• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v Victory

Ads

I’d almost rather the Adelaide game over that shit.

We need to be more tactically adjustable.
We are used to absorbing and playing counter attacking football but when other teams start to let us have possession we become very stale and extremely predictable other than the odd DDS flick on or step over.

Even when we were dominating at the end our best chances are when Victory snatched the ball and countered on us and then we charged back with more fluid play.

When we are in a stale mate like that, dominating possession with a team trying to play out the game might be better with raw players like Hatch, Smylie & Kuol with the unhindered non respecting attacking flare.

Ozhammer

I’m not angry, just disappointed.....:doh:

The boys really need to rediscover the benefits of playing attacking positive football, if they are to remain in contention for the finals.

I lost count of the number of times players failed to use the space in front of them or turned back and/or played laterally. Our ball speed is painfully slow at times and that is vastly different to how we played earlier in the season.

Our effective movement off the ball still leaves much to be desired and most play (except the many passes across our back line) appears clunky or disjointed. Apparently the boys trained really well in the lead up to this game but you wouldn’t have guessed from what was served up on the park.

Adelaide will be a much sterner test, so I am with Recky that perhaps it’s time to shuffle the deck a little and I don’t mean throwing the baby out with the bath water, just letting a few players know that their starting spot is not guaranteed.

Last edited:

Tevor

Just disappointed, had our chances and didn’t take them. Agree we seem to be in a rut and the run on team does not change much every game so if we are in a rut maybe a few changes will kick start us again. Nice finish by Urena.

Pirate Pete

Well, that was the drizzling shits wasnt It ?
mind you the refs absolute cluelessness about time didn’t help and fkn brebners coaching technique of lollygagging was annoying as all f**k, ruon had a few brain snaps tonight and Clisby was 87% half decent ...still can’t figure out nigro
ANYWAY
methinks v Snowtown we need Kuol and Marcos as starters with Janota and Nizzy starting as well ...OR whatever ...Staj will f**k it up somehow probably
drizzling shits

I don't think I've ever read a better match review from you.
10/10 Recky.

booney

Creativity from Urena and DDS but otherwise we were not very penetrative.However Bouman did do a clever turn to set up Urena's goal.
Victory also poor in attack apart from McManaman early on but he faded and Clisby and DDS controlled him.Their keeper,Acton,was brave and kept them in the game in the last 10 minutes.

Huddo

How the f**k did this shit happen,
f**k, I just got back from a 30th, resented not going to the game, thank God I didnt turn up. I'm seathing, FFS, pull your finger out staj, where's the f**king basics.
Why is kuol off till the 80th? It seems that the calls are well and truly off.

Last edited:

JackMariner

Melbourne Victory also know as the academy awards nominees with all the usual dirty tactics they deploy, I fukn hate those Victorian TURDS. They are as deplorable as Newcastle Jets (Old Hovel's biplanes)

Last edited:

Wombat

We had enough chances, not good enough. Cant blame Victory for playing how they did, Staj very late with the changes again. Victory with a makeshift back 4, games like this will come back to bite us in the ass more than the Adelaide game.

FFS it is Arse not f**king Ass. An Ass is a Donkey. Are you an Aussie or a Yank???? You probably say Zee instead of Z.

Onto the Football.... or do you want me to call it soccerball. (Rant over)....sorry i'm annoyed lol.

We were pretty shite again tonight. The press has gone, the movement off the ball has gone.

Staj had a shocker with his subs.

Pass marks for Tonyik, DDS, Nizzy and Bouman. Some great work ethic from some others but a lack of quality at times was annoying. Technically Jonota is our best player but he is a jogger not a sprinter and that is annoying but I feel he and Kuol should have been on MUCH earlier.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Maybe it's because I'm in a generally negative and despondent mood tonight anyway for other reasons, but this is feeling like the slide has started - the slide down the ladder we were hoping wasn't going to come.
I'm not feeling confident we'll return to what we had at the start of the season.

MCY and AU have won 5/5 the last games. The teams putting in their championship and premiership bids are hitting stride now.

We're falling apart right now. Going to be very, very easy to slip to the bottom of the 6.

Wombat

Maybe it's because I'm in a generally negative and despondent mood tonight anyway for other reasons, but this is feeling like the slide has started - the slide down the ladder we were hoping wasn't going to come.
I'm not feeling confident we'll return to what we had at the start of the season.

MCY and AU have won 5/5 the last games. The teams putting in their championship and premiership bids are hitting stride now.

We're falling apart right now. Going to be very, very easy to slip to the bottom of the 6.

TBH.....Bozanic was imperious in the early season games. The last 3 games he has been OK but off the pace and we have been gash. It is clear if Bozza plays average we will be average.

true believer

did staj have a stroke or something . stens clearly isn't fit .
kuol needed to start .
boys looking at who were playing next week not you we are playing tonight ,me thinks

LFCMariners

On another night that would've been 3-1 CCM and the discussion here would be about the team's ability to get a win even with a slow start and Staj's questionable subs.

I'm confident of getting a result against Adelaide next week, so far this season CCM have a decent record of aiming up against good opposition.

turbo

On another night that would've been 3-1 CCM and the discussion here would be about the team's ability to get a win even with a slow start and Staj's questionable subs.

I'm confident of getting a result against Adelaide next week, so far this season CCM have a decent record of aiming up against good opposition.
At 3-1 we would still be asking questions. These guys have been getting smashed, to let them off with a draw or close loss is not ok and shows how we are (or aren’t) performing

how we address this is going to define our season and Stan’s mettle.

Agree with those saying Staj messed up the subs, Kuol needs to score 5 and assist 3 to start I think. Janota looked good but left him too late, then he brings Ollie off when you need some creativity!
Thought the ref was actually good too about time a goalie got booked for holding the ball too long

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred