im afraid - Paddy is a legend at the Lane (Bramall Lane), and our No.1 Goalkeeper, but i'm liking the idea of exchange of players where its beneficial for both parties!! Maybe Carney will head back to AUS in the summer to find some form? I could possibly imagine our young GK, Jamie Annerson heading to you - meant to be a really good youngster who just needs experience (but plays for England U20's i think!).

Looking forward to our partnership bringing some good results in the next few years, don't be surprised to see some of our young talent heading your way soon!!

UP THE BLADES & GOOD LUCK MARINERS!!

Atomic

Hi eco03adb. Check out the vukovic incident for yourself and tell us what u think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wBl2gsSKTk

eca03adb

Did he even strike him?? Didn't look like it to me! Just seemed like he pushed his arm away - from what the reports say and the news about the Ban i was imagining him headbutting or punching the ref! He only shoved his arm (albeit still against the rules!).  I've seen plenty from Roy Keane, John Terry, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard all much worse - Chelsea players the other week all trying to stop the ref showing Essien (i think) a red card by grabbing his arms! imo much worse than this!

Im not saying what he did was right (or shouldn't be punished) but imo, 6 months or whatever is a bit harsh!!  a 4 match suspension would have been more appropriate imo!!  Paulo Di Canio who played for the poorer team in Sheffield (our rivals Wednesday) only got 6 months for actually pushing the ref to the ground - albeit comically!!)

Is he that good then??  If he's as good as Schwarzer was (a few years go), then he'll do for me!!

Look forward to seing him if he does come on loan!

UP THE BLADES & MARINERS!

Atomic

We have a very small pool of keepers to choose from in the A-league but IMO I wouldn't swap Danny for any of them. Danny is a huge presence in the box, he really commands his area. He's very decisive in his actions, great hands and great attitude. He does however have a few weak areas that need working on (as you'd expect of a young Aussie keeper). He can be a bit too irrational at times. It's real heart in the mouth stuff when Danny comes charging out of his box. It's very exciting and frustrating at the same time. I think our manager, Laurie McKinner should just name him as a striker so Danny can get it out of his sytem once and for all  ;). He also has a pretty inconsistent clearance from back passes, but that can be worked out of his game with time.

Danny is the heart and soul of our Olympic team. He is a great team player and is a crowd favourite. I'm sure he'll win the Blades faithful over if given the opportunity

RADINHO

eca03adb said:
Did he even strike him?? Didn't look like it to me! Just seemed like he pushed his arm away - from what the reports say and the news about the Ban i was imagining him headbutting or punching the ref! He only shoved his arm (albeit still against the rules!).  I've seen plenty from Roy Keane, John Terry, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard all much worse - Chelsea players the other week all trying to stop the ref showing Essien (i think) a red card by grabbing his arms! imo much worse than this!

Im not saying what he did was right (or shouldn't be punished) but imo, 6 months or whatever is a bit harsh!!  a 4 match suspension would have been more appropriate imo!!  Paulo Di Canio who played for the poorer team in Sheffield (our rivals Wednesday) only got 6 months for actually pushing the ref to the ground - albeit comically!!)

Is he that good then??  If he's as good as Schwarzer was (a few years go), then he'll do for me!!

Look forward to seing him if he does come on loan!

UP THE BLADES & MARINERS!

said to be the man to fill schwarzer's shoes

midfielder

eca03adb said:
Hi guys, Sheffield United fan here, just joined your board to add a message (see my thread under general Mariner discussion board) for all Mariners fans regarding our link-up with your club (thanks for your replies!).

Heard about Vukovic in the press over hear but not realised he played for the Mariners! Was it a proper punch he gave the ref then? or just a cheeky slap?

Heard rumour that he may be heading to Sheffield to keep fit until his ban has finished - like that idea as we could do with some good competition for Paddy Kenny!  Also seen rumours on here about a swap between PK and DV - sorry don't see that happening im afraid - Paddy is a legend at the Lane (Bramall Lane), and our No.1 Goalkeeper, but i'm liking the idea of exchange of players where its beneficial for both parties!! Maybe Carney will head back to AUS in the summer to find some form? I could possibly imagine our young GK, Jamie Annerson heading to you - meant to be a really good youngster who just needs experience (but plays for England U20's i think!).

Looking forward to our partnership bringing some good results in the next few years, don't be surprised to see some of our young talent heading your way soon!!

UP THE BLADES & GOOD LUCK MARINERS!!

This look like it could be a very good relationship.

eca03adb

Atomic said:
He does however have a few weak areas that need working on...He can be a bit too irrational at times. It's real heart in the mouth stuff when [he] comes charging out of his box. It's very exciting and frustrating at the same time...He also has a pretty inconsistent clearance from back passes, but that can be worked out of his game with time.

[He] is the heart and soul of our...team. He is a great team player and is a crowd favourite.

Sounds just like our Paddy to be honest!!! And if he's anywhere near as good then you've got yourself a good 'keeper!

Interested to see if we do see his arrival at Beatiful Down Town Bramall Lane anytime soon!

Like someone said before, we'll soon know what type of potential he has after Beattie's whacked a few shots his way!!!

skilbeck

well it cant hurt him if he can own beattie he is definately good for a league. it'll all be good in the friendly we have with u whenever it happens :p. whatever happens good for the mariners good for the league good for SUFC. drunk right now but serioucly hope this can happen :p

Atomic

skilbeck said:
well it cant hurt him if he can own beattie he is definately good for a league. it'll all be good in the friendly we have with u whenever it happens :p. whatever happens good for the mariners good for the league good for SUFC. drunk right now but serioucly hope this can happen :p

I'm reading your post skilbeck, thinking it's unusually incoherent. Now I understand why... LMAO!  :piralaugh:

Omni

Rule 1 of the forum: Don't drink and post, especially after a loss

Although I do love these drunk posts!

midfielder

Interesting post below on Danny from the SBS blogg

I am a big fan of Danny as well. However, he stuffed up. So did the FFA. So did the original displinary board. The appeal board was handed something that shouldn't have eventuated.

Danny hit the ref. Red Card.

FFA set punishment different to FIFA.
FFA set punishment without allowing Vukovic the chance to be represented. (This meant case would be thrown out if it went to CAS).
FFA gave 15 month ban when their minimum was 12 and FIFAs was 6.

Disciplinary board made no real difference on appeal.

Appeals committee got creative when they realised that if it went to CAS and would be thrown out.

Only one with any credit is Lyall Gorman and the Mariners board. They supported the player and copped the final result for the good of the game when the advice was it would be thrown out by CAS. The advice was recieved from Bob Ellicott - Danny's lawyer and himself a CAS Arbitrator

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred