• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Insertnamehere

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...a/news-story/3e86a7e066a48f0d6716d1858148a8ba

Interview with DDS
Adam Peacock seriously asked if the coast is boring because they have shutdown club troppo.

Didn't realise he played under the new Nix coach and doesn't like him
I haven't lived on the coast for about 10 years but hasn't troppo been shut for almost that long? Peacock is a spoon (someone you wouldn't give a fork to)
The coast is a great place if you're the family type, or like rsls and pokies....
I'd love to live back at Norah.

Pirate Pete

icon_lol.gif
did you see the next story down. Mitch Austin walking off the set.

Pirate Pete

I haven't lived on the coast for about 10 years but hasn't troppo been shut for almost that long? Peacock is a spoon (someone you wouldn't give a fork to)
The coast is a great place if you're the family type, or like rsls and pokies....
I'd love to live back at Norah.

Quite possibly 10 years. There was a Troppo reunion recently.

* Edit Yes closed in 2006

style_cafe

1 Ben Kennedy
2 Storm Roux
3 Josh Rose
4 Jake McGing
5 Anthony Golcec
6 Tom Hiariej
7 Andrew Hoole
8 Blake Powell
9 Asdrubal
10 Daniel De Silva
11 Connor Pain
12 Trent Buhagiar
13 Kwabena Appiah-Kubi
14 Adam Berry
15 Alan Baro
16 Liam Rose
17 Josh Bingham
18 Tom Glover
19 Harry Ascroft
20 Adam Pearce
21 Kye Rowles
23 Wout Brama

Thanks PJ I`m starting the countdown to Saturday & wanted to get to know who is which & vica versa..:popcorn:

priorpeter

icon_lol.gif
did you see the next story down. Mitch Austin walking off the set.

Probably not really one to laugh at. Im the first to deride him for being a snake - however if it was in fact a panic attack, as it seems to have been, I really feel for the guy and hope he's feeling better soon.

Capt. Awesome

Here is an interesting article about how we got Brama. Its translated for Ditch so its hard to read but you can get the gist. So interesting points. His former coach desperately wanted him to stay. Offered him a new three year contract on hearing he wanted to leave. Also Sydney FC, Melbourne and Gamba Osaka made plays for him. I can now why Okon can't believe we got him.

Sorry its long. Had to post in two threads.

Football player Wout Brama has longed for the desire to play abroad. Often he was close, as often as not. Until this summer.

This is how a football transfer takes place
Michiel de Hoog
59d34d525b9f25366232979.jpg

Photo: Maurice van Steen / HH
The most beautiful and hardest show of value you can play as a footballer is as a trainer doing everything to keep you at the club.

That was the case with FC Utrecht player Wout Brama this summer. He passed from FC Utrecht to the Australian club Central Coast Mariners.

Brama wanted to go to Australia, his trainer Erik at Hag wanted to stay in Utrecht, and did quite a lot.

About the big million transfers in football - Neymar About the transfer from Neymar to Paris St. Germain is endlessly written. About the transfer from Neymar to Paris St. Germain is endlessly written. Neymar to PSG, Dembélé to Barcelona - you read a lot of speculations. But how a transfer is exactly what's going on, what's going on behind the scenes, and dealing with the heads, you read little about it.

Brama took me in the various steps of the process. About life goals, about marketing yourself, negotiation, the speed of the process, and the realization that it may fail at any moment.

And about the predictable, annoying, but also flattering conflict of interest between him and Ten Hag.

The transfer begins
At the end of June, Brama received a call from his robber Rob Groener. Groener is an old footballer, trainer, and case-maker of among others Brama, Ajacied Lasse Schöne, Marko Arnautovic and the young Austrian Ajax defender Maximilian Wöber. The Greener Wiki Page. Or he still wanted to play football abroad?

That he wanted. He played only since January in Utrecht, it seemed to him, but playing abroad, learning a different culture, that was always a goal of Brama and his girlfriend.

It was the reason that he had included special departure clauses in his contracts with PEC Zwolle and Utrecht. At PEC, he had to leave for each club for free. At Utrecht he was free for any club outside of Europe.

Like any other Dutch citizen, but unlike any football player, Brama could easily work somewhere else
The ambition to play in the US, Australia, or Japan - "beautiful countries" - was one of the reasons that he moved to PEC from PEC Zwolle in December 2016.

At FC Utrecht - a stronger, more prestigious team than PEC Zwolle - he could play more in the audience of foreign teams. That was what Ten Hag liked to put in his efforts to attract Brama to Utrecht.

To Hag had needed Brama after Utrechts defender midfielder Rico Strieder injured Read about the serious injury of Rico Strieder. Read about the serious injury of Rico Strieder. was injured . Brama's departure clause would "never normally accept him," says Ten Hag - you do not want to leave good players right away.

But because Brama demanded the clause, and the need to get him to Utrecht was high, Ten Hag took the clause on the sale The news about Brama's transition to Utrecht. The news about Brama's transition to Utrecht. buy. Partly because Strieder would be fit again a couple of months later, Ten Hag said.

In short: like any other Dutch citizen, but unlike any football player, Brama could work out a different place. The club could not stop him formally and did not ask for a transfer fee.

And now, in summer 2017, it was time to make the dream to play abroad.

And so he let Groener know that he was looking for.

An intermediary is getting started
In early July, Greener switched some intermediaries. The cushions at clubs in Japan, the United States and Australia, or they were interested in an almost 31-year-old defender midfielder.

A player like Brama wears out Making a promotional video for a defensive midfielder is not an egg, I wrote before. Making a promotional video for a defensive midfielder is not an egg, I wrote before. wear is not so easy yet. Players in position, defending midfielder, are the team lubricant oil. Important but invisible. And owners of foreign clubs prefer to impress fans with spectacular players.

"Better," says Groener, "buy them a spit or creative midfielder."

207e3c27574e7f920ca582b24c8e0724.jpg

The video that Brama's case manager sent to interested clubs would send this summer.
However, the intermediary in Australia, David van Gestel, had already bitten two weeks later, on July 16th. Central Coast Mariners were interested. After Brama had anointed for an hour - "what kind of club is that?" - he said that Greener could make work.

There followed a few days of many calls and emails - from Greener to Van Gestel, from Gesture to Mariners, from Mariners to Van Gestel, From Gestel to Greener, and from Greener to Brama.

But four days later there was still no offer. Stronger: Groener and Brama had not spoken to the club.

That's how it works, Brama knows. "Such an intermediary [Van Gestel, MdH] does not say exactly what he is speaking at a club. Because then we can slide him out, and then he deserves nothing. Not that we would do that, but it happens. "

Capt. Awesome

The counter offer of FC Utrecht
Nevertheless, it was time to play an open card with Utrecht, he found. Then the club could also go for replacement.

On Friday, July 21, he entered the office of trainer Erik ten Hag, with the announcement that he was likely to play in Australia.

"If you want, you have to go," said Ten Hag. "But can we do something about it? Can we offer you something else? "

Actually not, thought Brama. Even though he was wondering what the offer of Utrecht would look like.

"Can we offer you something else?"
The next morning, Groener received a mail from Technical Manager Jordy Zuidam with a three-year deal, including promising words about his game at FC Utrecht.

"You did it very well, you're reliable, you've become important to the team, so I do not want to lose you," Ten Hag Brama said later.

The offer did not make a departure easier. He felt like he was in Utrecht, he had Ten Hag high, so that was mutual.

The question was how Mariners' offer would look like.

97 percent sure it goes on
Immediately after the conversation with Ten Hag, Brama said to Groener that a concrete offer should be quickly. He wanted to clarify Ten Hag.

And he wanted to know where he was. It would not be the first time he'd been abroad abroad, until a transfer went on.

Two years ago - in the summer of 2015 - he could, for example, go to the Japanese Gamba Osaka. Once Gamba had sold another player, it would be round. A few days later Ten Hag reported to Brama: did he want to play football at Utrecht?

That stopped Brama - he wanted to go to Japan. But it took and lasted, until it turned out that Gamba could not sell that other player. And now, Utrecht was no longer an option, because at Brama's position Ten Hag had bought Rico Strieder.

Later that same summer, it seemed "95 percent sure" that he could go to Sydney FC. Brama: "Depended on the departure of their star player [Milos Dimitrijevic, [Milos Dimitrijevic, MdH] to a European club. I had already spoken to the trainer. We had already found a home in Sydney online. '

But Dimitrijevic wanted to finally stay. The trainer who wanted him so much, did not want him anymore. And so it became not Osaka, not Utrecht, not Sydney, but PEC Zwolle. PEC Zwolle.

Or last February - then he would go to Melbourne City. His girlfriend dropped him off at the stadium of PEC Zwolle, so he told trainer Ron Jans that he was leaving. Then quickly return the car to, to the airport to get around in Manchester The selection would take place in Manchester because Melbourne City is owned by Manchester City owners. to have medical approval.

He was already in the stadium on his way to Jans' office, when Groener called: the City Group 's leadership City Group - owner of Manchester City, New York City FC and Melbourne City - had the transfer fat diet.

The faster clarity, the better so, that taught these episodes of the past.

And Sunday July 23th there was clarity. Groener still did not have a concept contract, but he assured Brama that it was "97 percent sure" that it would come. If he said yes, it would come around.

Brama said yes, drank a glass of wine, and told his parents that evening later that night. Those were proud and weird: their 30-year-old son Meanwhile, Brama is 31 and girlfriend would go to the other side of the world.

Can you stay until September 1st?
Two days later, on Tuesday, he put his digital signature under the contract - only the medical check-up could throw some fun in the food.

He also told Ten Hag - the promising words - that he drove out of Utrecht and went to Australia.

"Okay, congratulations," he said. "But can not you stay until September 1?"

The league in Australia does not start until October, he knew. Brama could help to integrate the many new players and play in the forefront of the Europa League until then, Ten Hag thought.

That's going to be difficult, Brama said. He wanted to take the time, participate in the preparation of his new club, arrange everything for the move, and especially looking for a home.

"I understand that," said Ten Hag, "but then we will help you with the rule."

That was clever of Ten Hag. Saying no to it was difficult. But Brama kept his leg tight. Imagine that he got injured in those last matches? Then the transfer - his dream, their dream - was not possible yet. Do not continue.

Suppose he got injured in those last matches? Then the transfer was still unsuccessful
The home game against Lech Poznan would still play on July 27, because he did not want to let the club down for a short day, but that was the case.

Okay, forget September 1, Ten Hag said, but could he stay until next week Thursday? Then Brama could join both matches against Lech Poznan.

Brama: "No, I do not."

To Hag: "Why not?"

Brama: 'The chance of injury. Then it will not work. "

In Hag: "That chance is only 2 percent."

Brama: "That's 2 percent too much."

To Hag: "We can cover that. If you get injured you will still get a contract here. "

Brama: "I'm not talking about the money, it's my experience."

To my dear: "Okay. Play Thursday [July 27th, MdH] that match, then we'll talk the next morning. "

The Telegraaf gets air from the transfer
Wednesday, the day before the home game against Poznan, a Telegraph reporter called the "always well-introduced" Jeroen Kapteijns , according to Brama.

"Shit, who knew," thought Brama. "I do not get up."

On Thursday, Captain called again, and again Brama did not get up. He did not want friends and family to hear from the newspaper that he would leave. He did not want to surprise his old and new employer before they had finished their press releases.

That evening - July 27 - played Brama played the home game against Poznan, with an ankle who was not completely recovered from the actual injury Fixed injuries he had incurred in the final match of the season. (Still, the ankle is still painful, according to Brama.)

The next morning he returned to Ten Hag's office, as agreed. He immediately made it clear to Ten Hag and Jordy Zuidam what it was like: "This was really the last game."

At Hag tried again: "But you are important, important for the process, until September 1, it would be really nice."

Brama: "Sorry, but it will not happen."

To Hag: "Okay, then we'll talk about it. Congratulations.'

And then, only tenths of a second later, Ten Hag said something that made Brama gain more respect for him.

"Okay, who should we get if you follow?"

Brama entered the room as Utrechtspeler, he had just become a Mariners player, and now Ten Hag used to use him as a scout for the next few hours, as well as obtaining the last remaining return from Brama.

An animated conversation began about the future future, Bramaloze midfield. The names flew over the table. What do you think of that player? And of that?

"Erik immediately switched on," says Brama. "No sentiment, no hassle, the importance of the team first. First to keep me, then to replace me. As it should.'

Two years Australia, then home
And that was that - Brama went to Central Coast Mariners.

Now prepare calmly, inform family and friends, send a press release, search a house.

That was counted outside of the Telegraph . On Saturday morning, the newspaper reported that Brama would probably go to Melbourne based on 'sources in Australia.'

On Saturday morning, the newspaper reported that Brama would probably go to Melbourne, based on 'sources in Australia'
A couple of hours later, the apples poured from congratulations to offers for living space. "Aldo van der Laan (former driver of FC Twente, MdH) said he could help me with living space, he knew people there. So I appealed: I'm not going to Melbourne at all. "

That morning, FC Utrecht and Mariners brought the story about the true transfer to the outside.

On Monday, Captain called again, and now Brama got up. The reporter told him that he had heard of Australia contacts that he probably went to Melbourne.

Enough to make a story apparently.

From water carrier to star player
A few weeks later, Brama was wondering about his new status at Terrigal Beach, just north of Sydney.

He had always been the serving, unobtrusive player that enabled others to play better. "Now I was suddenly the big buy," the big purchase, " says Brama. "It used to get used to."

The relativation also came. The club called called on supporters to welcome Brama at the airport, remembering grand chaotic reception of players, as you see this once.

Look at Robin van Persie's arrival in Istanbul in 2015.

The rise? "Five people, three of the club."

Two years takes his contract - and then he wants to return to the Netherlands, to play for another two years, and hopefully to join a club management.

A club like Twente?

'Twente is my club. Behind the scenes is enough, there are many people who like the club. Perhaps Fred Rutten will be back at the club, maybe Ten Hag will be trained again. And maybe Twente will be big again. I'd like to hear that. "

Management lessons of Ten Hag
In his efforts to keep him at Utrecht for as long as possible, they are instructive. "I had my interest in leaving, he had his interest in keeping me," says Brama. "I'm sorry."

Too Hag was it business. "I would be a bad manager," he writes in an email, "if I would have accepted [Brama's] clause. One of your "strongholds" "Due to his coming," Ten Hag continued, "we reached spot 4 and won the final P / O EL. His arrival has had a big impact. " (strategist and leader) leave without a transfer fee. However, it was a part of the deal. "

"I'm sure Wouts departure is currently scoring three points on the rankings and I also think of the qualification [for the] group league Europa League. "

Tevor

Great read, thanks for that. Just a shame we'll only have him for two years!
Many a player has decided to stay in Oz for the lifestyle etc. so not 100% maybe 75% chance he will go back. Lets not forget the girlfriend's influence like Ninkovic, I recall his better half had a big say in staying in Oz.

Rowdy

Zwanny, unfortunately for both him & us came to CCM at 35yo, he absolutely loved the club, it's culture and most importantly THE COAST.
..... which is why he STILLS 'calls it home' .

If the team can show good improvement across the 2 years that we've signed him & Brama himself can see the impact he has made within that rise, then still at a good age of 33yo, he'll still have something to offer in playing longevity & also maybe to prove (like Zwanny winning a Championship) - to then decide to sign on for a contract extension with CCM

.... rather than go to the likes of Syd or City for more $$$'s (it's not like they havent raided our cupboard in the past :rolleyes:)

It will all come down to 'Club, Culture & The Coast':
Club - Charlesworth keeping Okon/Okon keeping Brama

Culture - Okon edging the team up the ladder over the next 2 years.

Coast: Brama either falling in love with us or being lured by the 'bright lights' to the South. ;)

Woollybutt

We'll see. A lot will happen in those 2 years.
True, but from the article Brama seems like a guy who knows exactly what he wants. Insisting on the get-out clause at Zwolle and Utrecht, turning down a three year deal and the chance to play Europa League, etc. makes me think that when he says he's here for two years then back to the Netherlands to finish his career and get into coaching, then in two years time he'll do exactly that.

Up to now I'd been thinking that, at his age, we might get five years out of him, but reading that I've reset my hopes a little bit. But maybe I'm just a pessimist!

NoDiggity

Interesting to see the big fella down at centre of excellence for the Mariners training today

Attachments

• IMG_5280.JPG
    IMG_5280.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 38

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member