• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Melbourne Away - Round 20

krusty

all you people are so negative you will all eat your words when we win that toilet seat that we gave the scum crap about last year we would love to win it. WE have had a couple of bad games but we will come back lets be positive and stop talking like loses. we are the MARINERS lets fire up we are winners lets prove it to the nation GO YOU YELLOW!!!!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

FFS, WHEN WILL MUSCAT BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE????
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_xor1kAFwe0

Not only does he blatantly boot Gumps in the head, but he sackwhack's Matty Simon - right in front of the AR too (unfortunately she was looking at the ref at the time)

Does Muscat live in some sort of frequency that makes him invisible to the eyes of referees?

It'd be nice if the FFA actually showed some backbone and suspended him over his blatant and violent conduct which has clearly been caught on camera and brought to attention by the media - but we all know they won't.

FFC Mariner

krusty said:
all you people are so negative you will all eat your words when we win that toilet seat that we gave the scum crap about last year we would love to win it. WE have had a couple of bad games but we will come back lets be positive and stop talking like loses. we are the MARINERS lets fire up we are winners lets prove it to the nation GO YOU YELLOW!!!!

WE feel that but I dont think the players do, THEY need go grow a backbone not us

Gav...

He also did elbow heff in the side of the head in about the 61st minute. Heff does it to him and gets a red card

Paolo

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
FFS, WHEN WILL Musc**t BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE????

Not only does he blatantly boot Gumps in the head,
Your taking the piss surely??

He jumps and clears the ball....gumps runs in with head down and mus-cats boot collects his head...nothing blatant about it. Accidental...nothing more

Blackadder

If there was any Karma Muscat would break his leg and be forced to retire.

The incident with Gumpy while accidental still is dangerous play and at the very least should have been a free.

Sackwhacks Matty Simons no more than a metre from the AR and she misses it.

Baits Heff who takes it, of course AR doesn't miss that.

I would hope he is brought up on charges from the sackwhack, but seems he falls into the protected speices category.

Redline

HAL news site said:
McKinna blasts mistakes, discipline

Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna has delivered a stinging attack on his side's lack of discipline after the Mariners crashed to their second consecutive loss and failed to secure their spot in the final series.

Melbourne put three goals past the Mariners in seven second-half minutes at Telstra Dome, lending a lop-sided look to the scoreboard in match where the visiting team were more than competitive.

Silly errors and a lack of discipline have cost his side dearly in the past two weeks, and McKinna said this was not the time of year to lose momentum.

"We were on a good run there with five or six good weeks, not conceding, scoring plenty of goals, playing good football. Coming down here's always going to be hard but we felt like we dominated a lot of that game," he said.

"It was seven minutes that killed us. We felt well on top and comfortable, missed a few good chances," he said. "Within seven minutes, the game was gone. We had the game in our grasp and it was suddenly gone."

While he was gracious about the Victory's performance, McKinna said all three of Melbourne's goals could have been prevented by better discipline in defence. He said Pedj Bojic's run to track Archie Thompson for the first goal was ill-judged, while he was filthy that the Mariners' wall allowed Carlos Hernandez's free kick to get through.

"We get a free kick where the wall breaks. The ball went straight through the wall, that can't happen," he said. "The third goal, Pedj (Bojic) was sucked in too close and Archie's went way, and he loves playing against us, because he scores."

McKinna said that Matt Simon's missed chance just after the hour when the scores were still level was a crucial mistake and was possibly the turning point of the game.

"It would have been a totally different result. We were dominating then. Even Nik Mrdja's one which went across the face of goal, he has to hit the target from there," he said.

But his biggest criticism was reserved for experienced midfielder Dean Heffernan, who was sent off late in the game for an incident in the penalty box involving Kevin Muscat.

McKinna said that Heffernan's spot in the team after any suspension served would not be guaranteed.

"That was shocking, we were down 3-0 and there's a couple of minutes to go and I think the altercation with Muscat. Kevin just sucked him in and Heff's bit. It's ridiculous, he's probably out for two weeks. Hopefully whoever comes in next week does a good job and Heff doesn't get back in the team, he doesn't deserve to after ill-discipline like that," he said.

Ouch...KM is pissed off...as he well should be. And I think Heff is on notice...again, as he should be.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

keensy said:

He jumps and clears the ball....gumps runs in with head down and mus-cats boot collects his head...nothing blatant about it. Accidental...nothing more

Watch the clip.  Gumps dropped his head, maybe an inch.  Musc**t was clearly the one at fault there - and I don't believe there's a single thing he does by accident.

FFS, Muscat JUMPED, for christ sake.  This wasn't one of those incidents where the ball is around chest/stomach height and both players then contribute to the dangerous situation....

It HAD to be a free kick, at minimum.  There is absolutely zero justification for not awarding a free kick there - and while I'd like to see it a red card, I'd have to admit that I may be biased in that, but surely a yellow at minimum.  It was very dangerous to raise his foot like that in a crowded area.

Bear

Blackadder said:
dibo said:
that'd be blackadder, looking appropriately glum in the circumstances.

Aye it was my 5 seconds of fame, after 3 goals in 10 mins not a whole lot of reasons to look happy.

Incorrect, was 7 minutes

keensy said:

+1 lol at Muscat going for anything other than the ball. Quite obviously Gumps knew what he was doing, he wanted Kevin to try and kick the ball but miss, trying for a penalty, ref however was right in playing on

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Gumps has the right to head the ball when it's at head height - no player has the right to put their foot up around a player's head to play for the ball.  Even if it was a near miss by Musc**t it still should've been a free kick.

If putting your foot up that high when a player is looking to head the ball isn't playing in a dangerous manner, then I don't know what is (FWIW, even Musc**t going for it first still doesn't save him, because if your dangerous play prevents an opponent from challenging for the ball for their own safety, it's still a free kick against you).  Contact means it's kicking, not dangerous play - IMO it was reckless at minimum (yellow card), and endangered the safety of an opponent at worse(red card)

Seriously though, how dare an attacking player attempt to head the ball around head height near the opponent's goal.  What a deadset idiot  :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

Part_Timer

Roy Law said:
but McAllister also missed badly

i will hear NO disrespect of the man showing by far the most heart and pride in the badge in CCM team atm.....i think all the players want a early mark and dont want to make the finals

soundsdifferent

Gav... said:
He also did elbow heff in the side of the head in about the 61st minute. Heff does it to him and gets a red card

i dont recalll seeing this. but did the ref??
because if he didnt he deserves the same ban as heff
hopefuly Match reveiw pannel does something

Gav...

soundsdifferent said:
Gav... said:

i dont recalll seeing this. but did the ref??
because if he didnt he deserves the same ban as heff
hopefuly Match reveiw pannel does something

It not as clear as Heffs elbow, but there is deffinately contact with the arm/elbow to the head

FFC Mariner

Musc**t is the master at the sly foul and mouthing off at the player until he reacts.

Our players would do better to learn from him or ignore him rather than falling for that shit.

(Still hope he gives away the deciding penalty in the GF as his ACL snaps mind you)

clarence

FFC Mariner said:
Musc**t is the master at the sly foul and mouthing off at the player until he reacts.

Our players would do better to learn from him or ignore him rather than falling for that shit.

(Still hope he gives away the deciding penalty in the GF as his ACL snaps mind you)

+1, and until we get a player who can match him (we have had only one player do a 'Muscat' on Muscat and that was Jamie Mac), it is probably best to avoid the c**t and just go in hard on tackles. At his age, he is only one bad knee or leg injury away from retirement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred