• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Victory

shipwreck

If I was Staj at half time I'd be telling Olli, next time there is a free kick, I want you to roll it to yourself and then kick it while it is moving.

We need to start making examples of these errors

finally retired

I know Ollie mentioned the free kick before their goal some of our players thought the decision was was going the other way for the offside. This is the reason Clisby was so out of position. That's on us. Credit to Brimmer as well for seizing the opportunity. However, the ball was still moving when he took the free kick. He pushed the ball to the right and then took the free kick while it was still moving.

Staj was complaining about the signaling of the ref to the 4th. He then asked was the VAR checked for the the ball moving after we had all yelled out about it. The 4th said it was checked. I watched the replay last night and it was definitely still moving.
Ams was the VAR..... enough said....:mad:

capauau

I just watched a replay of the goal conceded. Clisby thought we won the free kick and jogged up the field leaving McManaman on his lonesome.
Yes the ref put his arm straight up and the linesman flagged for offside. Half the team moved into attacking positions

Wombat

People in the front half of Bay 16 should breathe a sigh of relief that it was not a goal frenzy for CCM - @marinermick and I were ready to launch a rather lot of $$ worth of beer into the atmosphere, providing "beer showers" for the bay, but unfortunately that did not happen.

Next time Mick, next time.

The old beer showers in Bay 16.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yes the ref put his arm straight up and the linesman flagged for offside. Half the team moved into attacking positions
yeah, AR did the right thing, but ref needs to be clear on what he's signalling there.

I've had a couple of times in the middle when I signalled the wrong way and corrected it (okay, let's be honest, more than a few times). If I can see that affected players and positioning, then I'm not allowing a quick restart there. And that's the fair approach, no matter how much players blow up about it.

Tevor

yeah, AR did the right thing, but ref needs to be clear on what he's signalling there.

I've had a couple of times in the middle when I signalled the wrong way and corrected it (okay, let's be honest, more than a few times). If I can see that affected players and positioning, then I'm not allowing a quick restart there. And that's the fair approach, no matter how much players blow up about it.
Spot on Capn, however not many A League Ref’s are man enough to admit they may have been confusing the players with their poor direction. Ref did give them the better calls no doubt but our finishing was the problem. It was funny as the commentators referred to two free kicks against us in attacking positions as the Mitch Duke decision. Duke got away with a decent bump but we were pulled up twice. It’s that inconsistency that is driving everybody nuts.

Forum Phoenix

You can see on the replay - he saw Faghani initially signal for the offside, then put his head down and ran upfield, so missed him changing the signal after having a mini orgasm on his whistle.
Right. Well that explains it, And that sucks.

Isn’t that a clear and obvious error that affects a goal being scored?

that aside, Clisby should keep his wits about him and be paying attention. But that goes for the whole side. I didn’t see anyone shouting to him to get back and mark his man. I bloody was. But I never saw the confused offside signal given,

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Isn’t that a clear and obvious error that affects a goal being scored?

that aside, Clisby should keep his wits about him and be paying attention. But that goes for the whole side. I didn’t see anyone shouting to him to get back and mark his nan. I bloody was. But I never saw the confused offside signal given,
He made the right decision just butchered the signal, and corrected it a moment later....wouldn't fall under that I don't think. The ball rolling should have, though. But you can't expect an honest job from Ams anymore.

We're certainly never going to get it. He'll probably f**k us at every opportunity out of spite now.

midfielder

Am I the only one who thinks Matty was taken out and a pen should have been awarded and a yellow card to Storm...

Watch from 1:50.... Matty is falling but will catch a slow moving ball if not interfered with...

Storm come in and totally missed the ball and crashes into Matty...

That stopped any change that Matty had of getting to a relatively slow moving ball... an a tap in...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami