• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matildas WC 2019 thread

ballantyne

Some wobbles in the 3rd quarter there, but a worthy second place I think.
Couldn't find a legit way to watch here in Spain, so watched a pirate stream of the US Fox coverage. Spectacularly inept, solidly pro-Jamaican, and with the Australian summariser commentating on the other game!

Forum Phoenix

Good result, but despite the score line, still not the most convincing performance.

Great to see Kerr get 4, and there are some real bright spots amongst the side, but the worry is with the possession style we’re playing, how often we miss hit passes and turn over the ball in transition. A better side could have punished us way more than once.

In Milicic’s words...

“It's a brave playing style, it is. But when we get it right, we look dangerous and then we're a lot in control.”

True, except besides being dangerous, we will struggle to break down better defensive sides if we don’t move the hall a lot quicker.

Anyway, Norway are tough, but believe we can do it.

ballantyne

No need to rake over the curriculum debate again here, and I haven't really followed the pre-Milicic Matildas, but in this comp they have had periods of looking simultaneously ineffective and vulnerable in possession.
They need to improve.

ballantyne

Garriock:
“I don’t think we’ve been fluent or controlled the tempo of the game; I don’t think we’ve been a team utilising our strengths – purposeful possession.

Our stats were 70% and 30% against Jamaica but is that purposeful?"

marinermick

I see the quotes and comments above and all I hear is Paul Okon.

The only difference is that we a higher quality of player than the teams we have played so far and individual brilliance with some luck has gotten us out of trouble.

Wombat

England are looking dangerous and they defeated a lively Japan side 2.0. The Jap keeper was excellent. The England keeper also made 2 superb saves. I'm not being funny but I doubt Kennedy or Pearce would have made those saves.

From what i've seen its a Pom v Yank final.

On a side note i watched the Thai keeper again in their 5.1 loss as she is definately a Matthew Trott......Trotty played one U23 game (probably with Milicic as coach) so they are vying for the worst ever international goalkeeepers in the history of the game.

Forum Phoenix

England are looking dangerous and they defeated a lively Japan side 2.0. The Jap keeper was excellent. The England keeper also made 2 superb saves. I'm not being funny but I doubt Kennedy or Pearce would have made those saves.

From what i've seen its a Pom v Yank final.

On a side note i watched the Thai keeper again in their 5.1 loss as she is definately a Matthew Trott......Trotty played one U23 game (probably with Milicic as coach) so they are vying for the worst ever international goalkeeepers in the history of the game.

Germany also looking very good for mine.

ballantyne

It's a pleasure to watch this comp: vanishingly low levels of cheating and some interesting new Laws applications.
The referee uniforms are very flattering *fans self*.
Also love how much the Grenoble fans hate Germany.

pjennings

Australia's gone. I haven't seen the game yet but believe Norway were the better side.
I have - Norway were the better side but some strange VAR decisions overturning a penalty when no clear and obvious error and not overturning a red card when there was a clear and obvious error.

ballantyne

Norway were better. They well-implemented the standard answer to the current Australian fad for possession: press high and every time you get the ball you're dangerous.

Tevor

I have - Norway were the better side but some strange VAR decisions overturning a penalty when no clear and obvious error and not overturning a red card when there was a clear and obvious error.
We have had our fair share of good decisions in the pool games so I don’t think we can complain too much. Always going to struggle against a better team with their game plan. Let’s see how Macarthur go with Okon version two in the HAL with Milic at the helm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami