• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Jets: Derby Grand Final

infirmus

jedinaknb6.gif

marconigirl

infirmus said:
I still am not sure that it actually touched, the ball does not move position at all, it stays in the same direction... Unlike Hollands one... Surely if it had touched his hand it would have slightly changed position...

S

soccersensei

Wow, credit where credits due! Thanks for posting that very clear video evidence that while it was close, Jedinak definitely did not handball - whereas Holland who looks quite deliberate by the way the arm goes out, vert clearly did. Very thoughtful of you floppius. I really didn't think you had it in you.

infirmus

Perhaps this is the handball that the linesman saw and Aloisi overheard the him talking to the ref about. Hence no penalty.

infirmus

soccersensei said:
Wow, credit where credits due! Thanks for posting that very clear video evidence that while it was close, Jedinak definitely did not handball - whereas Holland who looks quite deliberate by the way the arm goes out, vert clearly did. Very thoughtful of you floppius. I really didn't think you had it in you.
Explain Jedinaks very quick withdrawal of his arm
[edit]
Not to mention the fact that the Hollands handball does not look intentional at all and it was going to hit him square in the head anyway. Its not like the ball was goal bound or anything.

S

soccersensei

No not goal bound, just heading toward what looks to be maybe Hutch's head and if missed then will fall to the next two in line, which also just happen to be yellow...

Mattsy

Looked to me like hutcho was just pushing into Holland in hope that it would fall back and a miracle would occur. Either way, the final decision is up to the ref, thats the way it's always been. "Play till the whistle"

infirmus

soccersensei said:
No not goal bound, just heading toward what looks to be maybe Hutch's head and if missed then will fall to the next two in line, which also just happen to be yellow...
The ball hitting Hollands hand is obviously accidental and as I said before he still headed it away, a fact which you conveniently ignored. Aloisi still got onto the end of it anyway and wasted it.

BTW you may wish to change your avatar to a sinking ship now that the GF is over.

loyalist

infirmus said:
soccersensei said:
Explain Jedinaks very quick withdrawal of his arm
[edit]
Not to mention the fact that the Hollands handball does not look intentional at all and it was going to hit him square in the head anyway. Its not like the ball was goal bound or anything.
ROFL
if it was going to hit him in the head then why does the dirty judas c**t see the need to stick his arm at it

skilbeck

it looks like infirmus and b-rad have got their dial up working at their housing commission, wonder how long it is until mum and dad number 5 forget or cant afford to pay the bill and it is cut off again

infirmus

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
soccersensei - let's just ignore the troll :)
Is that along the lines of nahnahnahnah, im not listening....?

forzamariners said:
ROFL
if it was going to hit him in the head then why does the dirty judas c**t see the need to stick his arm at it
Thats the whole point, he doesnt need to stick his arm out, hence it is clearly accidental.

skilbeck said:
it looks like infirmus and b-rad have got their dial up working at their housing commission, wonder how long it is until mum and dad number 5 forget or cant afford to pay the bill and it is cut off again
Classy. Lets compare our connection speed e-penises. I have 8Mbit, how about you?

greenpoint

marconigirl said:
I still am not sure that it actually touched, the ball does not move position at all, it stays in the same direction... Unlike Hollands one... Surely if it had touched his hand it would have slightly changed position...

And Jedinak's not even facing the ball! Even if the ball did glance his arm, how could it be anything but accidental?

~Floss~

The path of the ball clearly isn't affected by Jedinak's hand; no way the ref could call that contact. But look at it after it hits Holland's arm! ROFL

stezac

Hi Guys, this is my first post and I'm sorry if it is not on the right forum.
My son and I have been going to the games since preseason year 1. We were at the the first grand final, as we were at the game on sunday. The reason I wanted to place this post is to say thank you to a Marinator.
After the loss my son was so upset, he walk ahead of me and was crying. The young man who spent the afternoon with the megaphone encouraging us all to join in the chants, was walking beside him. He looked down saw how upset he was, he put his arm on his shoulder and told him not to worry, "We will get them next time" he said. He then gave him his marinator's scarf.
It may not sound like much but it meant a lot to my son and is a act of kindness that I wont forget. My son is already talking about the next season and of joining the Marinators.
Thank you again, your act typifies what the Mariners are all about.
The Jets (netball team) may have won the toilet seat on the day , but your act has won a supporter forever

skilbeck

I think that is Brett You have to thank, unless someone else was on a megaphone at a time, again a good story about us that doesnt make the headlines.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Stezac - thanks for that fantastic story, and sincere thanks for actually making the effort to come on here and post your thanks.

It's a pity you came online at a time when there's so much trolling, but your post is certainly a pleasant distraction. 

Whoever that was, good on you, mate. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred