• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Jets: Derby Grand Final

brett

DJ said:
Mattsy said:
can't help but have a laugh at the fact that the newcastle supporters tickets got sold out before the marinators.. I mean, they have to travel further after all.. I guess some people were waiting for dole checks to come through? but in all seriousness, I don't understand that.

1. Cove end is bigger
2. The Marinators Club released a number of ticket back to ticketek on Monday, so allocation was no longer exhausted
3. Not all areas were opened up prior to going to sale to the general public

Understand now?.......

As I half predicted and worried about, it sounds like the 3-4 rows in the middle of Bay 23 will now have Jets fans in them. Whatever happens it's their own damn fault.

Newieutd

Omni said:
http://www.a-league.com.au/default.aspx?s=hal_newsdisplay&id=21543

Gosh, Nigel Boogaard's changed!

Mattsy: Mick stated earlier that the Mariners section actually contains more tickets than Newcastle's section, so that could explain it, I also question if all of Newcastle's section is the Squadron. Any of your fans in our bay may not last long in the SFS  :popo:

There will definitely people who arent part of "the squadron" as you put it, sitting in the Jets supporters area.

Also if there was no tickets left in the stadium and the only tickets available were in the mariners supporters section then i would sit there, no question.

I sat in amongst the Cove in Grand final Version 1 and went for the coast rather then Sydney.

kevrenor

Newieutd said:
There will definitely people who arent part of "the squadron" as you put it, sitting in the Jets supporters area.

Also if there was no tickets left in the stadium and the only tickets available were in the mariners supporters section then i would sit there, no question.

I sat in amongst the Cove in Grand final Version 1 and went for the coast rather then Sydney.

I think that there reason for the Mariners Away Bays being not sold out at that time is that a lot of Mariners fans did not buy in Bays 22,23,24 but elsewhere in the stadium.  I suspect that the Jets Away Bays will contain a lot more 'sit down shut up people' who had less experience away at SFS so went with the allocated bays.

Omni

Newieutd said:
Omni said:

Mattsy: Mick stated earlier that the Mariners section actually contains more tickets than Newcastle's section, so that could explain it, I also question if all of Newcastle's section is the Squadron. Any of your fans in our bay may not last long in the SFS  :popo:

But they weren't the only seats AT ALL, the first two sections to sell out by my Understanding were the two supporters sections, so they even had an option to buy other C category seats, so your argument fails.

Newieutd

kevrenor said:
Newieutd said:

I think that there reason for the Mariners Away Bays being not sold out at that time is that a lot of Mariners fans did not buy in Bays 22,23,24 but elsewhere in the stadium.   I suspect that the Jets Away Bays will contain a lot more 'sit down shut up people' who had less experience away at SFS so went with the allocated bays.

For sure.
However after the Queensland match alot of those people are less sit down shutupish :)

Newieutd

Omni said:
Newieutd said:
Omni said:

But they weren't the only seats AT ALL, the first two sections to sell out by my Understanding were the two supporters sections, so they even had an option to buy other C category seats, so your argument fails.

i dont think i said anything that could be construed as an arguement.

Omni

OK so you're not defending the actions just saying if that's all that was left you'd be fine with it, apologies.

I agree if it's all that's left fair enough, but given it wasn't, cheerio.

Newieutd

Omni said:
OK so you're not defending the actions just saying if that's all that was left you'd be fine with it, apologies.

I agree if it's all that's left fair enough, but given it wasn't, cheerio.

oh for sure, i suggest throw coins at them :p

Deej

Impending stats, facts and trivia:
Sunday's Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final only needs a crowd of 4,814 for the full 2007/08 season aggregate attendance figure to surpass 1,350,000 - an average of 15,000 per game.
A Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final crowd of around 41,000 on Sunday would result in a Hyundai A-League 2007/08 season average crowd of around 15,400, which would be almost 10 per cent higher than the 2006/07 season average. The average 2006/07 season crowd was 14,051, which was 21 per cent above the average of the league's first season (2005/06), 11,627. Including finals matches, the highest average crowd ever achieved in the old NSL was 5989, set in the 1998/99 NSL season.
A Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final victory appearance for Central Coast Mariners players Alvin Ceccoli, Sasho Petrovski and Tom Pondeljak, would take each of their Australian Grand Final victories to four. This would equal the Australian record of four national league Grand Final wins currently held by David Cervinski and Fausto De Amicis, who each obtained four Grand Final victory appearances in the old NSL.
Newcastle Jets Joel Griffiths needs one goal in the Hyundai A-League 2008 Grand Final to take his season goal tally to 15 and thus equal the highest number of goals scored by a player record in a Hyundai A-League season, set by Archie Thompson during the 2006/07 season.
Meanwhile the Newcastle Jets' Mark Bridge will make his 50th appearance in the Hyundai A-League.
A win by the Central Coast Mariners on Sunday will make them the first club to win all three of the Hyundai A-Leagues major competitions Championship, Premiership and Pre-Season Cup.

Teddy Bear

As this is a home game for us, will we get to play in yellow and Newcastle in white? i'm sure they both can't play in home colours as it would probably clash on TV like Adl v Qld

Deej

Teddy Bear said:
As this is a home game for us, will we get to play in yellow and Newcastle in white? i'm sure they both can't play in home colours as it would probably clash on TV like Adl v Qld

we will be in yellow yes

Dboon21

WTF??

r226493_898725.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member