• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Forum Phoenix

Good signing. Young but proven at this level. We now have strong and genuine competition for CB. Just RB and a keeper now to worry about. Then it's all about our attack.

Ozhammer

Makes you wonder about the quality of their management if all of this is true, doesn't it?

Anyway, even if WeeMac was offered, considering we have three Visa players already, none of them Asian, is he really worth the spot? I'm not convinced tbh... He was exceptional when he was last here, but there's been a lot of water under the bridge for him - not sure we couldn't find something better in the visa stakes.
Isn’t Weemac a Kiwi? Not sure that makes him a visa player?

localpom

Aspro is a strange signing considering he is supposed to be recovering from an ACL injury.
Quality young player, possible future International. A risk worth taking IMO. We have cover there so if he is not ready for the start of the season then he can wait till he is ready. I'm sure the club have done the research. I have a couple of friends who are WSW members and they rate him very highly. 21 is still very young for a CB. The only concern i have is that Golec is also returning from a major injury, one of them at least needs to be ready for round one.

Big Al

I would have gone two years with Aspro with maybe a club option for the second. By the time he is ready the season will be half over

localpom

I would have gone two years with Aspro with maybe a club option for the second. By the time he is ready the season will be half over
He should be ready close to the start of the season. That's my guess anyway having had the same op myself with not very good rehab. I'm sure he will be there doing light training at the start of pre-season.

Timmah

That was bloody quick.
Marinermick announces Aspro is leaving at 2.07pm & he`s signed & re-announced at 2.16pm.
Well in boys!!! :popcorn:
I think WSW announced it, Mick just posted it here lol. And usually clubs coordinate that sort of thing - like Matty last week, Sydney made their announcement then we made ours.

Timmah

Reactions: adz

Offsider

From memory he wasn’t the fastest player in their squad............. and injured.

But ............ he is an accomplished “back passer”. Don’t rate him better than roux and definitely not as good as uncle josh ..............

Big Al

He should be ready close to the start of the season. That's my guess anyway having had the same op myself with not very good rehab. I'm sure he will be there doing light training at the start of pre-season.
So did my mate and he Said there was like a 50% better success rate by rehabing for an extra 6months. They rush them back to soon imo.
In the nba 12 months is common.

Look at that kid who did his 2 or 3 times in a row here (forgot name RB) and Gamerio

Big Al

Prefer to go with what comes from the clubs on this stuff, WSW site on Feb 5: https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/aspropotamitis-sidelined-injury

Club says nothing about time apart from "rest of season". I'd be surprised if he wasn't good to go in time for Round 1 (bearing in mind it's Oct 19-22 now)
Same same Timmah. Both Announced in Feb and Say ACL.

They only say end of season because that’s when his contract ran out.

No way he will be up and running before Christmas IMO

Quick google says 6 to 9 but 6 months is way to rushed imo

Risky business but definitely a talent

pinklady

From memory he wasn’t the fastest player in their squad............. and injured.

But ............ he is an accomplished “back passer”. Don’t rate him better than roux and definitely not as good as uncle josh ..............
Roux's performances this year were an embarrassment - even in our team. I agree - definitely not as good as Josh Rose (2010-14 version) but has the potential to be.

Josho Howe

When Liam played CB, he was competent and did well. From what i've seen of Aspro, l don't really rate him. But time will tell.

Ozhammer

Aspro is a career CB, whereas Liam isn’t with all due respect to him, so it’s inappropriate to compare them as apples for apples tbf.

I have no issue with the club signing Aspro on his potential but any player who suffers a serious injury has to be something of a gamble in all honesty. That can be from both a recovery or recurrence point of view. Let’s hope that he doesn’t suffer from either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred