• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matildas squad to tackle Asia's finest announced

T

keensy said:
haha i know i didnt play the best and i was the first to admit it after the game, i have had better matches and im not saying i am great in that grade or deserve to be playing in it. But a shortage of defensive players has seen me thrown in there in man marking situation with only 3 at the back which i do not see as ideal for me as i do lack pace.

People get better with experience and after only 3 games in 1st grade im not expecting to be setting the world on fire.

any further digs???
I could go on :) but since it has nothing to do with this thread. I won't, just think next time before making statment reminiscent of those of the 1940s. There is a place for womens football, and no its not as exciting as mens, but there is still a fairly high level of skill involved.

Paolo

How is prefering to drink beer at the pub instead a 1940s comment???

Lots of people would prefer to stay at a pub and drink,then pay 5.50 in stadium for beer and watch the matildas. It would be the same if there was a mens game of equal standard to the matildas was on prior to the main game

Chimmi

It isn't, but that isn't all you're saying. Several posts from several people including you repetitively using the 'get back in the kitchen' and Arabmariners "Waste of money and resources.I prefer ladies to be ladies. Wink" comment is. A joke is fine but its been pushed a to far in this thread - its coming off as being nasty.

Paolo

I do believe my comments have been regarding staying at the pub instead and that women were delusional. No mention of kitchens or resouces there. And the wink is at dibo speaking for the whole world not in regards to the topic

Chimmi

Ive corrected the wink quote - that was Arabmariner's gem. and again - this isn't one joke from one person but several shots from a few people, and its going a bit far.

skilbeck

Arabmariner said:
Blokes play fitba!

Women should be in the kitchen!

I didnt realise the attitudes towards women in east Scotland were that conservative :p , im guessing the only liberally minded team are the hoops

Deej

Fish recently helped me install a new kitchen and he told me that I should stand Bek up against the cabinets so we could make it a perfect height!

Bloody good finish too ;)

Arabmariner

Some touchy people on this forum :p

I must be wrong.The pub will obviously be empty before the Ghana game because the stadium will be packed to the rafters watching the Matildas game! ::)

dru

Are the Asian Cup games going to be televised?

Also do we know if Melissa Barbieri has been playing in the victorian league this season? Will be interesting to see how they go.

FFC Mariner

Arabmariner said:

I must be wrong.The pub will obviously be empty before the Ghana game because the stadium will be packed to the rafters watching the Matildas game! ::)

Great more elbow room and can get to the bar faster - no intention whatsoever of leaving the pub to watch womens football. They had better not cut up our pitch either.

Atomic

Greenpoleffc said:
Arabmariner said:

Great more elbow room and can get to the bar faster - no intention whatsoever of leaving the pub to watch womens football. They had better not cut up our pitch either.

Everyone's happy... more elbow room in the pub and a higher average IQ in the stadium.

Paolo

oooo i like this, women having a dig at the men back, well in.

Now for my return serve.
The higher average IQ in the stadium will be useless as there will be zero football knowledge.
ok your go.

loyalist

I have compiled a collection of photos so we can better see the potential that this football team has!
imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

imgresizer.aspx

Paolo

I have had a changed of mind in the last few seconds and now feel that the matildas deserve my support and i may attend they are a quality bunch of girls with alot of potential.

Is there anyway to have dressing room access afterwards?

T

keensy said:
I have had a changed of mind in the last few seconds and now feel that the matildas deserve my support and i may attend they are a quality bunch of girls with alot of potential.

No more than there is for the Socceroos dressing room.

loyalist

T said:
keensy said:

No more than there is for the Socceroos dressing room.
Isn't it the same dressing room?
Or are women rightfully not allowed to use the same one as the men?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred