• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Scum

marinersman

I thought Breeze had a teriffic match as well. I think it's only fair to acknowledge good refereeing performances when they occassionally happen.

FFC Mariner

marinersman said:
I thought Breeze had a teriffic match as well. I think it's only fair to acknowledge good refereeing performances when they occassionally happen.

The best ref is when you dont notice they are there.

Allowed us to get a few good kicks into sackwhack too.

J Griffiths, even Breeze hates him

:)

marinersman

Greenpoleffc said:
marinersman said:

The best ref is when you dont notice they are there.

Allowed us to get a few good kicks into sackwhack too.

J Griffiths, even Breeze hates him

:)

Agreed GP. I think it's fair to say we had "the rub of the green".

On another note, I agree wholeheartedly with the positive comments about Sash. He's been immense this season and as I think it was Mick who said last week, he's been our best player this season.

I don't know what's going on but he's like a man possesed. His work rate is phenomenal and a model in professionalism to the young blokes. He's doing the dirty work. To seem him drop back into midfield the other night and feed Nik they way he did was, well, just great. I tip my hat to him.

blastbum

Apart from the fact that a few of the Jets players were out, I'm starting to wonder whether it was McKinna's new lineup formation that threw GVE's game strategy out the window. GVE would've anticipated a standard 4-4-2 from McKinna and when McKinna played a 4-2-1-3 with three strikers up front, it might of upset the Jets apple cart. Well done McKinna!!!!

marinersman

blastbum said:
Apart from the fact that a few of the Jets players were out, I'm starting to wonder whether it was McKinna's new lineup formation that threw GVE's game strategy out the window. GVE would've anticipated a standard 4-4-2 from McKinna and when McKinna played a 4-2-1-3 with three strikers up front, it might of upset the Jets apple cart. Well done McKinna!!!!

bb, I think you're onto something. LM definitely got one over vE. Totally different scenario to the Semi at home last season but similar if you know what I mean. Although I hate to admit it, he got LM in the Grand Final. His tactics beat us and they were far the better team that day.

marinermick

blastbum said:
Totally agree marinersman. Sash is up there with the Jedi as far as value to the team.

and sash is getting far fewer stupid yellow cards this season as well

his head seems to be in the right place

bulldogmariner

marinermick said:
blastbum said:
Totally agree marinersman. Sash is up there with the Jedi as far as value to the team.

and sash is getting far fewer stupid yellow cards this season as well

his head seems to be in the right place
he is close to be the first man picked every week at the moment.

Bex

Well, perhaps I need to watch Sasho a bit closer then. Sure, I've noticed he isn't as lazy as he used to be, and there has been the odd occasion when I've noticed him back on our goal line defending (and I'm thinking WTF??), but I wouldn't have thought he has been a standout performer in the team like the previous few posts indicate. I think I'll go and watch the Jets replay again :)

bulldogmariner

Bex said:
Well, perhaps I need to watch Sasho a bit closer then. Sure, I've noticed he isn't as lazy as he used to be, and there has been the odd occasion when I've noticed him back on our goal line defending (and I'm thinking WTF??), but I wouldn't have thought he has been a standout performer in the team like the previous few posts indicate. I think I'll go and watch the Jets replay again :)
Watch the game against Adelaide to and against Sydney in round 2 outstanding in both. Plus played well on a poor team against Pheonix.

Bex

Thanks for the tip Bulldog but Foxtel had to replace my IQ box so I lost all my recorded games including the 5-4 game we lost against Sydney which I have been plucking up the courage to watch again for a long time  :-\

Sean

yeah I am parying to God(Lawrie) that we keep Sasho at CCM after this season. We need him for ACL and I reckon theres a good season or two left in him.

Kareem

marinersman said:
blastbum said:

bb, I think you're onto something. LM definitely got one over vE. Totally different scenario to the Semi at home last season but similar if you know what I mean. Although I hate to admit it, he got LM in the Grand Final. His tactics beat us and they were far the better team that day.
+1
thats y i reckon our MOM was McKinna...4-4-2 wouldnt have done it for me last week!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred