• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Queensland / Pre Season Cup Round 3

RADINHO

The Mariners 2008 Pre-Season Cup campaign continues at Brisbanes Perry Park against the Queensland Roar next Sunday, 3 August. Kick off is at 3pm and that is all i know so can you all give your opinion of the game thats coming up i reckon we will beat Queensland as they Get Beaten 2-0 by the team we beat 3-0 and the football i saw from the mariners i think Craig Foster would of been happy coz i was as Caceras and Elrich on the wings brings a midfield with a lot of flair and creativity.

Your thoughts...

Mariner Girl

Not for a pre-season match. Plenty of opportunities during the HAL = we have the ACL to look forward to (trips away)  :piralaugh:

marinersman

I have fond memories of Perry Park. I used to live within walking distance and watched Brisbane United and the Strikers there before they went to Lang Park.

It's a beautiful little ground, very intimate with a great atmosphere. I wish I wish I could be there on the weekend.

FFC Mariner

Sort of hope we dont make the PSC final TBH. The final is a few days before we take on the scum at EAS and I reckon a weeks break before the game will be better for us.

Bex

I do too, but I would hate to see us miss the PSC final and then also lose against the scum at EAS. Winning can be a habit so got to be careful what we wish for.

I guess I'm more keen to see us come out of the PSC with no injuries and if we win it, great, if we don't, no big deal as long as we're playing well and continuing to improve. Then, I'll be happy going to EAS. I certainly wouldn't be happy going to EAS after a big loss where we played shite in the PSC.

Deej

Greenpoleffc said:
Sort of hope we dont make the PSC final TBH. The final is a few days before we take on the scum at EAS and I reckon a weeks break before the game will be better for us.

Final is Wednesday 6th August, we play scum on 15th.............but I'm not fussed on a final appearance thou tbh, winning the pre-season cup means nothing except for some momentum heading into the season.

Honkee

Honestly, Who cares what Craig Foster thinks anyway?

The Mariners could beat Brazil 5-0 and Foz would still
criticize the way they play.

The bloke has some sort of chip on his shoulder, and I dont believe anything
the mariners do will garner a positive world from the douche.

P.s Elrich looked 110% better on the weekend then he did playing the lightning.
    And notice how none of the ball "persons" didnt have to go swimming in 
    Brisbane waters to get the ball from a certain strikers bombed shot?

Blackadder

Honkee said:

Give him time to warm up.
First the Palm Trees,then the Roadway,Then Brisbane Waters ;)

Bex

Honkee said:

A shot like that wouldn't be a proper shot. It would be a quasi-shot.

Or, using alternative spelling, a kwassie shot.

Bex

Must have been a deflection or come off the side of his boot.

Nah, just joking; I actually like Kwassie and was sad to see him go. I just loved the fact that the guy was so unpredictable and awkward looking and yet kept scoring goals when others couldn't.

Bex

Anyway, this isn't a Kwassie thread, its about the PSC rd 3 against Qld. Go the mariners!!!!

mariners4ever

it says on the foxsports website that bozza will be on the bench and danny will start.but bozza will still get some game time

Honkee

Bex said:
Must have been a deflection or come off the side of his boot.

Nah, just joking; I actually like Kwassie and was sad to see him go. I just loved the fact that the guy was so unpredictable and awkward looking and yet kept scoring goals when others couldn't.

Ok, Credit where credits due. He did pull that goal from nowhere when we needed it during the return leg of the quarter final against the scum last season.

Sorry, no more off topic posts.. I promise :-X

clarence

Bex said:
Anyway, this isn't a Kwassie thread, its about the PSC rd 3 against Qld. Go the mariners!!!!

The forum ain't been the same without the "forfaaarkssakeKwassi!" comments occasionally popping up. Maybe we could get someone from YellowFever to link up some quotes over this season, for old time's sake? ;) :thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred