• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v WTFU 2/4

turbo

Should be an interesting first meeting. WU seem to be more consistent than particularly dominating and I think their play style will suit us more than the likes of City/Victory/Adelaide who tend to play a faster more pressing game.

Brisbane pushed them hard a man down for 60 mins so they are definitely beatable at the moment. No point trying to cross over them with NTS and Lacroix in the middle but if we can find a touch of space and pass to feet we'll be in with a decent shot. A win could see us as high as 4th pending other results.

Forum Phoenix

Should be an interesting first meeting. WU seem to be more consistent than particularly dominating and I think their play style will suit us more than the likes of City/Victory/Adelaide who tend to play a faster more pressing game.

Brisbane pushed them hard a man down for 60 mins so they are definitely beatable at the moment. No point trying to cross over them with NTS and Lacroix in the middle but if we can find a touch of space and pass to feet we'll be in with a decent shot. A win could see us as high as 4th pending other results.
They press well. Move the ball well. Work hard. Good side.

my biggest concerns are handling the press and not getting trapped in our own half.

Big Al

Well here we are 3/4 way through the season and we get our first game against WU and two more coming up in the run home. Things are tight because of all the points we’ve thrown away so a win is a must.

Haven’t watched them at all this season but there from might suggest they are cooling off.

Need to cash in on the winning mentality we’ve got running

marinermick

Well here we are 3/4 way through the season and we get our first game against WU and two more coming up in the run home. Things are tight because of all the points we’ve thrown away so a win is a must.

Haven’t watched them at all this season but there from might suggest they are cooling off.

Need to cash in on the winning mentality we’ve got running

Only play them twice all up this season.

Given how poor the NSW teams have been the draw has been kind to us this season.

style_cafe

If Faz is ruled out, Smiffy can go to LB and Olly comes in at LM with the emphasis on playing forward and using the space in behind the back 4. Problem solved for this weekend but f**ked if I know what to do when Faz comes back on Tuesday...:popcorn:

Also Kye comes back in, Miller at RB,Hall to RCB.
Tongyik (if available)goes to the splinter
Who`s on first ?what`s on second ?arrrhhh you know the rest...I`m done

Last edited:

midfielder

Got a good feeling about this game...

Interestingly these are there stats compared to ours...

Played 19 won 11, Drawn 4, lost 4 ===== Goals Scored 25 === Goals conceded 20 === Diff 5

we have

Played 17 won 6, Drawn 4, lost 7 ====== Goals Scored 27 === Goals conceded ==24 ==Diff 3.

They seem to be good at winning those tight games at which we are good at losing.

But they do concede goals and we can score goals ...

I give us a good chance of winning this...

Allreet?

What's happened to their Italian maestro? He's a good player.

They're pretty dangerous in the final third, but that's our strength. Has a draw written all over it unless we can score at least twice.

Allreet?

Have to say also I've been amazed at how well Aloisi has done. I had him pegged as an ex-Socceroo who was given a big chance and didn't have the chops (any success he did have was more down to his brother).

But he doesn't have Ross with him now and he's done wonders with the mess Rudan left.

Allreet?

Wow! Decided to do a bit of fact checking to make sure it was Rudan who was Aloisi's immediate successor, so went to the WU wikipedia site.

There is not a single mention of Rudan on the site despite mentions of every other coach including Anastasiadis and Hutcho.

Someone must really hate Rudan.

booney

Rudan is disliked by a lot of people in the football community. My son in law who supports Sydney FC says he has the reputation of being a grub and smartarse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami