• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

turbo

I am not liking the noise coming from MM at the moment. Recruiting another DM and two more defensive options, when the team’s pressing need is clearly higher up the park just makes no sense to me sorry.
Unless one of the rumoured new players is a quality keeper (and by that I mean goalkeeper), then I will be very cheesed off, especially when we look likely to not be able to field a single experienced striker on Weds.

I dont think another defender or two is a bad thing, clearly based on recent selections MM has little faith in Cisse or Golec and marginally more in Clisby. But they shouldnt be short term deals, we need to be improving our defence and creating a foundation for next season as well. Also our most promising performances have come against a 9th placed Roar that's very hot and cold and City who aren't the most attacking team at the moment, lets not assume too much about our defensive strength until tested a bit more.

No noise on a like for like replacement for Ross as we were told is a worry, I can't help but wonder if we've got all our eggs in one basket and are likely to come out of it empty handed with a shrug and a "well we tried". Simon wouldn't get a starting gig anywhere else in the league and we're expecting a lot from him. He's averaging a goal every 262 minutes and has one season in double digits. We can all see the effort he is putting in but it alone doesn't score a lot of goals.

If the word on Jem joining for 6 months is true it's an unusual choice, will be interesting to see how that one works out.

Last edited:

NoDiggity

Speaking to a player last night and he said we have a signing arriving tomorrow and either one or two players arriving AFTER the Adelaide game on Sunday.

Big Al

And he would have been quite a reasonable number two if Mulvey signed a proper keeper
Can’t even agree with that. He should never have been signed. A permanent backup coming off an achilies injury over and NPL keeper. No way. Our Keeping recruitment has been horrendous recently.

However i meant as that type of deal does get done not as a pisstake. But both works

We absolutely should have that clause in NPL players contracts and you can always not pick them if you don’t want them and pick them if you do.

Rowdy

At the very least there should be a trigger clause. You play a certain amount of games in a season and that triggers another one or two years.

That protects you against the duds.
EXACTLY what I was saying a while back !

Its a 'Ben Kennedy' Contract'
... BUT 'in-reverse' !

Kennedy only had to play X number of games and then HE had the option of activating the 2nd year of the contract.

With Millar and ANY OTHER PLAYER'S we bring in from NOW and till ETERNITY:

THE CLUB SHOULD HAVE THE OPTION TO ACTIVATE
..... not the player !!!

This is basic shit that the club are fcuking up, & shows that there is a real HOLE within the Football Dept. that has been created/from ever since Lawrie left at the end of the Arnie era.

The deals that were the most fruitful for this club ALL CAME from Arnie's insistence that both Ryan & Rogic's contracts had sell-on clauses that pay CCM XYZ% of sale price to the next club that either Brugge or Celtic sell to.

Ryan's paid handsomely, Rogic's expired because he re-signed at Celtic (and that can be future avoided with clause of additional re-signing with the buying club :cool:)

You'd think Phelan would KNOW 100 different ways to structure a deal that ultimately benefits CCM in the long run with these speculative player's.

What did we get for the $$$'s spent on Phelan's review ...... NOT even a training module on - " 101 - Basic - Arse - Contracts for Dummies"
- & IT'S AVAILABLE on eBay NOW :
Screenshot_2019-01-21-18-51-26-1.png
Thankz Mike ...... & thankz Mike :rolleyes:

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

Watched a lot of Pearce in NSWPL2 and anyone who believed he deserved an AL contract should have their coaching quals cancelled.
He is a local keeper at best.

Reactions: adz

Antlion

Our new Jem is supposed to arrive today, yes?

(The media is going to have a cringe-worthy field day with his name aren't they?)

NoDiggity

Our new Jem is supposed to arrive today, yes?

(The media is going to have a cringe-worthy field day with his name aren't they?)
I went full stalker style and looked at Jems girlfriends Instagram account (side note: she’s hot as). She put up on her insta they left last night with a stop over in HK then arriving here today. He’d have some stuff to sign, get the standard shirt holding photo then they’d announce when they think would benefit them most

Michael

I went full stalker style and looked at Jems girlfriends Instagram account (side note: she’s hot as). She put up on her insta they left last night with a stop over in HK then arriving here today. He’d have some stuff to sign, get the standard shirt holding photo then they’d announce when they think would benefit them most

Bit rude not sharing her username mate. Selfish too, might I add..

Speaking of instagram, Gameiro trained today by the looks of it (ccm account posted a clip of him)

Was anyone there to confirm how much he did?

He seriously needs to get back on the pitch, I want him playing for us. It’s beyond frustrating that he’s stealing a pay cheque for just niggling injuries. With no club update. He’s a good player.

NoDiggity

Bit rude not sharing her username mate. Selfish too, might I add..

Speaking of instagram, Gameiro trained today by the looks of it (ccm account posted a clip of him)

Was anyone there to confirm how much he did?

He seriously needs to get back on the pitch, I want him playing for us. It’s beyond frustrating that he’s stealing a pay cheque for just niggling injuries. With no club update. He’s a good player.
Just_lka.. eat your heart out :vhappy:

upload_2019-1-22_14-8-8.png

I did go down to training today at 10;45 but the boys were leaving.. must’ve trained earlier due to the heat

greenlig

C'mon guys, don't think we need to be wolf-whistling on this forum. Plenty of other places to salivate over instagram pics, doubt the squad thread is one of them.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, Gameiro is on paid holiday ain’t he....whose calf can be that badly damaged , yet the recipient ain’t on crutches or even got a mild limp....hell, he ran up the steps, past us, to the players box on Sunday night....I don’t get it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred