• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V MV Rd 9 - NSO match

Gratis

this is true, we're 6th at the moment but BR & WSW are a game in hand below us on the table and either could jump us with a win. points are becoming a must

MagpieMariner

this is true, we're 6th at the moment but BR & WSW are a game in hand below us on the table and either could jump us with a win. points are becoming a must
I don't really care what happens, so longs as we stay in front of the guys up the road. :p

Gratis

Central Coast boss Phil Moss is hopeful Matt Simon will be fit to spearhead his goal-shy attack for Friday's clash with the unbeaten Melbourne Victory at North Sydney Oval.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...6/simon-in-line-for-mariners-a-league-return/

Simon was expected to make his first A-League appearance of the season at Newcastle on Sunday after being sidelined with a strained quad muscle.
But Moss decided against bringing back the experienced striker after he suffered a reaction in training on Saturda
The 28-year-old missed the start of the campaign due to family issues but made a goalscoring return when he came off the bench to score in the FFA Cup semi-final loss to Adelaide only to pick up the injury late in the game.
The Mariners are the lowest scorers in the league with just five goals and have badly missed Simon.
However, Moss said it was the right call to leave the former Socceroo out on Sunday.
"I wanted to have him back because he's such a good player," Moss told AAP.
"But after training on Saturday, he just didn't seem right. It wouldn't have been fair to Matty or the team to play him when he wasn't 100 per cent.
"Also, I would rather leave him out for one more game than rush him back and then risk losing him for four or five more games.
"Sometimes, you just have to look at the bigger picture."
It's been a season of struggle so far for the Mariners, who haven't won since round one.
But the emergence of young winger Mickey Neill has been a highlight.
What Neill lacks in physique he makes up for in speed and awareness as demonstrated by his good run and cross to set up the equaliser for Richard Vernes against the Jets.
"He continues to develop; he's a great kid with a great attitude," Moss said.
"He's calm on the ball and aggressive with what he does without it."
Vernes' goal was his first for the club, Moss opting to give him a first start with Nick Montgomery missing out through suspension.
The 22-year-old Hungarian, whose three appearances have all been off the bench, came to the club with a decent reputation and Moss believes he will prove to be a good acquisition.
"We took our time with him," he said.
"Richard came here and didn't realise how quick the league was.
"He had a couple of issues in pre-season with a virus and a niggling injury.
"We just wanted to get him right and unleash him when he was ready."

localpom

Is there a game of football on? :) I'll be there. I absolutely disagree with moving any more than 1 or 2 games to NSO and Brooky but this game was scheduled before the season and i knew about it and accepted the fact. For that reason i'll be there to hopefully see us return to form, Matty to be back and score the winner. If MC decides to move 5 games there next season then i won't be as supportive.

midfielder

If MC decides to move 5 games there next season then i won't be as supportive.

If he does move 4 or 5 games next season then my membership is gone and I will attend maybe the Saturday night matches against WSW & SFC... if they are on the Coast...

Our group is five, and we all feel the same way ... wonders how many others feel the same...

Gratis

Seems MV aren't pleased about playing at north syd either

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/all-go-for-aleague-at-north-sydney-20141201-3lm09.html

"Melbourne Victory are resigned to playing Friday night's A-League clash with Central Coast at North Sydney Oval despite major concerns over the playing surface.

Both coach Kevin Muscat and captain Mark Milligan have banged the drums of war over another lacklustre pitch in the lead-up to the match.

Muscat says it's "unsafe" and has called for it to be moved.

Milligan recalled the club's Adelaide Oval experience, which led to "a lot of injuries after it".

But Football Federation Australia is adamant the pitch is suitable for A-League matches and will go ahead.

It's understood ground staff have been fully briefed on the poor Adelaide Oval surface, where grass was cut too short and over-watered, in the hope of avoiding another poor spectacle.

North Sydney Oval has most recently been used for cricket matches, requiring a firm centre for pitches.

Muscat was as hard with his view as the cricket pitch in question when asked about it after beating Adelaide this weekend.

"My view is it shouldn't be played there ... there's a reason that the sports teams that are playing on it currently wear cricket spikes," he said.

"It's unsafe in my opinion."

The Mariners are playing at the well-loved suburban ground as part of a push to grow their fan base.

Central Coast chairman and owner Mike Charlesworth told Fairfax Media that expansion into northern Sydney was "vital to expand our geographic presence".

"A catchment area of 100,000 people in Gosford and 300,000 on the Central Coast is not sustainable," he said.

The Mariners also have a match against Adelaide scheduled early next year at Brookvale Oval, home of NRL club Manly.

Victory have played on two questionable A-League surfaces this season; round two in Adelaide and Hunter Stadium in the immediate aftermath of its relaying.

Both matches ended in draws, with Muscat tying the club's underperformance and an injury to Jason Geria to the pitches."

shipwreck

Blue tongue stadium singing to Charlesworth and his new yes men:

Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One:

VicMariner

Just on the game;

My first thought was "better lube up", but Victory have drawn every away game this season (including a Jets game) and got bundled out of the cup, they're not invincible.
They do score a lot of goals though. I'd happily take a draw on this one but a win is not impossible.

VicMariner

And your replacement owner is who exactly? Jeez some fans have a death wish for the club.

:popcorn:
MC is killing us already, a couple more years in the direction we're heading, up to 5 games in NS and who can say his aim isn't 50/50 CC and NS?

Whereas the HAL is going gang busters, record attendance, memberships about to hit 110,000 etc.
If the FFA took us over and put in some decent administration we could be averaging well over 10k per game, plus our fantastic record of success we could be an attractive buy not too far down the track.

nearlyyellow

MC is killing us already, a couple more years in the direction we're heading, up to 5 games in NS and who can say his aim isn't 50/50 CC and NS?

Whereas the HAL is going gang busters, record attendance, memberships about to hit 110,000 etc.
If the FFA took us over and put in some decent administration we could be averaging well over 10k per game, plus our fantastic record of success we could be an attractive buy not too far down the track.
Never going to happen imho. FFA won't act unless there is the threat of bankruptcy to the current owner, bills not being paid, huge financial malaise, the club infrastructure basically non-functional, in other words a "Tinkleresque" scenario. We aren't at that point, yet. And when MC announces his "5 home games played away" plan we will just have to wait and see what FFA's reactions are. Mind you, the undercurrents suggest that SFC isn't too happy about MC's plans either. And they are bound to pressure FFA to stop MC's plans.

VicMariner

Never going to happen imho. FFA won't act unless there is the threat of bankruptcy to the current owner, bills not being paid, huge financial malaise, the club infrastructure basically non-functional, in other words a "Tinkleresque" scenario. We aren't at that point, yet. And when MC announces his "5 home games played away" plan we will just have to wait and see what FFA's reactions are. Mind you, the undercurrents suggest that SFC isn't too happy about MC's plans either. And they are bound to pressure FFA to stop MC's plans.
Yeah, I think it is unlikely too. The FFA are planning the next stage of expansion and the last thing they want to do is spend their money propping up an existing club.
But..if MC walked I can't imagine they would let us fold.

dibo

Expansion is exactly why we won't be allowed to fold. Or move. If you want to see expansion, the last thing you want to see is the governing body giving up on an established market.

Atomic

The best thing for us is to have SFC arc up about this move into Northern Sydney. Infact, I'm surprise that Lowey has remained silent this long. We are, after all, moving in on their territory.

C'mon smurfs, fire the f**k up :fireup:

gull

This game doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. It will go to the same place as that Brisbane game that some people talk about...

Wombat

The best thing for us is to have SFC arc up about this move into Northern Sydney. Infact, I'm surprise that Lowey has remained silent this long. We are, after all, moving in on their territory.

C'mon smurfs, fire the f**k up :fireup:

Yes....the FFA have been Sydney's puppets since season one. Time to move your fingers Lowy and get the bastards moving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred