• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Rowdy

I'm so excited about this season I'm actually going to get Fox Sports this time round instead of just relying on crap internet streams!!
Getting a Fox subscription is actually an additional way to support the A-League, your money goes towards higher viewership numbers, which in turn means bigger $$$'s for clubs through the Media Rights Deal.

It's a 'win, win, win' ...... & you'll be wondering how ?? you got by without it.

Rowdy

In fact, with a Fox subscription you'll get even more out of supporting the Mariners by being able to watch all other games of opposition teams, which I've found over the years to be of additional benefit in gauging how the Y&B are travelling in regards to the rest of the league.

Tip:
Make sure you definitely watch the Wanderer's v Glory game as well that first weekend of Rnd:1
......... as CCM play the 'Drive-Bys' the following week.

& then be sure to not miss the Glory v Scum in Rnd:2 as we face the Glory after that.
.... & so on, & so on ;) for every team we play 'the following week', helps to see where we might win games and conversely where we could possibly lose games.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, Alan Barro is El Capitano, fair enough, I thought Rosie might have got it , nice gesture to have Monty hand over the arm band....and to the arsehat in the crowd who booed , bash it up your arse you f**ktard

scottmac

Suspended
So, Alan Barro is El Capitano, fair enough, I thought Rosie might have got it , nice gesture to have Monty hand over the arm band....and to the arsehat in the crowd who booed , bash it up your arse you f**ktard
Wow. Someone booed our new captian? f**k me that's pathetic

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I know some people think that captaincy should go to somebody with more history with the club. But for me, leadership > loyalty here. The captain has too big an impact - this isn't U/12 where the captain just does a coin toss. History should be a considering factor, but not the most important one.
Poor form to be booing it though. No class.

Wombat

I know some people think that captaincy should go to somebody with more history with the club. But for me, leadership > loyalty here. The captain has too big an impact - this isn't U/12 where the captain just does a coin toss. History should be a considering factor, but not the most important one.
Poor form to be booing it though. No class.

The Captaincy should have nothing to do with history/loyalty.

Its should only be about leadership and individual quality.

Baro was the obvious Captain for me.

pjennings

1 Ben Kennedy
2 Storm Roux
3 Josh Rose
4 Jake McGing
5 Anthony Golcec
6 Tom Hiariej
7 Andrew Hoole
8 Blake Powell
9 Asdrubal
10 Daniel De Silva
11 Connor Pain
12 Trent Buhagiar
13 Kwabena Appiah-Kubi
14 Adam Berry
15 Alan Baro
16 Liam Rose
17 Josh Bingham
18 Tom Glover
19 Harry Ascroft
20 Adam Pearce
21 Kye Rowles
23 Wout Brama

JoyfulPenguin

Interesting to see that Blake Powell still holds a low number, while I'm probably reading way too much into it, does that mean he may have more of a role than we all suspect he will have?

localpom

Interesting to see that Blake Powell still holds a low number, while I'm probably reading way too much into it, does that mean he may have more of a role than we all suspect he will have?
I'd like to think so. We are really lacking in forwards if Asdrubal is injured. Blake still has alot to give when he is fit.

Big Al

Think that's more about who was left and hadn't come before preseason where numbers start getting handed out.

Wout is in the 20's and Baro is 15.

The 9 and 10 get sorted of held buy the others just seem to positional or timing

Ozhammer

I still like powell . I can see someone subing for astro man 9 . After 70 or so
I would like to see Powell given some game time as a central striker, as we were definitely playing him out of position last season due to the inevitability of Roy O being our CF each week. The guy was tearing it up in that position at the Nux the year before and good players don't simply turn bad but can look ordinary if you utilise them poorly. Given that Roy O was (imo) already in the departure lounge for the final few weeks of last season, PO should have given Powell a go as the No. 9 but I seem to recall he was injured at the time?

If Powell can be Utilised as Asdrubal's understudy, I think that could work well for us. Whether he would a capable enough replacement if the Asdrubal experiment fails is another question altogether though.

pjennings

I would like to see Powell given some game time as a central striker, as we were definitely playing him out of position last season due to the inevitability of Roy O being our CF each week. The guy was tearing it up in that position at the Nux the year before and good players don't simply turn bad but can look ordinary if you utilise them poorly. Given that Roy O was (imo) already in the departure lounge for the final few weeks of last season, PO should have given Powell a go as the No. 9 but I seem to recall he was injured at the time?

If Powell can be Utilised as Asdrubal's understudy, I think that could work well for us. Whether he would a capable enough replacement if the Asdrubal experiment fails is another question altogether though.

He actually wasn't that great at Wellington. 23 games for 8 goals. I f you don't include one game against WSW it is 4 goals from 22 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred