• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Coastalraider

I'd wait until early next week, depending on who we're picking up clubs may want to squeeze one more round out of their current squad or waiting for their incoming players to be available. Maybe even after the game on the 16th if we're getting anyone from city (transferred not loaned since loans wouldn't be eligible against parent clubs anyway). The other possibility is being in for a player but the other club or the player stalling to see if there is a more lucrative offer.

But I totally agree that we need some signings and the sooner the better. Aside from one tweet saying we should expect good news soon there doesn't seem to be much in the way of transfer rumours going our way.

Even if we do sign late in the window, we have totally missed the boat now. Earlier this week they were promoting the fact that we have 3 games in 8 days. If we are actually going to sign someone who will make any sort of difference, they should be involved in all 3 games, to create some momentum. Now we don’t (or are unlikely to), we are more than likely going to come out if this 3 game period with the worst losing record in A-League history (only 2 more to go boys, don’t take your eyes off the prize now!)

Rowdy

Mulvey was at the nix v wsw game last night. My first thought that if he is there scouting he has left it way too late.
& the Melb City game before that, hmmmm ??

Yeah Well he did say to me on the night of his appointment at the CCLC that he HADN'T been keeping an eye on the A-League whilst in Thailand.

...... maybe he's just started doing so. :cool:

localpom

Even if we do sign late in the window, we have totally missed the boat now. Earlier this week they were promoting the fact that we have 3 games in 8 days. If we are actually going to sign someone who will make any sort of difference, they should be involved in all 3 games, to create some momentum. Now we don’t (or are unlikely to), we are more than likely going to come out if this 3 game period with the worst losing record in A-League history (only 2 more to go boys, don’t take your eyes off the prize now!)
I don't mind too much if it doesn't happen soon as long as it happens at some point this month. Just my opinion but i would like the club to lock in half the squad who have proved they both have the ability and the right "stuff". I'm talking the likes of Millar, Pain, Rowles, Aspro (yet to play but must have a great attitude to have come through the injury as well as he has), Murray, McGing etc. Try and get Tommy H, Aiden O'Neill and Tommy Oar for another season. Ongoing we just have to get 3 or 4 positions (GK, CB,10, Striker) spot on and we should be ok with that core group. The seasons gone, i would like to see us find some momentum in the last 10 games or so.

Rowdy

I don't mind too much if it doesn't happen soon as long as it happens at some point this month
Kinda like a period ... :redcard:, if it doesn't happen then pretty sure we've been fcuked over at some point by the club in the preceding x4 /6 games. :oops:

Rowdy

Why not play both Toms as dual 10’s? That would certainly give us threat going forward and allow Pain and Millar to retain our pacy wide play too.
Whilst I like the fact of having Pain & Oar on the pitch together, there's the fact that Pain is creating AND scoring from making the 'inside-runs'.
- I'd like to see Mulvey encourage him to do that MORE !!

The easiest way to facillitate that is have Oar playing deeper & going around and outside of Pain.

Opposition players then wont think Oar is just going to the byline to whip a ball into the box for Simon or Muzza ...... there's the 2nd option of him sliding short inside balls or one-two's for Pain
-or a 3rd option of Oar driving to goals himself and shooting.
(which should also be encouraged)

Wombat

Whilst I like the fact of having Pain & Oar on the pitch together, there's the fact that Pain is creating AND scoring from making the 'inside-runs'.
- I'd like to see Mulvey encourage him to do that MORE !!

The easiest way to facillitate that is have Oar playing deeper & going around and outside of Pain.

Opposition players then wont think Oar is just going to the byline to whip a ball into the box for Simon or Muzza ...... there's the 2nd option of him sliding short inside balls or one-two's for Pain
-or a 3rd option of Oar driving to goals himself and shooting.
(which should also be encouraged)

Your third option is most likely. I think he will play 10.

Big Al

Another day, no signings.
3 games in 8 days leaves no time for help if not signed ASAP but realistically the season is already over. We would need to win 10 games to get to 30 points and we don’t even have one.

Time to play the kids (not all at once) but one or two at a time to see what they can do before the NPL season.

Kekeris needs game time now as does nisbett and any other worthy candidates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred