• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Melbourne Away - Round 20

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Razorback said:
stewy said:
oh well we lost cant change anything our finals chances are decided today

Great point! It gets so tediuos to read previous post bitching about the ref! Swings and round abouts... get over it. I'm pretty sure the ref didn't put 3 ball in the net in 10 minutes. Whinge about the piss poor defenders, the effort and attitude of some players and coaching "strategy"

Nobody's blaming the referee here :p

Still, looking at who the sheepshaggers have to play, we still should get into the finals.

I'm inclined to think that's somewhat unfortunate at the moment.....

marinermick

BAD BULLZ said:
Bearinator said:
Gav... said:
Eggy, didnt you want to get off the plane this morning? still sleeping after we landed at newcastle.

He also went straight to work from the plane. Eggy = Marinators legend

TBF I stumbled too that plane straight from whichever pub (dont even remember) i was in last.
Work was um shite
And as tradition has it i lost something at an away game again. ::) ::) :headbutt: :headbutt:........................AGAIN AFKNGAIN no not my phone but did anyone happen to pick up my asia scarf??????

my fault egg - i kept you up drinking till 4:30am

fun night though

Guns of Melbourne

One of the best times I have had at Telstra Dome. Thanks to nutmeg for pleading with the coppers to let me into the away bay... Giving the finger to the South End was great.

Sorry about the result. The entire city of Melbourne will be behind you on Sunday.

fruitbat

[/quote]Don't say heff was a 2, last time i mentioned to him he wasn't going that well he wanted to punch me lights out in front of all the fans in the bowling club.
[/quote]

Apparently he has been selected for the Soceroos.

I'd like to see how he reacts when Verbeek tells him how poor his performance was against melb and that Minecon made him look like a monkey the week before.

offtheball

Don't say heff was a 2, last time i mentioned to him he wasn't going that well he wanted to punch me lights out in front of all the fans in the bowling club.
[/quote]

Apparently he has been selected for the Soceroos.

I'd like to see how he reacts when Verbeek tells him how poor his performance was against melb and that Minecon made him look like a monkey the week before.
[/quote]

Must be a squad of 50

The Hef was unwell when he played the week before and Pimm has been at EVERY Mariners game since his return. (Not just the last two). Prior to the Red the other night he had a solid game - nothing went in from the left if you recall.

Do you really think Verbeek would have picked him out of the 160 or so players in the A league he could choose from if he thought otherwise ?

Get over it and start supporting your players, isn't that what "supporters" means ?

I think it's great that the four boys got call up. Good luck to all of them. They have obviously impressed over the course of the season - not just the last two games.  Go the yellow !

dibo

welcome to the forum shady - people express their views here, and sometimes they're critical of players, coaches, referees and whatever else. you're free to add your two cents as well.

welcome again, i hope you enjoy the lively discussion!

Paolo

shadyphinn said:
Get over it and start supporting your players, isn't that what "supporters" means ?
can confirm that this is a relative of heff's.

p.s support the badge, players are just employees and we have every right to blast them when performing poorly, just like any other employee would cop

marinersman

keensy said:
shadyphinn said:
can confirm that this is a relative of heff's.

p.s support the badge, players are just employees and we have every right to blast them when performing poorly, just like any other employee would cop

+1, good post.

soundsdifferent

Central Coast's Dean Heffernan cops two-game ban after elbowing Muscat

January 19, 2009 CENTRAL Coast defender Dean Heffernan will miss the rest of the season unless the Mariners make the A-League grand final after receiving a two-match ban.

Heffernan had what can be best described as a brain explosion during his side's 3-0 loss to Melbourne on the weekend, elbowing Victory skipper Kevin Muscat in the head late in the Telstra Dome defeat.

His off-the-ball strike, while awaiting a corner kick, earned a straight red card from referee Peter Green and also the ire of coach Lawrie McKinna who described the incident as "shocking" and "ridiculous".

McKinna faces a massive defensive reshuffle for this weekend after Andrew Clark also picked up a yellow card to earn a one-match ban.

The Mariners (fourth, 28 points) will know exactly what they need to do against table-topping Adelaide on Sunday to secure a finals spot, with the fifth-placed Wellington Phoenix (26 points) to play the Victory in Melbourne on Friday night.

Meanwhile Sydney FC's Zach Cairncross will also serve a two-match ban.

The central defender was issued with a red card for a challenge on Queensland's Andrew Packer in their 3-1 loss to the Roar.

Sydney are out of finals contention

~Floss~

soundsdifferent said:
Dean Heffernan will miss the rest of the season unless the Mariners make the A-League grand final after receiving a two-match ban.

Doesn't make sense.

Can't Adelaide and the first leg semi count as the 2 matches?

Alicia

How come whenever any of our players do something wrong, it's called a "brain explosion"

I could be bias, but i'm sure that term isn't used when referring to other players / teams.

soundsdifferent

Alicia said:
How come whenever any of our players do something wrong, it's called a "brain explosion"

I could be bias, but i'm sure that term isn't used when referring to other players / teams.

becausee we notice the spec in our eye rather on focusing on the spec in the other teams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred