• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matildas WC 2019 thread

Holy

I really felt for the girls last night. They really seemed over-coached, the decision making, especially passing decisions just didn’t seemed to be the instinctive play we have seen pre Milicic, rather it seemed based on instruction. There was zero precision in our play that hurt Italy, especially in the final 3rd.

A big turnaround needed for Brazil game.

Forum Phoenix

I really felt for the girls last night. They really seemed over-coached, the decision making, especially passing decisions just didn’t seemed to be the instinctive play we have seen pre Milicic, rather it seemed based on instruction. There was zero precision in our play that hurt Italy, especially in the final 3rd.

A big turnaround needed for Brazil game.

Yep they were thinking their way through it, too late to have come in and tried to make changes ahead of a WC. That and having to constantly turn and chase for what is just a simple over the top ball but is now a nail biting goal scoring opportunity - only mercifully for it to be ruled offside. Lifted their confidence and kept wearing on ours. And at the very least broke our rhythm.

Just imagine what Kerr would have done to the Italians if they set up like us. She would have had a bag full.

Brazil are still a mess imo - but they grew in confidence last night and will now be coming into this game on the front foot and now theirs blood in the water with how we’ve also been performing.

Last edited:

true believer

a year ago we pantsed brazil 5 nil . i thank this time we'll give up 5
if there is gunna be a lynch mob at FFA head quarters im in

Forum Phoenix

"...Clare is brave to do that. We are not going to change our style because we have conceded a goal," Milicic said.

"I will always believe in that style, that's the style we want to progress up the field, we just need to get better at it and better at it quickly."

Who does that bloody sound like.

Smacks of yet another coach who has bought into the ego myth of a fixed philosophy that they can build their identities/careers off of.

“Always believe” so just like Okon even defeat and repeated failure cannot move you. It’s a nonsense.

Australian coaching desperately needs to mature to the point where ex Socceroo swoon factor is only a small consideration, and recognise the qualities and skills that truly matter in coaching do not always overlap with playing level, so guys like Cahn don’t get forced sideways by egotistical ex Roos etc

turbo

"I will always believe in that style, that's the style we want to progress up the field, we just need to get better at it and better at it quickly."

I think he’s right to not try to change things significantly in a few days but at the same time the quote above is madness. If you haven’t got it figured out by now your odds of rectifying it by the end of the week aren’t great. At best you can hope to cut out some horrible individual errors or make some subs if players aren’t performing. There’s a very real chance we’ll be out in the group stages.

Wombat

I think he’s right to not try to change things significantly in a few days but at the same time the quote above is madness. If you haven’t got it figured out by now your odds of rectifying it by the end of the week aren’t great. At best you can hope to cut out some horrible individual errors or make some subs if players aren’t performing. There’s a very real chance we’ll be out in the group stages.

When they announced the Coach and then announced his assistant.......there was a very real chance Australia wouldn't make it out of the group stages.

Big Al

They weren’t very good under staj at the end if 2018 and were very lucky in The Asian cup. Didn’t play anywhere near what they had been in the previous 18 months.

A couple of injuries and a declining side for me and then throwing in a coach with no clue about woman’s football especially so close to the cup has disaster writers all over it.

It wasn’t just the high line. We were dominated for alot of the second half until the girls started to realize of shit only 10 mins left and started ti put the foot down.

Sam Kerr was ordinary and wasn’t used in the right manner and the mids were dominated

Forum Phoenix

But that’s the larger point, he has tried to drastically change things in a very short period. They’re still not there, so he’s saying learn faster do better immediately. Agree. Madness.

Forum Phoenix

Plan B: do Plan A better, sound familiar?
Yeah exactly.

And now we have Matilda’s coming out saying we’ll stick to our guns, it’s the Australian way to play out from the back and we won’t play direct football.

The attempt to play the Dutch way... anyway... stupid framing. These things aren’t mutually exclusive. It’s not either or, You can look to play out from the back but still go long when nothing is on or danger is too high, and also compliment build up play with some direct play to not be so damn predictable and stop opponents from just pressing you into self destruction. Even Bloody Barca plays some direct balls still.

Still shows a tactical immaturity or inferiority complex in Australian football imo.

Last edited:

Wombat

Thailand just got flogged 13.0 by USA. I took a 4.5+ start at $4.50. Turns out it wasn't a smart bet. USA were paying 1.01 But who is going to risk $1000 to win $10.

Interestingly Aus are favs to win v Brazil.

Fark moi.....................i just watched the highlights. The Thailand keeper is the lovechild of Kennedy and Pearce..................you have to google it too realise how f**king terrible she is.
Maybe she is brittled boned and to actually put any part of your body behind the ball would end in tragedy or she has the same bookie as Kennedy.

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

Yeah exactly.

And now we have Matilda’s coming out saying we’ll stick to our guns, it’s the Australian way to play out from the back and we won’t play direct football.

The attempt to play the Dutch way... anyway... stupid framing. These things aren’t mutually exclusive. It’s not either or, You can look to play out from the back but still go long when nothing is on or danger is too high, and also compliment build up play with some direct play to not be so damn predictable and stop opponents from just pressing you into self destruction. Even Bloody Barca plays some direct balls still.

Still shows a tactical immaturity or inferiority complex in Australian football imo.
Even Gombau realised this when he came here orginally, first tried to play complete Tika Taka and then realised it wasn't working so adapted the game plan. The insanity that there is only one way to win is destroying Australian football, the rest of the world moved on 6 years ago.

true believer

The var is ruining the game. its a goal to australia but its the wrong call

Offside as the linesman signalled.

Edit nice win .

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Great win. Logarzo and Ford were excellent. I appreciate its Brazil, however it was still anything but a convincing performance. Their attitude and pressing cannot be faulted, but it was two Brazilian mistakes, the rub of the green and Marta going off that got us the win.

As a Mariners fan watched two years of slow build up play that makes it very hard to attack effectively. Complimented by regular turn overs in dangerous areas because the players just don’t have the skill to be always passing and playing out.

Pound for pound I believe we’re a better team than Brazil and Italy but the way we’re trying to play is fairly obviously not working imo. Italy should not have beaten us and Brazil should have and could have closed us out.

Lots of non effective possession, then make a bad pass while our team is stretched and other side counters with acres of space to run into. Looks so familiar.

I want to believe and you can see the skill and ambition there, but I just can’t see the fluency. For any hope to medal, they will have to rapidly improve imo.

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, yes the Matilda’s beat Brazil , the var was fkn ridiculous BUT the highlight of our game (or low light) was Cap’n Kerr’s post match interview, now I can’t be a 100 % certain but if Jedinak or Belhich or any other Socceroos captain told anyone to suck on that , there would be an almighty shit storm.....girl needs media classes OR the arm band removed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami