• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Adelaide

localpom

Big game of course. Could be an awesome night, think we will be up for it as we should be...the title is there to be won. 3-1, Dutchy, Hutch and Bernie. Hope the weather holds and we get a decent crowd.

pjennings

Hearfield yes (jury is still out) but Ollie and Griff were Lawrie's

This article says Griffiths was Arnie

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/graham-arnold-had-vince-grella-in-mind-when-he-signed-rostyn-griffiths/story-fn63e0vj-1226219422498

And this one suggest Bozanic was as well

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/128420,mariners-confirm-bozanic-deal.aspx

You can also throw in Rose

So first year GA is giving some money and signs well. Year 2 he gets no money and releases players on good money like Mrdja and signs squad players like Hearfield, Pellegrino and McDonald
Whether deals were in progress beforehand are another matter

Ancient Mariner

This article says Griffiths was Arnie

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/graham-arnold-had-vince-grella-in-mind-when-he-signed-rostyn-griffiths/story-fn63e0vj-1226219422498

And this one suggest Bozanic was as well

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/128420,mariners-confirm-bozanic-deal.aspx

You can also throw in Rose

So first year GA is giving some money and signs well. Year 2 he gets no money and releases players on good money like Mrdja and signs squad players like Hearfield, Pellegrino and McDonald
Whether deals were in progress beforehand are another matter

Don't believe all you read in the media.

marinermick

Don't believe all you read in the media.

This.

Griffiths had already trained with the Mariners under Lawrie and was well into negotiations when Arnie came around. Ditto for Rose because I remember Lawrie telling me about him.

Bozanic was signed months before it was announced and before Arnie came. I remember that I kept thinking when will it ever be announced.

Forum Phoenix

Interesting question. I'll say he will, for the "integrity" of the game.
Funny though, a youthful mixup of players desperate to prove themselves is something I'm not sure I'd want to see us face.

Kareem

I have no 'inside' info but I think Griffiths would have been Arnie's...
Why?
Griffiths trialled the year before with us, and we chose not to sign him...and we sent him up to our mate Fergie at Nth Qld, and went on with our season. Arnie might have targeted as an important player for his system

But thats just my theory...and like I said, no insider knowledge!

For the record...I think Olly was McKinna's signing ;)

localpom

Down to the wire then. Can't believe any critism for Musti, shows lack of understanding as he has been class more often than not. Let's get behind the the team and cheer them to the final.

On Sutton, he is the sort of player that thrives on service in the box or passes to hold the ball up. At the moment he isn't getting the service he needs for his game. If you watch the game back how many chances does he get within the penalty area? None. That's his strength and if we don't supply then not his fault and maybe a change up front with Hearfield or maybe Rogic? It seems we need a more dynamic front man than Sutton to suit how we are playing. Lack of a decent pass or cross in the final 3rd is an issue.

Still top and guaranteed a top 2 finish with a game to play. Unlike some i think we have had an awesome season and i am so proud of the team we support. Bring on the finals!

A.J.V

Great to grind out the win and take the three points, first night i had ever wanted the scum to not lose and they lost. For me sutton has got absolutely nothing and is a waste of space, going to be a very tough to take the 3 points at the cake tin. But i hav faith

gull

Great result and terrific second half. Very nervous team and crowd...
Top two finish assured and we still control our own destiny which is where we want to be. Roar have to travel mid week too which is a bonus.
C'mon you yellow!!

midfielder

Musty .... great game some folk must have been watching a different game... as for Sutton I think he may win the worst player we have ever signed ...

scottmac

Suspended
Roar have to travel mid week too which is a bonus.

This.
Ange will be under pressure to perform away from home and must play a full strength squad. Roar's depth is poor and will struggle against a youthful GCU with something to proove in their last ever game and its a local derby to boot.

In saying that, i think a good midweek performance against a really good Nagoya will set us up for a win against wellington.

Rogic must play striker with Bernie. Bernie holds the ball well and they could be the partnership we need.

Wombat

I enjoyed the game.
I thought we were flat first 20 mins.
Thought we were very decent for first 20 mins of second half.
I think criticism of Sutton and Musti is overly harsh. Having said that I wouldnt sign Sutton and think Rogic has greater potential than Musti.
I need to watch the game on tv before I give my ratings.
I thought Dutchy, Wilko and Olly were the standouts.

Shame about poor crowd but shit weather as usual.

I still get a laugh out of the "racist , racist" chant whenerver Bernie is offside.

Also shouldnt Galekovic have been sent off for deliberate handball outside the box?

Forum Phoenix

On Sutton I agree with Localpom and Wombat. He actually did very little wrong. But he was only able to do very little.

This had A LOT to do with the fact that Kosmina's stacked midfield were cutting off virtually all supply and channels to Amini in the first half. Second half, Arnie countered this and Sutton was doing better till subbed. I'd ike to see considerably more if we were to sign him longer term. But it was not a "bad" performance. People obviously disagree, but you have to take into account all factors before you can fairly critique any players performance.

Amini, struggled to nail his magic side splitting passes. But he was creative, interested, and positive. Which a re good signs, and a little bit of rust on those passes is too be expected.

Will we ever see him and Rogic on the field at the same time?

Good games from olly and Bernie, and Pedj was a monster! Just ask Ramsey :innocent:

Anyhow, good tough win. Now lets get 3 point of Nagoya and then go win the plate!!!

:eek:verhead:

bikinigirl

. i think sutton is just too slow for the way we play (or the pace of the league). as i mentioned when we first saw him ... i think the pace and quality of the league may have surprised him but not as much as the workrate that was expected of him

. i actually thought little ronnie played well and some of those 'magic passes' people are expecting may have come off if sutton was a bit faster. this may be a matter of adjustment as i don't recall them spending much time on the pitch together. sutton is such a big lump that it takes him a while to wind-up ... he can't be expected to explode onto a pass

. just out of interest i think ronnie was the better of he and tommi midweek for the olyroos ... but to be fair he has had a lot more time with that team

. good to see a few of the guys (like oli in particular) 'having a crack' we need more of this to make sure the defense is always guessing. pedj is another who has never been afraid to try things (despite the criticism on here) ... but there are quite a few who are afraid to try pedj

. wilko was great in his usual anonymous and unassuming style. swayze on the other hand is having a few too many 'vidmar moments' for my liking although he generally makes a reasonable recovery. he also tried the diagonal long ball a few too many times early on

. good to see bernie on the score sheet ... and using his head!

. well played to the boys ... they definitely appeared 'up' for this game but were being strangled by adelaide early on. i thought once we went up, we would go on with it and get a couple more. we were unlucky on a couple of occasions but we didn't back off which was a massive positive for me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred