• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 14 - 2018- 2019 - The challenge for Mike Mulvey is over

Ozhammer

Not seeking sympathy for DDS nor saying he's a victim. Not even suggesting that currently he's doing what's best. Just felt to respond to comments that he is pretentious, only after money etc, when I know that's not the case. I understand we all have our opinions so happy to leave it there.
Happy to move on and talk about the Mariners and what lies ahead this season. Thanks for being civil and thoughtful in the banter.
Hopefully I might get to meet some of you at a Mariners match this season. Personally hoping DDS is with us too btw, working his socks off to win back the fans. We'll see.
Thank you for adding to the debate on here Slimbo, most folks are thoughtful and some a little reactive but all share the same desire, which is to see our club successful once again.

There is undoubtedly a long road ahead of us and much hard work to be done but I for one believe that we now have the coaching staff in place to deliver on that.

The DDS situation is understandably hard for folks to take, given how much they care for the team and no doubt the truth lies somewhere between the extremes of opinion. If he does stay however, he has some serious bridge-building to do but perhaps that is an important lesson for him to learn as part of his path as a footballer.

pjennings

We seem to be adding a bit of height - particularly in defence.

Golec, Cisse, Rowles, Aspropotamitis, McGing, Hiariej & Simon all over 6 foot. Millar and Boysman if they are signed are also over 6 foot.

Forum Phoenix

We seem to be adding a bit of height - particularly in defence.

Golec, Cisse, Rowles, Aspropotamitis, McGing, Hiariej & Simon all over 6 foot. Millar and Boysman if they are signed are also over 6 foot.
Yeah happy about this. We've been bullied for years. And consistently monstered at set pieces at both ends.

bikinigirl

Going to stick my neck out here .............

The first point is so not mc. I can’t believe mc contemplated a marquee situation to allow for further spend in january.
I can’t imagine okon not wanting to replace his failed choice of asdrubal. He despratly needed a goal scorer. I would suggest that that was the beginning of the end for okon when mc closed the door.

Your complicated scenario just does not wash with me bikinigirl.

. hey I understand completely ... I think the marquee situation was purely a flexibility thing - but don't forget that before the start of last season we were promised a full cap spend (maybe more). Brama was also a late, opportunistic signing which would not have been cheap either

. the part of the 'business plan' that I have not understood was that an expected higher gate in the first part of the season was actually meant to fund the additional spend come January

. with regard to Asdrubal's replacement - money was available for a tilt at Giannou ... when that fell through Okon 'settled' with Skepitis. By the time that Okon decided he needed more it was too late (the money was off the table)

bikinigirl

Sorry but I don't necessarily agree with this. We were looking at bringing someone in January.
I can't see how you can say Okon was happy with the squad when one of his complaints when
he left was that MC wouldn't spend any money. Weren't we having that Aussie bloke to went
to somewhere in Europe?

. I think I have now clarified my understanding of the situation above

. the other thing is that around the window closing time we were still in a reasonable position to chase the finals with three very winnable games in a row facing our immediate competitors at the time (Brisbane, Wanderers and Glory I think) ... all three seemed winnable but we continued to under-achieve and fates were sealed

Offsider

But Okon`s contract was going to finish in 4-5weeks anyway.
So why did Okon pull the pin on player`s like DDS who obviously came to the club to play under him?
If Okon had honoured his contract DDS would have played the remaining games.
Newcastle would not have smashed us and everyone ends the season as friends,shakes hands a walks away.
For mine Okon dogged it on the players, the back room staff, the fans & the club...:soapbox:

Didn’t I read somewhere that Tom went to mc representing the player’s dissatisfaction with the coaching staff???
.............. that resulted in the okon meeting and subsequent dummy spit by him and walking out. :popcorn:

Big Dog

What are people's thoughts on our general formation under MM? 4-3-3? Anyone want to hazard a guess at a starting lineup?

Big Al

What are people's thoughts on our general formation under MM? 4-3-3? Anyone want to hazard a guess at a starting lineup?
442 seems a possibility at the moment with Simon bringing the other attackers into play from the air but it’s a bit early to tell without a full squad and we haven’t even had a trial game that we know of

Offsider

And I find that concerning with just under 3 weeks till our first competitive game..

The only reason you would want to have your squad ready for ffa cup games is if you had ambitions of winning it. :(:(:(
Sorry ............. but I love the ffa cup. Spirit of the game blah blah blah. :cheers::-|:-|:-|

With all due respects though ......... it appears sfc, victory and city will be running with squaddies.:vomit:

Don't usually have too much to say but read with interest daily. Archie Thompson summed us up last year on Fox. We were a side in the McKinna era and GA to an extent that opposition sides hated playing. When they turned up at Bluetongue (Central Coast Stadium) they knew they were in for a hard physical game. We were not a bunch of skillful players or a team of potential. Blokes like Hutch, Gumps, Monty, Jedi, Simon, Boogs etc etc made there opposite number know they were in for a tough day if they anted the ball off them.
McKinna enforced the community club mantra within the players and this somewhat started to fall away following the GA appointment. Too often in the Moss and TW era i would see 6 or so players sitting at the Shell servo at the end of the freeway waiting for the bus to pick them up. Most people who commute to Sydney will tell you how much they hate it. How could these blokes have enjoyed travelling up the freeway to put in everything in training and playing. Most people who don't like the commute just look for a job closer to home.
MMM saying that players must live on the coast is a step in getting our team back. He may not be recruiting big name stars or the most gifted players. He has recruited players who want to play for this club and players that want to let the opposition know they are in for a game.
Not sure what to say on the DDS situation. I don't think he realises that he is a role model for our younger fans. Doesn't set them a good example of what a contract is when he is wanting out. Most of us sign contracts for phones etc and either have to wait out the duration with an outdated phone or pay it out to get the new phone.

Offsider

Don't usually have too much to say but read with interest daily. Archie Thompson summed us up last year on Fox. We were a side in the McKinna era and GA to an extent that opposition sides hated playing. When they turned up at Bluetongue (Central Coast Stadium) they knew they were in for a hard physical game. We were not a bunch of skillful players or a team of potential. Blokes like Hutch, Gumps, Monty, Jedi, Simon, Boogs etc etc made there opposite number know they were in for a tough day if they anted the ball off them.
McKinna enforced the community club mantra within the players and this somewhat started to fall away following the GA appointment. Too often in the Moss and TW era i would see 6 or so players sitting at the Shell servo at the end of the freeway waiting for the bus to pick them up. Most people who commute to Sydney will tell you how much they hate it. How could these blokes have enjoyed travelling up the freeway to put in everything in training and playing. Most people who don't like the commute just look for a job closer to home.
MMM saying that players must live on the coast is a step in getting our team back. He may not be recruiting big name stars or the most gifted players. He has recruited players who want to play for this club and players that want to let the opposition know they are in for a game.
Not sure what to say on the DDS situation. I don't think he realises that he is a role model for our younger fans. Doesn't set them a good example of what a contract is when he is wanting out. Most of us sign contracts for phones etc and either have to wait out the duration with an outdated phone or pay it out to get the new phone.

Pity you don’t have more to say.I’m not a fan of being competitive through being physical ...... the great leveller.
Agree with your summation of players commutting ........... big no.
Mm insisting on players living on the coast is a great start to a new era and creating the pathway.
In my opinion dds is just a pawn in mc’s min salary spend mexican standoff ......... even at the expense of finalising imports.:popcorn:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So thus far ..Corey G is our “striker “ with MattyMattyMattyMattyMatty Simon as his sub ...is that right❓❓

localpom

Pity you don’t have more to say.I’m not a fan of being competitive through being physical ...... the great leveller.
Agree with your summation of players commutting ........... big no.
Mm insisting on players living on the coast is a great start to a new era and creating the pathway.
In my opinion dds is just a pawn in mc’s min salary spend mexican standoff ......... even at the expense of finalising imports.:popcorn:
There is a difference between been overly physical and having a team that battles till the end. I think we have rolled over too many times, and also have definitely lacked a physical presence for many a year. I think everyone is one the same page regarding players living on the Coast.

localpom

So thus far ..Corey G is our “striker “ with MattyMattyMattyMattyMatty Simon as his sub ...is that right❓❓
Matty will be a starting player....but can also see Corey as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see Gameiro on the right side of Midfield depending on our formation and who else we sign.

Offsider

There is a difference between been overly physical and having a team that battles till the end. I think we have rolled over too many times, and also have definitely lacked a physical presence for many a year. I think everyone is one the same page regarding players living on the Coast.

By physicality I mainly hate the professional foulers to break up attacks ala ga’s main tactic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred