• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Sydney / Pre season round 2

fedelta

redman said:
The one thintg that would of mad that game more complete is if alosi the trader was there to suffer on the pitch and if he had taken the penalty

but from wat i saw sydney r goin to choke

the passin game by macca was top class and ahmad attackin bursts were frigan good adrian looks like he can com into the strikers posi and get the job done which is a good change though the game

and bozzzaaa wat a game could go much better som good saves a penalty stop and the way he takes control on the defence is trully top class one i think of the first to do it so it could b a huge plus 4 us
carnt wait to c the season start with a full squad

gd post redman.

fedelta

Anyone else notice his knees?

00006886-Photo.jpg

Blair

taylor said:
redman said:
The one thintg that would of mad that game more complete is if alosi the trader was there to suffer on the pitch and if he had taken the penalty

the passin game by macca was top class and ahmad attackin bursts were frigan good adrian looks like he can com into the strikers posi and get the job done which is a good change though the game

and bozzzaaa wat a game could go much better som good saves a penalty stop and the way he takes control on the defence is trully top class one i think of the first to do it so it could b a huge plus 4 us

gd post redman.
thanks i do try im goin 4 a uni degree in news reporting in sport especially football so i got to no my stuff

fedelta

redman said:
taylor said:
redman said:

gd post redman.
thanks i do try im goin 4 a uni degree in news reporting in sport especially football so i got to no my stuff

kk kewl. does spelling matta in da coursez?

kepo

Perm said:
georgemladenov said:
offtheball said:
What was the signal the ref made after every free kick. Raised both hands in front of his face and joined fingers together.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I think it might have been a "wait for my whistle" signal or something.

P1040567.jpg
that ref was the biggest mcfadden look alike

pjennings

Apart from the great performance yesterday by Bosnich I found some other reasons to be quietly happy and excited about the coming season.

First our squad is stronger - our gains as a whole of Bosnich (hopefully), D'Apuzzo, Bojic, Caceres, Elrich and McAllister are stronger than out losses are  Kwas, Aloisi, Vidmar, Trott, Brown, McAndrew. This is in spite of the fact that I an unabashed Vidmar fan.

I was particularly impressed that Caceres was a 90 min player and the amount of defensive work he did for someone labelled as lazy at Melb.

It was also great to see Nik and Ossie back - I'm really looking forward to seeing them have big years.

Considering we started without Danny, Ossie, Jedi, Heff, Nik and Boogs all of which are legitimate first team players it was a very satisfying day and I can't see too many gaps in the team any more. 

:vhappy:

marinersman

Couldn't agree more with PJ.

As Bozza said, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but Sunday was a very, very impressive performance. I had my doubts before the weekend, but if we do that week in week out we look good for top two. All the new boys were great and a special mention must go to Porter, he was outstanding.

Suddenly all is well with the world. Maybe, just maybe, our recruiting isn't so bad after all.

By the way, Kossie can get f**ked, he is a very sore loser, year after year. I thought Sydney were abysmal and for him to say there is no way were a better team by three goals shows he is deluded. At best, way over optimistic. Time to take off the rose coloured glasses you f**ker.

And some of those two footed lunges were a disgrace, especially for a pre-season game. Funny how the dirty, disgusting play seems to come out every time they are behind. f**k I hate Sydney.

S

soccersensei

I agree MM, I'm a new man, my recruitment frustrations are all but vanished with the proven new depth in our back line and clear demonstration of the potential of our front line and not to mention the seriously quality and depth Caceres and Porter will bring to our mids.

:eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

marinersman

7,000 with only a couple of hundred Sydney supporters is a great crowd for pre-season.

Things are looking very good to increase our crowds on last season based on that.

serious14

Bulldogs and Dragons got that many last night - although to be honest I think it was one of those patented NRL typo's again, because any Blind Freddy with a televisual device could see that there was 3000 there, tops.

FFC Mariner

Apparently, the NRL clubs count everyone who enters the turnstiles (incl staff) and all of their members (whether they go or not).

Bex

rosko said:
The crowd looked pretty good on Foxtel... 7000 is great for pre-season

Yeh, especially when you consider there were some really dirty looking rain clouds heading towards Gosford for the hours leading up to the game. There was patchy, heavy rain around the coast and there was a bit of a chill in the air. If it had of been like Saturday's weather I reckon we might have broken 10,000.

Mariner Girl

A guy at work who is a St.George supporter was there last night and said there was absolutely no more than 3k at the game last night.

Got into traffic build-up around the Homebush area though,
everyone else was going to the netball. They hade over 12k
:piralaugh: 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred