• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v WSW - Round 23

style_cafe

This is shaping as the game of the season.
With our boys spanking the Victory & WSW hot on our heels only one point behind I can`t wait to take my seat at Bluetongue.
I`m tipping a 15,000+ crowd if it`s a fine day.WSW have a good travelling band of supporters who will be visiting Gosford for the first time so they`ll turn up in droves.
We need the coast to get behind our Mariners & make it a day to remember. I`m sure it will be an atmosphere like no other game we`ve played this season.

Wombat

This will be the game of the season. The Drive Byes really go for. It might be a decent game on the pitch as well.

Bring everyone you know to this one!! Are practice your singing in the shower.

COYY

tsd

Would be fantastic to keep a 3rd clean sheet against them ... Would be a great mental edge in the finals

MagpieMariner

This is significant - they haven't hit the back of our net yet. Also we are the last team to knock them off --- on their own dunghill! They are not going to get it easy on ours, even though we'll be a bit tired after Wednesday night.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Methinks with that amount of Drive Bys coming up..their active fan support is as good as gone, cause you know some dopey arse hat ( who is probably a blow in) will pull something stupid and attract the death blow from FFA....oh and I think we might just beat 'em on the park as well...gonna be a huge crowd, the team and the joint needs to be rocking so..THEY ALL GO QUIET OVER THERE

ALFan

WSW supporter here, not trolling just hoping for a great game in what is hopefully a GF Prelude, bit worried after the way your blokes tore Victory a new one in the closing stages.

@ieathands, all the away bays are already sold out and I'm bringing the missus and kids up (yea I know we are from Western Sydney but the missus IS over 16 and the kids are mine - well I think they are!!!) and was wondering if someone could help me out. Would like to sit on the same side as the RBB (away fans) but when I go online get Gen Admin tickets there's no numbers or anything on them, so does that mean I can sit anywhere down that sideline in Bays 22-29 in first in first dressed sort of thing. Also if the weather turns to shit are the Gold seats in Bays 3-9 undercover. Any advice on where to park and grab a feed appreciated too. Hope its a cracker, I've been wanting to get up to this stadium for a long time and sauce bottles aside, it looks like its got a pretty good view.

ALFan

Methinks with that amount of Drive Bys coming up..their active fan support is as good as gone, cause you know some dopey arse hat ( who is probably a blow in) will pull something stupid and attract the death blow from FFA....oh and I think we might just beat 'em on the park as well...gonna be a huge crowd, the team and the joint needs to be rocking so..THEY ALL GO QUIET OVER THERE

From what Im hearing you better get your tix now if your not CCM members cos they are coming up in droves. All 3 away supporters bays sold out and another 1000 supporters leaving from Parra in the gold section and still a week to go. Best think about WSW supporters is you can have 3 generations (kid, parents, grandparents) all under the age of 30 so they are all young enough and dont mind travelling. Nothing like giving the hotted up XR7's and the Impreza's a bit of a coastal run, you'll be able to hear them before you seem them thats for sure, as for being quiet...lol... if you havent heard the RBB in action then get to the ground, you guys might win on the park, but off the park - no chance. Hope its a cracker atmosphere.

promdi442

This is shaping as the game of the season.
With our boys spanking the Victory & WSW hot on our heels only one point behind I can`t wait to take my seat at Bluetongue.
I`m tipping a 15,000+ crowd if it`s a fine day.WSW have a good travelling band of supporters who will be visiting Gosford for the first time so they`ll turn up in droves.
We need the coast to get behind our Mariners & make it a day to remember. I`m sure it will be an atmosphere like no other game we`ve played this season.

How many buses will State Rail put on to accommodate the visitors. I was at Gosford station last night and the security guy there told me that there is line maintenance from Newcastle to Sydney next weekend and buses will be used instead of trains. I think that sounds like a lot of buses will be coming up the F3 in lieu of the trains given the guesses of the numbers of travelling fans from the Wanderers

FFC Mariner

Weather notwithstanding, this will probably be the best atmosphere at BT since "that" scum game.

Will certainly open a few people's eyes about atmosphere and active support.

Expecting the dickhead factor to be immense from WSW and I hope Gosfords finest are ready.

Fishsdad

We used to have a reputation for being the most consistent of teams, but no longer. Since NYE we have mixed great performances (last night; vs Wellington; Adelaide; and a good performance against WSW) with sub-standard performances (Hobart, esp the first half; Jets; Brisbane; Perth).

Playing great football every other week won't do it. We need to be able to string good performances together, and this is a concern in the upcoming week with the ACL game and WSW.

We have two things in our favour though. Even when we play badly we are still competitive, and we have depth. Bring on the coming week.

yellowcake

Will nobody help him? He is an 'A-League fan' (and I found most were fairly decent when we went down to Parramatta in Rd 1)
WSW supporter here, not trolling just hoping for a great game in what is hopefully a GF Prelude, bit worried after the way your blokes tore Victory a new one in the closing stages.

@ieathands, all the away bays are already sold out and I'm bringing the missus and kids up (yea I know we are from Western Sydney but the missus IS over 16 and the kids are mine - well I think they are!!!) and was wondering if someone could help me out. Would like to sit on the same side as the RBB (away fans) but when I go online get Gen Admin tickets there's no numbers or anything on them, so does that mean I can sit anywhere down that sideline in Bays 22-29 in first in first dressed sort of thing. That's generally correct but I think due to the early sell-out of Away Bays they're selling reserved seats in the adjoining bays - a dummy Ticketek booking just offered me 4 (family) in Row B of Bay 28 for an 'Away Supporters' request. Also if the weather turns to shit are the Gold seats in Bays 3-9 undercover. No, only the furthest rows back of those bays are undercover. Usually the upper stands are undercover, windspray to the first 2 rows maybe - not last night, soaking for the first 6 :( Any advice on where to park closest multi is the (free) commuter carpark at Gosford Station, 2 entrances off Showground Rd. Just don't expect to get out too quickly, this'll be a big night. Street parking not too far walk away (say < 500m) if you're early and grab a feed appreciated too as you're driving, all the usual fast food suspects in West Gosford on your way in, our better cafes, etc. tend to be at the beaches. Hope its a cracker, I've been wanting to get up to this stadium for a long time and sauce bottles aside, it looks like its got a pretty good view. I'd happily sit there for the view even without a game;) hope you enjoy it even if not the result :piralaugh:

style_cafe

@ieathands, all the away bays are already sold out and I'm bringing the missus and kids up (yea I know we are from Western Sydney but the missus IS over 16 and the kids are mine - well I think they are!!!) and was wondering if someone could help me out. Would like to sit on the same side as the RBB (away fans) but when I go online get Gen Admin tickets there's no numbers or anything on them, so does that mean I can sit anywhere down that sideline in Bays 22-29 in first in first dressed sort of thing. Also if the weather turns to shit are the Gold seats in Bays 3-9 undercover. Any advice on where to park and grab a feed appreciated too. Hope its a cracker, I've been wanting to get up to this stadium for a long time and sauce bottles aside, it looks like its got a pretty good view.

Hi Alfan,we`re looking forward to seeing WSW up here on saturday albeit minus the dickhead element.
The away bays are on the eastern side of the ground.The is a large parking station on the Gosford side ,adjacent to the railway so parking should be easy (Costs around $5-)
As for food, there are fast food outlets ie. Maccas, KFC ,Burger King, trackside restuarant as you get to Gosford. There is also an all you can eat bistro inside the Central Coast Leagues Club.The food is quite good & it opens at around 5pm. If you have the missus & the tin lids with you a picnic on the waterfront is also great.
I`ve no doubt there will be a large police presence at the ground so if there are any flares there`ll be dealt with (straight legs are ok..lol). I`d also recommend that those driving up be careful of the hair dryers on the freeway,it can make it a very costly day at the football if they catch you.

Here`s hoping for sunshine, a great game & an atmosphere that will make this country sit up & take notice of what FOOTBALL is all about.

PS. We don`t sell kababs at the ground :popcorn:

ALFan

Thanks for the advice guys and seriously I also hope the WSW dickhead element doesn't come up the freeway as well, although its been no problem the last few games bar someone ripping a flare in Melbourne. I hate it mate, I'm a WSW member and fan but also an A League fan through and through, I don't want to see the fans/media send our game backwards. I do think though that the majority of these guys are there for the right reasons, I've been to most stadiums and the atmosphere at WSW is getting close to the best in the league, most are decent blokes as well, its just the odd idiot unfortunately thats undoing all the good work. Thanks for the help, smash the Koreans on Wednesday and cant wait to head up for the Grand Final prelude. Should be a cracker.

PS @style_cafe, its ok bro Ill bring my own kebab up and heat it up on the fully sick manifold of my WRX in the McDonalds car park, it will give me something to do while I'm waiting for my missus at the meth clinic and the kids to get there tattoos finished.:thumbup: hahaha Na will try the Leagues Club been wanting to head up and check it out.

bikinigirl

. well played ALFan ... i love a healthy serving of self-deprecation

. just bear in mind that the 'stuff till ya chuck' at the leagues club can be busy on game day ... and with a bigger than usual crowd expected i'd make sure you allow plenty of time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred