• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matildas WC 2019 thread

Big Al

Bump 1st game tonight.

I’m very worried for the girls. Ante hasn’t had them playing anywhere near the standard Staj had them but they were starting to show signs of tiring of Staj in the last couple of games before his sacking.

Is it the girls have reached there peak and are now in decline or was Staj trying to much in prep for the World Cup?

Has Ante just taken a while to get used to the girls or does he really have no clue?

Unfortunately I’m predicting a bad tournament when it should have been our best

Forum Phoenix

I’m rooting for them, but I agree.

Up until 6 months ago I really believed this could be their time. But they just look too fragile at the back and less cohesive than they were.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

Anyone watching this?
I thought at the time the Italian goal was onside.
Now they've shown it with lines on the pitch. How on earth wasn't it given?
VAR strikes again.

turbo

Woeful. Some terrible mistakes and touches that no professional footballer should be making.

Forum Phoenix

Ante and Gready are both clowns.

Yep. Girls in the commentary box rightfully hammered them. Was Milicic just trying to stamp his name on the squad?Why has he fixed what wasn't broken?

Polkighorne's error was terrible, but that bloody high line and play out at all costs was Okon-esque and just awful. And funny that it facilitated exactly the kind of defensive errors we gave away. We looked very Mariners like second half. Maybe it's bloody Jolic? He's the common ingredient. Ante's press conference after was pathetic too, and also Okon-esque.

Devanna trying too hard, gave the ball away 5 or 6 times. Should not have been subbed on at that stage and why were they letting Sam drift so wide? Got onto the end of 3 balls 1st half and then just pumps in a few crosses in the second instead.

Tell you what, they've clearly lost a far better coach in Staj. Those who ousted him have a lot to answer for.

Matilda's loss will maybe prove our gain, but it sucks right now.

Forum Phoenix

Can't blame the coaches for skill errors like the lead-up to the Italian 1st goal. At least, not at this level.

Terrible individual error but there was a lot the coaches got wrong imho. And the similarity of mistake when you get big defenders with limited ball skills who have to play out at all costs was so depressingly familiar.

FFC Mariner

Nice seeing the scummer ballsing it up, from the ABC match report:

The growing pains within the team are obvious; the side hasn't performed up to their previous standards since former coach Alen Stajcic's removal, with no clear signs of improvement under Milicic.

true believer

can you imagine staj , screaming at the tv last night !
Polkighorne was exposed by angie ball . i feel for such a great servant for australia .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami