• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Queensland / Pre Season Cup Round 3

swarey

Bosnich turns heads in cameo
3/08/2008 5:34:39 PM
Simon White in Brisbane
Sportal

Mark Bosnich has done his chances of a contract with A-League club Central Coast no harm with an impressive 30 minutes against Queensland.

The Mariners made it back-to-back Pre-Season Cup wins, scoring twice in the space of three first-half minutes en route to a 2-1 win over the Roar at Perry Park in Brisbane.

While the Roar were wasteful with a bulk of possession, neat finishing from Ahmed Elrich and Dylan McAllister gave the Mariners a 2-0 half-time advantage.

And despite the home team's best efforts and Michael Zullo's 51st minute strike, the visitors were able to keep their noses in front.

Comeback keeper Bosnich didn't make an appearance until the 64th minute but he made two vital contributions.

Bosnich first beat out a sweetly struck Charlie Miller shot as the Scottish midfielder raced in on the Central Coast goal, then snaffled a 'slips catch' from an otherwise goal-bound Matt McKay flick.

With Melbourne and Wellington having already qualified for the final, the match was effectively a dead rubber. But an entertaining match belied that fact, with the second half producing plenty of talking points.

Two minutes before Zullo pulled a goal back, Roar skipper Craig Moore was giving his marching orders for what referee Peter Green adjudged to be a studs-up challenge on the influential Andre Gumprecht.

Miller showed he would be one of the league's best recruits, with an energetic display notable for some deft touches and an impressive range of passing.

Earlier, the Roar dominated possession for the best part of the first half-hour, only to come up empty on the scoreboard.

With Danny Tiatto generating substantial drive down the left flank and Miller dictating proceedings in the middle of the park, the Roar had plenty of half-opportunities but weren't able to capitalise on time spent on the ball.

The danger of that predicament was emphasised in the 29th minute when Elrich ghosted in behind the defence to rifle home with his right foot.

The former Wellington and Fullham player had earlier headed wide from an Adrian Caceres cross when unmarked and in perfect position to score but he needed no second invitation with his second opportunity.

In less than three minutes it was 2-0 this time through the agency of McAllister. Sasha Petrovski broke free down the left side and when his attempted chip came back of the bar, McAallister was there to take advantage.

The Roar could easily have found itself three behind inside 40 minutes, as the increasingly prominent Petrvoski's deflected shot skimmed the bar and went behind for a corner.

Much to the relief of the home crowd, the Roar regained its composure as the first half wound down. Tiatto regained ascendancy down the left side and Miller very nearly had a goal when his well-struck shot was brilliantly parried by Danny Vukovic.

Miller had been teed up by a cute backheel from the promising Tim Smits.

Queensland Roar 1 (Zullo 51)
Central Coast Mariners 2 (Elrich 29, McAllister 32)
Crowd: 3241 at Perry Park, Brisbane

http://sportal.com.au/football-news-display/bosnich-turns-heads-in-cameo-53719

swarey

This from the Mariners site

Mariners sign off from Cup campaign in style
Sunday, 3 August 2008

Dylan Macallister
Dylan Macallister
Queensland Roar / Michael Warrington Queensland Roar

The Central Coast Mariners have warmed up for the new season in the best possible fashion by downing Hyundai A-League rivals the Queensland Roar 2-1 in their final 2008 Pre-Season Cup fixture at Brisbanes Perry Park this afternoon.

Ahmad Elrich and Dylan Macallisters first goals in a competitive fixture for the Mariners were enough to see the Mariners claim a rare win over the Roar just their third in fourteen official outings.

Michael Zullo responded in the second half for the home side, who were earlier reduced to ten men after captain Craig Moore was shown a straight red card for a harsh challenge on Mariners midfielder Andre Gumprecht.

The Mariners will now set their sights on the opening fixture of their Hyundai A-League Premiership defence Round 1 of the Hyundai A-League 2008/09 season against the Newcastle Jets at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Friday, 15 August. Kick off is at 8pm.

The Mariners will return to their Bluetongue Stadium home the following round, where they will host southern rivals Sydney FC on Saturday, 23 August. Kick off is at 7pm.

Tickets for this fixture will go on sale in the near future from all Ticketek outlets.

Mariners Memberships for the Hyundai A-League 2008/09 season are now on sale at www.ccmariners.com.au.

Match Details

Central Coast Mariners 20. Danny Vukovic (gk) (40. Mark Bosnich (gk) 64), 2. Andre Gumprecht, 5. Bradley Porter, 7. John Hutchinson, 10. Adrian Caceres, 11. Dylan Macallister (9. Nik Mrdja 64;), 16. Nigel Boogaard, 17. Matthew Osman, 18. Alex Wilkinson, 21. Ahmad Elrich (25. Brady Smith 45), 22. Sasho Petrovski

Yellow Cards Hutchinson 19, Boogaard 60
Red Cards None
Goals Elrich 28, Macallister 32

Queensland Roar 20. Griffin McMaster (gk), 4 CraIg Moore, 6. David Dodd, 9. Serginho Van Dijk, 10. Charlie Miller, 13. Chris Grossman, 14. Ben Griffin (3. Luke Devere 46), 15. Matt McKay, 16. Hyuk-Su Seo, 18. Danny Tiatto (7. Michael Zullo 46), 23. Tim Smits (8. Massimo Murdocca 46)

Unused Subs 1. Liam Reddy (gk)

Yellow Cards Van Dijk 19, Dodd 70
Red Cards Moore 48
Goals Zullo 50

Referee Peter Green thought it supposed to be SHIELD
Crowd 3,241

The Wellington Phoenixs 3-2 triumph over Sydney FC at Wollongongs WIN Stadium ensured that the result of todays clash would be ultimately insignificant, though the pace and ferocity exhibited by both sides from the opening whistle underlined the value of a positive result.

S

soccersensei

Alicia said:
Swarey said:
soccersensei said:
mariners4ever said:
so what about gumps???? does bear have to eat his shirt

Chomp diddly domp chomp time isn't it?  :popcorn:

Still no reply, but it's not looking good for Bear  :'(, perhaps we should get the sauce ready just in case, does he prefer tommy or BBQ ???

I have been advised the original comment was in relation to season proper

He's implementing a fine print "ESCAPE" clause apparently...

bikinigirl

soccersensei said:
Alicia said:
Swarey said:
soccersensei said:
mariners4ever said:
so what about gumps???? does bear have to eat his shirt

Chomp diddly domp chomp time isn't it?  :popcorn:

Still no reply, but it's not looking good for Bear  :'(, perhaps we should get the sauce ready just in case, does he prefer tommy or BBQ ???

I have been advised the original comment was in relation to season proper

He's implementing a fine print "ESCAPE" clause apparently...

. after the fact? definitely not mentioned before .... in fact i think he was getting a bit worried a couple of days ago

. the only 'out' would have been if it had happened in the 2009 part of the season

. and we all know how good it worked out for the mariners when they tried to change gumpy's contract conditions

Omni

Looks like Craig Moore was imposing the brilliant tactic of playing CCM with 10 men, didn't work this time!

Nice to see Elrich and McAllister on the scoresheet

swarey

Swarey said:
Another message

Elrich  off  Smith (Youth League??) on

yeh must've been brady smith, good talent
[/quote]

Will be one of the first signed to our Youth Squad!!

Bex

Nice try bear, but it won't wash :naughty:

Bearinator said:
As a person, you wont meet a nicer bloke around, but we wont win a game this year where Gumps starts and finishes the game on the park, and ill eat my shirt if we do

My vote is that this should be a public shirt eating so it can be verified.  :headbounce:

Bear

I will eat my shirt if we win a game where he starts and finishes on the pitch.....

In season proper

I didnt post my rules, but some others on here know what my rules were

Arabmariner

Bex said:
Nice try bear, but it won't wash :naughty:

Bearinator said:
As a person, you wont meet a nicer bloke around, but we wont win a game this year where Gumps starts and finishes the game on the park, and ill eat my shirt if we do

My vote is that this should be a public shirt eating so it can be verified.  :headbounce:
In a pub so we can have a beer while the entertainment is happening! :headbounce:

Alicia

Sorry guys, I got a little carried away.... those that were in chat at the time know what i'm talking about.

Bear did say to me in conversation that he was talking about was season proper.

Sorry to Bex and others who were quite looking forward to it.

Kind of glad though, don't want to see him eat his shirt............. yet ;)

Bex

Bearinator said:
I will eat my shirt if we win a game where he starts and finishes on the pitch.....

In season proper

I didnt post my rules, but some others on here know what my rules were

Thats funny, I can't see any "in season proper" anywhere in the actual post where you made that rash statement. You better get to work bribing a few of these so called "others" pretty quick.

;D :piralaugh: :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred