• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v WSW - Round 23

The_Nomad

It's a shame about the weather as that match could have been so much better, we were outplayed for 80% of that match but we got lucky and took our chance when it came.
Guys keep working on your active support, the key ingredient to a fantastic gameday experience is the the active support...it puts bums on seats!

That hill was not nice, but i did find a $10 note on the way back to the pub. Made the trip even sweeter!

Look forward to playing you guys in the GF and beating you on penalties!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Great shot of the support walking up the hill there, it's an impressive sea of red and black! Geez, you'd think it was a bloody final or something.

Aside from a handful of idiots on both sides, it's great that you can have over 20 000 passionate supporters in one place for such an important match and have no violence. Reckon that'd happen at an NRL match? :p

Glad to have a few of you on the board having a bit of discussion and banter too. Even if a few are being a touch sensitive about it all ;-)

Reactions: Bex

Joe

Why did no one from CCM/Yellow Army do anything about the racist banner? Banter is fine, but how can you tolerate that BS?
Starting to think "seabogans" is a pretty accurate description of you lot.

I find these type of accusations pretty funny and hypocritical actually, but not surprising in the age of political correctness.
At the first game of the season at parra stadium the mrs and I were subject to actual racism. Besides being called an Aussie bogan dog and her being called an aussie pig and the like numerous times during the game we were confronted by a mob of mediterranean mixed degenerate youth in the slow penguin march leaving the stadium. I pretty much bear hugged my mrs and did my best to get us through the onslaught of insults, pushing, a cigarette flicked in my face ending in a punch to the back of my head a so called 'skip c*&#t' like me apparently deserved as we escaped.
Needless to say we wont be going back to that sh#^hole, and you will have to excuse me if I could give two f%$ks about a mildly edgy banner playing on a stereotype of asian cuisine.
I suppose I better fall back in line and give the standard apologetic self defeating 'anglo' response when charged with 'racism' a modern day witch hunter expects and thank the wanderers fans for only destroying and melting some of our seats. Thank you for no reported bashings of adolescents or families walking home. Oh thank you! wanderers fans for not burning our little 'seabogan' town down.

Benched

Joe, that is very unfortunate.
As an Aussie bogan who is an RBB member, I apologise. I remember at the match at Parra Stadium some of our dickhead element tried to pick a fight with the CCM fans at the bus stop. Then, we, the RBB, stepped in and stopped it. Those blokes have since been booted out of Parra Stadium. Don't lower yourself to their level and make assumptions we are all the same.
You don't see me on here complaining about the 'banter' I copped (even though I'm a skip I stilled got called a wog?) when I went to catch up with my mate. We also won't mention the coins being thrown at us!
Best part of that though, us scabs just picked those coins up and bought some beers!

gull

photo.JPG

This was similar to the view we had at the match. I was sure that it crossed the line until I saw the replay.

kevrenor

Leaving aside the fact that it's certainly in questionable taste and picking on someone for their nationality is really not on, it's simply a dumb thing to sing. Koreans customarily eat dog, not Japanese. Japanese eat things like horse and whale, but not dog.

Perhaps Sinji Ono ate my Willy! (or not)

Joe

No need for apologies Benched im sure it was just rogue groups not truely part of the rbb, but thanks. Good to hear they're/you're policing dickheads hopefully we can rid ourselves of ours by the sounds of it. Lol at the coin comments, the jokes probably on them really. I bet they needed that money.

Troll

So i went up to Gosford with my cousin to see what the fuss about the Wanderers and the RBB was, and damn i thought Newcastle had racist people, i almost thought i was in Newcastle at one stage, i laughed it off though, the thing that made me laugh the most was hearing the word "Housos" being thrown at the WSW fans, maybe next time before you guys say that, just remember one town.......WOY WOY!

Mumbles

Have we reached the point where we realize we're exchanging insults at a mirror?

Working class people on the outskirts of Sydney.

Can't wait till we meet again.
Just remember, we let you win ;)

Gratis

funny thing is half the coast moved up from west syd in and over the last 25 year's, it's all just sibling rivalry.
there's
a healthy respect and general good will and the odd dickhead that is found in any large group anywhere in the world.

Benched

Well, actually, no.
ANZ is booked out that weekend and we know they won't allow it at Parra or BT. And f**k going to Allianz, however I guess we have no choice.

And FTR Mr Celery, has CCM ever received assistance from FFA (like most of the comp?)

dibo

FFA held a stake for some time, don't know if they still do (which would have been a cash for equity deal).

MrCelery

Well, actually, no.
ANZ is booked out that weekend and we know they won't allow it at Parra or BT. And f**k going to Allianz, however I guess we have no choice.

And FTR Mr Celery, has CCM ever received assistance from FFA (like most of the comp?)

Every club gets a handout from FFA. That's how the model works. But CCM has never been fully owned and operated by FFA.

Benched

Every club gets a handout from FFA. That's how the model works. But CCM has never been fully owned and operated by FFA.
Just taking the mickey mate. Unfortunately, we have to deal with the cards we're dealt. Tis a wee bit annoying though (mainly from the Mexicans and ironically ESFC) complaining that we are funded by FFA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred