• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matildas squad to tackle Asia's finest announced

Paolo

This pic gives me more reason for wanting to get into the dressing room afterwards, it could get interesting ;)
imgresizer.aspx

Atomic

keensy said:
oooo i like this, women having a dig at the men back, well in.

Now for my return serve.
The higher average IQ in the stadium will be useless as there will be zero football knowledge.
ok your go.

My point about the IQ... Q.E.D.

Understand Keensy?... I thought not.

midfielder

Great News

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23892548-23215,00.html

Matildas upset Brazil

June 19, 2008 AUSTRALIA'S women's football team has scored a memorable 1-0 win against 2007 World Cup runners-up Brazil in Korea, the match decided by an injury-time strike from Kyah Simon.

The 16-year-old scored the dramatic goal in the dying seconds of the 2008 Peace Cup match, earning a small level of solace after the Brazilians ended the Matildas' run at the quarter-final stage of last year's World Cup.

S

soccersensei

Firstly, good on you for posting this thread Midfielder.

But how does a Matilda's thread get so slobbered and butchered by such a bunch of pathetic sexist losers?? Honestly, on such a fantastic football forum in this day and age, what a farking embarrassment!!! To our female members, I'm ashamed you even have to raed this shit, but luckily I'm sure you know that its just the spawn of a minority group of very limited minds, and as Dibo stated, thankfully the world is moving on. Oh and exciting as it is to discuss on a Matilda's thread that some of you play 1st grade  ::) It's a pity your brains are still in preschool and your ideologies are in the middle ages. Me "boys" I love women... and I love football... so loving women's football is beyond easy. But hey I also like to look for the good in things, but from what some of you guys offer up, all i see are a pack of belligerent wankers, who then hilariously have the gaul to hide behind the ol "Oim just spressing moi opinion moite! "don't opress me" It'd be f**king hilarious if it wasn't so f**king tragic! Seriously...if on a topic about the women that are kicking ass representing our country, you've got nothing better to offer than a "awww f**kin chicks are shit ey! Get back in the kitchen...blah blah...awww I'd farkin go errrr..."
THEN f**k OFFFFFFFFFF ALREADY!!!!!!!!!    :redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup:

Some of you pin heads are really starting to clog up this place with all the juvenile shit you speak. I really used to enjoy the intelligent discussions on here, but lately, talk about dumbing down FFS  ::)

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:

Arabmariner

soccersensei said:
Firstly, good on you for posting this thread Midfielder.

But how does a Matilda's thread get so slobbered and butchered by such a bunch of pathetic sexist losers?? Honestly, on such a fantastic football forum in this day and age, what a farking embarrassment!!! To our female members, I'm ashamed you even have to raed this shit, but luckily I'm sure you know that its just the spawn of a minority group of very limited minds, and as Dibo stated, thankfully the world is moving on. Oh and exciting as it is to discuss on a Matilda's thread that some of you play 1st grade  ::) It's a pity your brains are still in preschool and your ideologies are in the middle ages. Me "boys" I love women... and I love football... so loving women's football is beyond easy. But hey I also like to look for the good in things, but from what some of you guys offer up, all i see are a pack of belligerent wankers, who then hilariously have the gaul to hide behind the ol "Oim just spressing moi opinion moite! "don't opress me" It'd be f**king hilarious if it wasn't so f**king tragic! Seriously...if on a topic about the women that are kicking ass representing our country, you've got nothing better to offer than a "awww f**kin chicks are shit ey! Get back in the kitchen...blah blah...awww I'd farkin go errrr..."
THEN f**k OFFFFFFFFFF ALREADY!!!!!!!!!    :redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup:

Some of you pin heads are really starting to clog up this place with all the juvenile shit you speak. I really used to enjoy the intelligent discussions on here, but lately, talk about dumbing down FFS  ::)

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :headbutt: :headbutt: :headbutt:
:eek: :-X

S

soccersensei

HA! lol, Apples with apples ffs. Neal cooked her own goose. But if say your opinion was that Neal should be hung out to dry because she was a woman...? THEN yeah I would say your a PIN HEAD... But fundly enough you didn't actually make any belligerent sexist remarks that I saw Greenpole? Just disinterested disdain, which is simply what it is. But that said I don't give a shite if you think I'm being a righteous wanker, if you think I'm a "tosser" for saying that I think wading through a topic on the Matilda's which is filled with "get back in the kitchen" style comments is a farking embarrassment... THEN I'D RATHER BE A FARKING TOSSER IN ANY CASE!

kevrenor

soccersensei said:
Some of you pin heads are really starting to clog up this place with all the juvenile shit you speak. I really used to enjoy the intelligent discussions on here, but lately, talk about dumbing down FFS

You've noticed!  :goodpost:

I thought it was just the off-season, but I am not so sure anymore!  :headbutt:

Atomic

kevrenor said:
soccersensei said:
Some of you pin heads are really starting to clog up this place with all the juvenile shit you speak. I really used to enjoy the intelligent discussions on here, but lately, talk about dumbing down FFS

You've noticed!  :goodpost:

I thought it was just the off-season, but I am not so sure anymore!  :headbutt:

:postcount:
I was discussing this exact point with a fellow forum contributor the other day. He too suggested that the off-season was to blame.

S

soccersensei

Yeah, thanks Kev, it has been a little maddening hasn't it.
Re off season - hope that's the case, then there's even more reason to look forward to the season starting I guess ;D
(Like we needed it ;) )

midfielder

Maybe Matty S & Boogs will be here as well.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem&id=22594

New Zealand double header for Olyroos and Matildas
Tuesday, 24 June 2008

The Qantas Under 23s and the Matildas will face New Zealand's Men's and Women's Olympic Football teams at North Sydney Oval on Saturday 12 July.

This will be the first opportunity for football fans to see the Qantas Under 23 team that will head to China for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games after the final squad is announced in Sydney earlier in July. They will meet the New Zealand Under 23 Men's team which is also Beijing-bound, having come through Oceania qualification undefeated.

The Matildas will provide essential match practice for the New Zealand Women's team, the Football Ferns, as they also head off to Beijing. While the Matildas fell narrowly to North Korea in the final qualifying stage, the Football Ferns, qualified for the Olympic Games after defeating Papua New Guinea 2-0 in a play-off in March.

The double header kick's off at 12 noon when the Matildas meet the New Zealand Women's Football team, with the Qantas Under 23s going head to head with the New Zealand Under 23 Men's Football team at 2.00pm.

Ticket's for both matches are on sale from today from Ticketek, via the internet, over the phone, at outlets or at the ground on match day.

Match Details

Qantas Under 23s vs New Zealand Under 23s (Mens)
Matildas vs New Zealand (Womens)

Saturday 12 July 2008
North Sydney Oval
Kick-Off: 12.00 noon (Womens); 2.00pm (Mens)

Gates Open 11.45am

marinersman

Just on the NZ Olympic team, I read this article today.

F**king unbelievable. No Australian club would ever stop their players from representing Australia at the Olympics (overage or not).

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=99802

Olympic disappointment for Wellington Phoenix duo
tribalfooball.com - June 24, 2008

Shane Smeltz and Tony Lochhead have both expressed disappointment at the Wellington Phoenix' decision not to release them for the Olympics.
The pair will not be going to the games as the Oly-Whites' over-23 players, as the Olympics clash with the start of the A-league football season.

Smeltz accepts it was a difficult choice for the Phoenix to make. He says any athlete would want to go to one of the world's biggest sporting events but understands why they cannot play.

midfielder

marinersman said:
Just on the NZ Olympic team, I read this article today.

F**king unbelievable. No Australian club would ever stop their players from representing Australia at the Olympics (overage or not).

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=99802

Olympic disappointment for Wellington Phoenix duo
tribalfooball.com - June 24, 2008

Shane Smeltz and Tony Lochhead have both expressed disappointment at the Wellington Phoenix' decision not to release them for the Olympics.
The pair will not be going to the games as the Oly-Whites' over-23 players, as the Olympics clash with the start of the A-league football season.

Smeltz accepts it was a difficult choice for the Phoenix to make. He says any athlete would want to go to one of the world's biggest sporting events but understands why they cannot play.

I agree could come back to bite them like the old chinese saying goes "Happy Wife means Happy Life", well unhappy players ........ mean unhappy camp ........... look at what Mariners did and are doing to give Danny a chance to go.

midfielder

Good on them I hope they win

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/matildas/matildas-duo-in-line-for-top-award-121698/

Matildas duo in line for top award

25 June 2008   

Matildas duo Heather Garriock and Collete McCallum headline a star-studded list of players competing for the AFC Womens Player of the Year award.

Playmaker McCallum will be looking to improve on last years result when she was second runner-up to Ri Kum-suk.

Ri, who led DPR Korea to the victory in the recently-concluded Asian Cup in Ho Chi Minh City, is in the running again, along with tournament MVP Homare Sawa of Japan.

Sawa, who was named Asias best female player in 2004, was first runner-up to Ri in 2007.

29-year-old Ri is the oldest of the eight finalists, while McCallum is the youngest at 22.

The second AFC Womens Awards ceremony will be held in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur on November 20.

The Contenders:

Australia

Heather Garriock (Fortuna Hjorring, Denmark)

Collette McCallum (Pali Blues, W League USA)

DPR Korea

Ri Kum-Suk (April 25, DPR Korea)

Ri. Un-Gyong (Wolmeido Sports Club, DPR Korea)

China

Xu Yuan (Shanghai Club, China)

Qu Feifei (Army Club, China)

Japan

Homare Sawa (NTV Beliza, Japan)

Aya Miyama(Okayama Yunosato Belle,Japan)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred