• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v WSW - Round 23

ballantyne

After the game I was most pessimistic. Today, I watched the highlights and realised we played strongly and were unlucky. McBreen's cross bar effort crossed the line I reckon.
WSW definitely have the easier run in to the Plate though. We can win the Plate but I think we have to win every game now, and we'll still be relying on the Jets at the end.
Milligan's two penalties this weekend - straight up the guts, but with finesse, ball rising and swinging. I agree we need one penalty taker who must practise, practise, practise.
Fortunately, Sydney are falling apart again.

Forum Phoenix

Good thread, ALfan glad you had a great trip, thanks for your quality posts and contribution to a great day.

Re yellow football team chant, beond, whether you know or not is irrelevant, you do. But really so what, that's two chants you did which were/are Mariners chants for the past 8 years, but no one will mention it, in fact they only talk about how awesome you guys were, because it doesn't matter. We all have the same intent, and we're all just borrowing, including the guys who originally made up the chants supporting other clubs, using other people tunes, who based those tunes on other peoples melodies and on and on it goes...

yellowcake

Good luck developing your active support...
Yeah, good on ya... your offer of "luck" is not going to change our population or demographics. We've got what we've got but we have developed immense pride in our club on and off the field.

Yep, the WSW/RBB display was impressive and to get to where it is in 6 months, incredible. Credit where it's due - but for all the "home game away talk" if you brought 6000, good but that was still only 1/3 of the crowd, albeit vocal.

You can earn the right to be patronising and tell us where we need to improve when you've got, say, 8 years (not months) history, 2 premierships, earned 3 grand-final appearances, 3 Asian Champions League spots, accumulated 300+ points and seen a procession of your young players discovered and developed to the point of pulling on a Socceroos shirt.

12th player

Football can be very cruel and Saturday's game v WSW was a clear example. WSW were second best for 90 mins. Mariners were dominant, specially in the 2nd half.Had 85% possesion, created and missed so many chances including a penalty ( GA, lets take penalties more serious. PLEASE!! ).If the penalty had gone in, the game would have finished 3 or 4 nil.
I won't pick a mom as I believe the whole team deserves full credit.They all did everything possible to win the game but lady luck was on the wanderer's side.

bikinigirl

There's two chant's we have 'ole' on, one after 1-2-3 west, and the other one when we jump around (don't think we did this last night). If you think you heard it, well... meh.

. ohhh ... that's what was being said ???

. it was your worst coordinated chant of the night and everyone around me was asking 'why are they chanting for the jest?' ... but now i realise you couldn't have been because you don't copy chants :piralaugh:

promdi442

Agree

Dutchy 1pt....would have been 2pts if we hadnt conceeded.

Would have been 3 POINTS to Dutchy and the Mariners if the free kick had found the back of the net. Is it just me or is Dutchy not going forward as much as he used to in open play? He shouldnt worry he has both Hutch and Monty who would seamlessly drop back and cover as he surged forward.

adz

Staff member
I think yellowcake nailed it there, credit where it's due, the RBB was awesome on the night and pretty much what we were all expecting... big turnout, lots of noise - I thought the stadium was going to fall down when they did "who do we sing for". The fans were great too, I spoke to a few at the pub after the game and they were friendly, although you never know how they would have been if we did them over like Melbourne.

A bit of humility wouldn't go astray, though, and we can do without the bragging about how good they were and how bad we were - we actually had our biggest numbers for a long time to this one - and lectures on how to organise a supporter group from a startup. There are other issues in play on the coast.

It's also pretty laughable to read "don't copy our chants" and claims that all their chants (apart from the loudest one; "who do we sing for") are original to the A-League.

Case in point...

We all follow a Yellow Football Team,
A Yellow Football Team,
A Yellow Football Team...

MrCelery

The person with the banner would probably said "Japanese, Korean they all look alike", racial stereotyping.

Couple of guys got told by CCMfans to 'Go back to where you came from', 'f'en wogs'... hmmm... whoever said it do they even know anything about the game at all.

Bloody hope this crap is stop (ALeague in general) and don't take hold, if they get away with it, what's next? Monkey chants?

I'm sure this is a minority.

Don't be such a precious numpty.

Every time you call yourself 'Western Sydney' or 'Westies' you are being racist as racism applies to geographical groupings as well as ethnicity.

As for chants. If you think you've got some sort of copyright on them just because you sing them, you're delusional and have an over-inflated opinion of your group. Just accept it as a compliment if a good chant gets picked up by other clubs. I'd be very, very surprised if any were original though.

bradley

After the game I was most pessimistic. Today, I watched the highlights and realised we played strongly and were unlucky. McBreen's cross bar effort crossed the line I reckon.
WSW definitely have the easier run in to the Plate though. We can win the Plate but I think we have to win every game now, and we'll still be relying on the Jets at the end.
Milligan's two penalties this weekend - straight up the guts, but with finesse, ball rising and swinging. I agree we need one penalty taker who must practise, practise, practise.
Fortunately, Sydney are falling apart again.

Even with my bright yellow mariners glasses I still felt the ball didnt cross the line, fair play to the Assistant Referee in that case.

nebakke

Bloody disappointed with the result I have to say, once again, we should have had this one stitched up easily. I somehow ended up in Bay43 - from there Macca's attempt didn't cross the line entirely... Sadly :(

Aaaanywho, thought I'd just bring up that, it's been almost a pleasure to participate in online discussions on this match. Overall fans from both sides have been courteous and complimentary. I've seen very few WSW supporters trying to rub it in and, as usual, very few CCM fans complaining about perceived slights, hacking etc... It's actually been rather nice to be able to discuss the game without anyone getting too defensive. So credit to both fan-groups there.

Still cannot believe that we can't get that bl**dy ball in the goal... I swear, Arnie needs to talk to the travelling tivoli people and borrow one of those "hit-the-hole-in-the-goal-competition" plates and have the boys run around kicking at it for the next week or two.
Not that it's likely to make much difference... I don't see WSW lose for the rest of the season.

beond

Yeah, good on ya... your offer of "luck" is not going to change our population or demographics. We've got what we've got but we have developed immense pride in our club on and off the field.

Yep, the WSW/RBB display was impressive and to get to where it is in 6 months, incredible. Credit where it's due - but for all the "home game away talk" if you brought 6000, good but that was still only 1/3 of the crowd, albeit vocal.

You can earn the right to be patronising and tell us where we need to improve when you've got, say, 8 years (not months) history, 2 premierships, earned 3 grand-final appearances, 3 Asian Champions League spots, accumulated 300+ points and seen a procession of your young players discovered and developed to the point of pulling on a Socceroos shirt.

Wow... match over and was trying to be nice.

Bradman

- well come and join us in bay 16/15/17 and get involved. No point moaning about it if you're not getting involved. One thing that has always irked me is people saying "our active support isn't loud enough blah blah blah" yet they don't want to come and be part of it?

I implore every single person to get involved with active support this weekend. There is no bigger game than this one (so far this season) and this is exactly what football is about.

As for the tifo, yes, we do have something organised.

Proprietor,

Thanks for the invite, but as I've been in the bay from day 1 I've seen the ups and downs.
The Bay MUST get back to the glory days of seasons past.

Bradman

My cousin was with the RBB on the night and mentioned that they were breaking the chairs and throwing them.
Anyone else hear or see this ?

Benched

I think yellowcake nailed it there, credit where it's due, the RBB was awesome on the night and pretty much what we were all expecting... big turnout, lots of noise - I thought the stadium was going to fall down when they did "who do we sing for". The fans were great too, I spoke to a few at the pub after the game and they were friendly, although you never know how they would have been if we did them over like Melbourne.

A bit of humility wouldn't go astray, though, and we can do without the bragging about how good they were and how bad we were - we actually had our biggest numbers for a long time to this one - and lectures on how to organise a supporter group from a startup. There are other issues in play on the coast.

It's also pretty laughable to read "don't copy our chants" and claims that all their chants (apart from the loudest one; "who do we sing for") are original to the A-League.

Case in point...

We all follow a Yellow Football Team,
A Yellow Football Team,
A Yellow Football Team...
Just registered so I could respond to this particular point. It is completely coincedental that the chant 'resembles' yellow submarine. To be honest, I've never noticed that before. I can guarantee you when we first sung the chant, it wasn't mentioned...."oh, it's to the tune of Yellow Submarine". The chant developed organically. Similar, maybe, a rip off, definitely not.

Further, regarding the Ono banner. It was made, and it's now in our possession. We were quite incredulous that everyone of our banners were checked by security for offensive material, however this one got in.

Other than that, it was a fantastic night (bar the weather) and I also would like to give credit to the Yellow Army (or Marinators). Your pogo looked fantastic. During the 2nd half, I went to catch up with a mate of mine (CCM fan) and stood in the North western corner. I could clearly hear the CCM chants.
Also, credit to the entire CCM fan base, you were out in force.

Here's a photo of our march up Donnison street. I think the coppers stitched us up on that one with the hill! Fairplay to them.

525422_340442306057527_741228949_n.jpg

priorpeter

Just registered so I could respond to this particular point. It is completely coincedental that the chant 'resembles' yellow submarine. To be honest, I've never noticed that before. I can guarantee you when we first sung the chant, it wasn't mentioned...."oh, it's to the tune of Yellow Submarine". The chant developed organically. Similar, maybe, a rip off, definitely not.

Further, regarding the Ono banner. It was made, and it's now in our possession. We were quite incredulous that everyone of our banners were checked by security for offensive material, however this one got in.

Other than that, it was a fantastic night (bar the weather) and I also would like to give credit to the Yellow Army (or Marinators). Your pogo looked fantastic. During the 2nd half, I went to catch up with a mate of mine (CCM fan) and stood in the North western corner. I could clearly hear the CCM chants.
Also, credit to the entire CCM fan base, you were out in force.

Here's a photo of our march up Donnison street. I think the coppers stitched us up on that one with the hill! Fairplay to them.

525422_340442306057527_741228949_n.jpg

Thanks pal. Your lot were, for the most part, really well behaved and it was good to have you at BTS. Hopefully your presence there gets the people of The Coast to pull their fingers out and make a difference in terms of active support.

That shirt is stupidly heavy and is still out getting some sun in the backyard, drying. Good to hear that you could hear us, was a solid effort from everyone involved.

Spoke to a mate (copper who I bumped into before the game) before you guys set off for your march, he mentioned they were making you go up Donnison St as opposed to along the highway. I did chuckle - that hill's a bitch haha. They couldn't close the road for you to do it on the HWY though. Props to your lot mate, that is such an epic photo.

priorpeter

Proprietor,

Thanks for the invite, but as I've been in the bay from day 1 I've seen the ups and downs.
The Bay MUST get back to the glory days of seasons past.

Sorry pal, didn't realise you were involved as am unsure who you are based on damn forum names haha. Do love your avatar though; even if Football's being a dick to me, I'll still know that beer will always love me.

Pokes

Oh yeah, sorry about that hill ;-) If it helps, once I found a $50 note on the walk up there going to the pub....so sometimes you're rewarded for the effort!

Fantastic turn out by both sets of fans!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred