• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Sydney

shipwreck

Lawrie wont bench Vidmar for a player that hasnt had a game for a month, Boogs is a good player but he wont start against Sydney, i promise you this.

Deej

I can't see Lawrie changing team or tactics for Saturday......Boogs may return on the bench for Stringers?

Sydney will be desperate for 3 points on Saturday........if we score first I can see them falling apart, but if they score first it could be like the last game again and they outplay us with confidence sky high.....everyone wants to beat the league leaders!

Did they get any more suspensions at all from Perth?

midfielder

Andy said:
midfielder said:
Fish, given defense is a major problem for them, as was discussed on another thread, why did they Rudan go ? ! !

So they could get a transfer fee.

What kinda dumb thinking is that (their accountant must be a nut job) ............. bums on seats lost because of poor form .............more than likely be more than transfer fee recieved.

Rowdy

The Big Blue Man nearly scored for the Bling in that game too!

Would have made them look (stupid) & maybe just a little harder at the decision to go for the ca$h grab, considering the bad loss and where there at in regards to personnel for the game against us.

dibo

northernspirit said:
T said:
Read today Kossie said Juninho deefinalty won't be playing
translation: junior will play the full 90 mins

he won't play with a chipped bone in his leg. they're keen for him to play, but they won't cripple him for the sake of it.

Rowdy

fish said:
Sydney have a few more problems than I think can be fixed in a week, defensively at least.
Just listening to Kossies press conference he remarked Bolton couldnt kick and if he knew that he wouldnt have played.If that is the case maybe he wont play this week .I think Necevski is their second kepper?

Was the keeper for Blacktown (btw, anyone who's played for them is a c#nt), when the Mariners played against them in the pre-season game that we travelled down to. Fish stayed across the road at his nan's after the game.  ;)

Rowdy

Ohhhh I don't know?

I went to Shelley Public? (Blacktown) first year (kindy) of my schooling life.

Started the 1st grade at Mt Penang Boy's Home.  ;)

Andy

Matt Nash has also recently started training with Sydney again, meaning he could possibly be given a short-term contract if Bolton isn't fit in time for Saturday's game. John Kosmina ahs already said that he won't be picked if not 100%. Not that I exactly believe that.

Andy

It wouldn't be a CCM-SFC derby if Sasho Petrovski didn't com out and bag out his fomer club.

Petrovski's Rudan warning

CENTRAL Coast striker Sasho Petrovski believes Sydney FC will be "understaffed" in Saturday's derby blockbuster that will have a huge impact on the make-up of the final four this season.

The in-form striker, who knows the sky-blue cast list better than most after two years as a leading Sydney light, said the departure of Mark Rudan would leave a hole in FC's rearguard - and Petrovski aims to exploit that to the full.

The 31-year-old also hopes his six goals this season - including the winner against Adelaide on Friday - may persuade new national coach Pim Verbeek to replicate his burgeoning Coast partnership with John Aloisi on the national stage for next year's World Cup qualifiers.

Hailing coach Lawrie McKinna's recruitment for this season, Petrovski said the Coast had the experience to cope with a dash for the minor premiership - starting on Saturday at Bluetongue Stadium.

"It's a huge game for us and for them, trying to get into the top four," he said.

"We're trying to get a bigger gap and three points against Sydney will put us in a good position to close out the minor premiership. I think they're going to be understaffed - Rudes has left a big hole.

"It's a bit unusual that a key player like that could be let go before the season ends, especially when they want to get into the top four.

"I don't know who's going to fill in there. Ruben (Zadkovich) is still out and (Robbie) Middleby's still struggling."

A win against Sydney would leave the Mariners needing just seven points from the final four games, three of them against teams almost certainly out of finals contention, to be crowned minor premiers.

Petrovski said the team's run of form was attributable to the experience McKinna had added to the squad.

"We've been on top most of the year and now that we believe in ourselves a little bit more, we're grinding out a few results, we're on a good run," he said.

"Maybe they were lacking a bit of experience, and not just in the front line. There were crucial areas they've recruited in - Greg Owens, myself, John Aloisi - they've done their homework on what went wrong last year. The signings have made a big difference and the boys who have come in have been brilliant.

"I'm playing week in week out and scoring, I'm challenging for the Golden Boot. But there's players capable of scoring in the whole team, everyone's chipped in all season."

Now Petrovski hopes his goals may convince Verbeek to resurrect an international career seemingly permanently mothballed since his second cap in 2006, with the World Cup qualifiers likely to be A-League-centric.

"It would be great to be involved - the quality is there (in the A-League)," he said.

"We'll put our hands up and would love to give it our best and get Australia qualified.

"It's a good incentive to keep going well. Me and Johnny could be a strikeforce he (Verbeek) is looking at.

"There's experience there and we're just starting to hit our straps."

Statue

I think Sasho would be someone who was glad the game was postponed as he gets to play against his former club where if it wasnt postponed he couldnt have played

marinermick

boogs has a groin injury and is in doubt

matt simon needs xrays to see if he has a broken bone in his foot and is also in doubt

went to training today and tommy was on absolute fire, as was the combination between JA and saso

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred