• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners stars blitzkrieged over Mad Monday gag

Andy

I can't be bothered reading through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned but isn't Frank Lowy, head of FFA, Jewish???

There's something for the conspiracy theorists to think about.

P

Pete

Andy said:
I can't be bothered reading through the whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned but isn't Frank Lowy, head of FFA, Jewish???

Yeah I mentioned the connection earlier. Lowy is actually quite a very well respected member of the Jewish community, well regarded by those in the halls of power in Israel too.

But a lot of non Jewish folks hate the idea of Hitler too, and would be offended that someone in Gumps' position and his nationality would do such a thing - or at least that's what the Terrorgraph would have you believe. Has the paper done a poll along the lines of "Gumprecht - lynching or deportation?" yet? ??? ::)

voice of reason

Greenpoleffc said:
Bay14 said:
Greenpoleffc

Your personal picture and text ‘power to the people ‘ could be classed as revolutionary and leans towards communism and would more than likely be offensive to most Cubans, but I guess that’s OK. :soapbox:
Lighten up, none of the players were out to make a political, racist, sexist or religious statement, it was just having a good time.

Alternatively it could be a picture of the actor playing a character from a 1970's sit com about a 1 man revolutionary who was a Fulham supporter.

Characters name was Wolfie Smith BTW

I'll 'ave a 'alf!!

serious14

Mariner Girl said:
We all agree that Andre was very thoughtless in his choice of costume. If anyone is offended by Viddy playing God, well God is for all people - there is only one God.

No we don't, and no there's not.

Stick that in a News Limited pipe and smoke it.  :p

lellow

Re Andre - I'm a big Mariners fan, and I happen to be Jewish...Andre's outfit was in poor taste, but I do not believe for a millisecond that it was meant to be offensive, nor do I believe it represents his views in any way. 

He's been big enough to apologise, and I have no doubt he is absolutely sincere.  I continue to admire the man and the footballer, and wish him every success wherever he plays.

Tony Vidmar - I'm quite religious, but find it ridiculous that people were offended - much as most others have remarked in the thread

T

I find it amusing that people get offended if someone dresses up as God but have no problem with people dressing up as the devil. I don't see satainist getting all hot under the collar. Take almost any costume and someone is bound to find it offensive in some way.

happy

There is an article about the misbehaviour of Andre Gumprecht in out local Nrnberg newspaper.

Professional football player appears in Hitler costume
German makes waves

SYDNEY - Former 2nd league player Andre Gumprecht makes a scandal in Australia. The 33-year old who was born in Jena was photographed as Adolf Hitler at the after season party of the Central Coast Mariners and generated great outrage.
Gumprecht, whoplayed 18 2nd league mathces for Wattenscheid and is playing in Australia since 2002 presented himself in a military uniform with a glued Hitler moustache. Fotos were printed in the Daily Telegraph. The FFA announced that it will investigate the incident. "Such a behaviour is not only stupid but also not tolerable" said FFA president Ben Buckley and makes Gumprecht giving a comment.

It is one thing to present yourself as a German as Adolf Hitler which is in my opinion very inappropriate and as German myself I feel ashamed.
As someone stated before you can go to jail in Germany when appearing like that.

But there is one thing I don't understand: Why is the FFA investigating? This has to be punished by the club and not the assiciation in my opinion as it was at an event of the Mariners and not an FFA one. If I understand the whole thread correctly.

trev

i thought dannys outfit was funny along with gumps and viddy whoever is taking offense i don't kno whats on with use

cruiser

Pete said:
Andy said:

Yeah I mentioned the connection earlier. Lowy is actually quite a very well respected member of the Jewish community, well regarded by those in the halls of power in Israel too.

But a lot of non Jewish folks hate the idea of Hitler too, and would be offended that someone in Gumps' position and his nationality would do such a thing - or at least that's what the Terrorgraph would have you believe. Has the paper done a poll along the lines of "Gumprecht - lynching or deportation?" yet? ??? ::)

Yes it has, there's an online poll about it now.

I'm so f**king over this crap. Talk about a beat up and a 'let's jump on the bash the Mariners bandwagon'.

I'm also sick of the ratbag Jets supporters who are all over this site at the moment.

serious14

Honestly, I just see this as another opportunity for the bigoted red-neck media in this country to have a go at the effniks and their soccerball game.......

Charlie Chaplin dresses up as Hitler and is hailed a comedic genius.

Andrew Hansen from the Chaser dresses up as Hitler, NAZI MARCHES INTO A POLISH CLUB, and is hailed a comedic genius.

Andre Gumprecht, a 'soccer' player, dresses up as someone who may or may not actually be Hitler (find me a swastika on that uniform - I personally think he's doing Hogans Heroes or Dad's Army..... go Google pictures of Dad's Army and you'll see what I mean) in a delightfully ironic joke, and is lambasted by all and sundry for being 'insensitive' and 'immature'.

Our media is painfully stuck in the 50's and 60's and it makes me sad to say the least - I choose to quote Simon Hill on The Back Page yesterday - "I can smell your fear boys".

C_71_article_1004845_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

0,,5907645,00.jpg

Wombat

keensy said:
The point which is being missed is that gumprecht should be congratulated not condemned, he is the first german in history to have a sense of humour

LOL

voice of reason

http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts/archibald-selfportrait-with-a-nazi-surprise/2008/02/28/1203788507041.html

Can anyone spot hypocricy at work here?

bikinigirl

voice of reason said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts/archibald-selfportrait-with-a-nazi-surprise/2008/02/28/1203788507041.html

Can anyone spot hypocricy at work here?

. nah, just that one guy got to explain himself up-front

. oh yeah, and he is an artist

T

thanman

serious14 said:
Honestly, I just see this as another opportunity for the bigoted red-neck media in this country to have a go at the effniks and their soccerball game.......

Charlie Chaplin dresses up as Hitler and is hailed a comedic genius.

Andrew Hansen from the Chaser dresses up as Hitler, NAZI MARCHES INTO A POLISH CLUB, and is hailed a comedic genius.

Andre Gumprecht, a 'soccer' player, dresses up as someone who may or may not actually be Hitler (find me a swastika on that uniform - I personally think he's doing Hogans Heroes or Dad's Army..... go Google pictures of Dad's Army and you'll see what I mean) in a delightfully ironic joke, and is lambasted by all and sundry for being 'insensitive' and 'immature'.

Our media is painfully stuck in the 50's and 60's and it makes me sad to say the least - I choose to quote Simon Hill on The Back Page yesterday - "I can smell your fear boys".

C_71_article_1004845_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

0,,5907645,00.jpg

Yeah if anything he's mocking the British.. and we always take crap.. but we don't whine about it like some groups of people. BAM! lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred