• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V MV Rd 9 - NSO match

dibo

Apparently every club in NSFA has been handed a bunch of free tickets. I wonder how much money you make from those?

rbakersmith

Over recent years, we've always had a few crowds that are shit. We've also had crowds that are not shit, and we average out at a decent number. No single shit crowd is the sign of impending doom - f**king around with what our club *is*, on the other hand...

Our lowest crowd last year was the Friday night game in Gosford against Melbourne Victory, and our second lowest was the Friday night game in Gosford against the Phoenix (the Thursday night game against them at NSO had a bigger crowd).

With Friday night FTA games we're never going to get huge crowds. We're almost always going to do better on Saturday nights.

sydmariner

Our lowest crowd last year was the Friday night game in Gosford against Melbourne Victory, and our second lowest was the Friday night game in Gosford against the Phoenix (the Thursday night game against them at NSO had a bigger crowd).

With Friday night FTA games we're never going to get huge crowds. We're almost always going to do better on Saturday nights.
If I remember correctly when the victory game was played it was pouring down with rain & there were storms all that week

dibo

...and?

As I said, we have big crowds, we have small crowds, but we average out OK in the end.

nearlyyellow

So we're lucky we only have 1 Friday night game? Urk! It's on Friday 13th. Feb. :eek: the plus side is that it's at 7.30pm. Saturday night games we have already done 2 x 5pm games, another 5pm game to come and then sensibly 2 x 7.30pm games. Our Sunday schedule is even worse! We have already done 2 x 5pm games, another 5pm game to come on 4th. January and then 2 x 3pm games in March. Ferchrissake! 3pm. in Summer! Bad enough at 5pm. I don't know, I've already vented a few times about what is essentially a winter sport being played in the hottest time of the year in Australia. I have no further comments. :(

rbakersmith

...and?

As I said, we have big crowds, we have small crowds, but we average out OK in the end.

As I've said previously averages don't equal cash flow, and small crowds give more ammunition to those who are constantly hanging shit on us. Friday night FTA gives people another reason not to turn up to the ground - regardless of the weather.

Capt. Awesome

I was going to go before MC's talk last week but he has now shown to be liar. First he said one game. Then he said no more than 2 games now we are talking up to 5 games. It has to stop.

I'M NOT GOING

#SayNoToNSO

dibo

As I've said previously averages don't equal cash flow
What? Are you serious? I manage a business which has seasonal cashflow and some months have surpluses and some months have deficits - sometimes big numbers in either direction. It's factored in, it's predictable. I'm not bothered by that as long as we make a reasonable bottom line figure in the end.

There's a big difference between needing cash injections to sustain ongoing losses (which means we need bigger crowds on average) and having week-to-week cashflow issues (which means each and every crowd needs to be bigger or else we can't make rent this week).

Given we've survived for ten years, and we've had some shit crowds in that time, including each of the last several years, I think it's safe to bet we're looking at the former, not the latter.

and small crowds give more ammunition to those who are constantly hanging shit on us. Friday night FTA gives people another reason not to turn up to the ground - regardless of the weather.
Does having people hang shit on small crowds mean anything? Big woop. People have hung shit on us for various reasons for ten years, it isn't new, and it's not going to kill us, shattering our fanbase will.

Luke

Hmm... Northbridge FC just started following me on twitter.

They've started following a lot of people today.Me as well.They won't make many friends.
If you've got twitter,find them and look at the amount of promos that are happening and that they are directly involved in for the NSO game.Something we could do with CCF if the relationship wasn't so butchered and we decided to run from the problem instead of fixing it.
I've followed them purely to retweet their NSO crap to prove a point :overheadl:

Jaundice

Apparently every club in NSFA has been handed a bunch of free tickets. I wonder how much money you make from those?

There is an abundance of free tickets floating around in Gosford too. The early years it was staggering yet a little understandable with it being so new.

Makes me wonder what the actual 'paying' customer figure is in regards to crowd numbers.

ccmjack

Love the Mariners and my heart is breaking for the players at the moment but I will not travel from the CC to NSO for a night game this Friday. I really don't think they are targeting supporters from Gosford for this game so good luck to the powers that be. As for the game its self I think we have nothing to lose so I hope the Mariners play an attacking brand of football (2 up the front) and go for broke , I dont think another draw is of any use to us at all . I dont care if we get flogged in the process as long as we have a go .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred