• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

scottmac

Suspended
Not sure why we would want to play Liam at left back???
Josh Rose is a skilled and experienced player and showed showed great links with Pain and Hoole the other night. We would not bring a guy like than in if not to play him. L Rose will play cb or midfield

ZedSpecials

Seems to me we did not play up to 6 maybe 7 players who will be in the first 11... in the Blacktown game...

Add Glover, Rowles, the two Dutchies, our new striker, plus DDS, push Rosebud to left back and we have a totally different team... whats screams off the page is if we have have a run of injuries to key players hhhhmmm ..

Arguably the most important member of our squad this year will be the fitness coach in keeping our top say 6 players on the park..

totally agree mate

Had our little talent search, opened the billfold and given the new coach a chance to build his squad.

Being the thrifty spenders we are though any injuries this year will be dearly bought and harshly felt.

Gotta be tip top fresh for the grand final.

dibo

I have no idea why people think Liam Rose would be playing left back. And we have two or three other players who have actually played there before: Josh Rose, Antony Golec, Kye Rowles.

GK: Glover / Kennedy / Pearce
RB: Roux / [maybe Alessi?] --- CB: Baro / Golec / L.Rose / Ascroft --- LB: J.Rose / Rowles
DM: Hiariej / Brama / McGing / Berry
RW: Hoole / Buhagiar --- AM: de Silva / Powell --- LW: Pain / Appiah
CS: Asdrubal / Bingham​

There's a fair degree of flexibility through the spine - we can cover most spots reasonably. We're skinny at striker, but there are enough options up in the front 4 that we might play some different shapes and strategies up there if Asdrubal is missing for a time.

We definitely need cover at RB though, so I'd be surprised at this point if we didn't sign Alessi. Ascroft seems to be gone too, so CB cover wouldn't hurt.

localpom

I have no idea why people think Liam Rose would be playing left back. And we have two or three other players who have actually played there before: Josh Rose, Antony Golec, Kye Rowles.

RB: Roux / [maybe Alessi?] --- CB: Baro / Golec / L.Rose / Ascroft --- LB: J.Rose / Rowles

There's a fair degree of flexibility through the spine - we can cover most spots reasonably. We're skinny at striker, but there are enough options up in the front 4 that we might play some different shapes and strategies up there if Asdrubal is missing for a time.

We definitely need cover at RB though, so I'd be surprised at this point if we didn't sign Alessi. Ascroft seems to be gone too, so CB cover wouldn't hurt.
I'm honestly baffled why we let Adelson go. Unless it was his decision to try and get first team action.

Rowdy

I'm honestly baffled why we let Adelson go. Unless it was his decision to try and get first team action.

I expressed the exact same sentiments to priorpeter on the train trip to Blacktown on wed nite.

He was of the opinion that the club/Okon were leaning on the 'big gamble' side of things, on keeping Adelson, taking heavily into consideration his x2 serious knee breakdowns.

After watching him in the pre-season game v Nix down @ Knox Grammar, I was blown away with his speed & game play that day
.......... so to was Ernie Merrick :cool:.
- then tragedy struck.

Apparently JA put in a stellar performance off of the bench in 5-1 win against Broadmeadow Magic during his recent 3 week trial at the Jets.

That probably re-confirmed what Ernie saw from Jake at Knox a year earlier.

With you on this one, was looking forward to watching him play a string of gamrs in the Y&B.
Shame :-|

Rowdy

In typical HAL 'revolving door' fashion,
The Scum have told their fullback Daniel Alessi he's welcome to find a new home ........ & some (on here) have suggested he fill the hole Adelson leaving just created.

Go figure.

Rowdy

From the FFA Cup game thread, I posed the question of CCM 's 'Captaincy for 2017/18 Season' with Monty now gone, proposing either of our 2 new Dutch signings to create a new spark in our 'team mentality'

After a bit of research, it seems Wout Brama has the pedigree, wearing the armband for periods at FC Twente, PEC Zwolle and Utrecht respectively.

images-1.jpg

pjennings

RB is definitely a bit of a problem area and one that we can't easily fix without hurting another area. Alessi is not the answer but Jake Adelson may have been :( McGing has played at RB while Roux was away. TBH having him wider and away from the middle of the field is a bit of a relief. Similarly Golec has played at LB and looked pretty good, certainly better than his performance the other night where he looked lost. To me Liam and Kye are both better choices at CB than Golec. Kye may also prove to be a better LB option.

RB: Roux / McGing --- CB: Baro / Rowles / L.Rose / Ascroft --- LB: J.Rose / Golec
DM: Hiariej / Brama / Berry
RW: Hoole /Appiah --- AM: de Silva / Powell --- LW: Pain / Buhagiar
CS: Asdrubal / Bingham
It should also be noted that Tommy has played nearly 40 matches at RB.

Gratis

Captain - Baro, Brama (language may be an issue though) or Hiariej.
Can't remember who's on 2 year contract and who's on 1.
Obviously need all the boys together for a while for the gaffer to call that one

Pirate Pete

Captain - Baro, Brama (language may be an issue though) or Hiariej.
Can't remember who's on 2 year contract and who's on 1.
Obviously need all the boys together for a while for the gaffer to call that one

Wout & Tommy both on 2 years I think.
That Spanish bloke on one year.
Did anyone else hear 96.3 coast FM before the game.
They were saying that Wout's deal with us wasn't supposed to be announced until after the Blacktown game.
I think they said that Wout announced it on the Saturday night and the Mariners were left scrambling to get a press release out.
They also seemed to think he'd be one of the best players in the A league and were amazed it wasn't getting as much coverage
as Miligan going to Victory.

Big Al

Wout & Tommy both on 2 years I think.
That Spanish bloke on one year.
Did anyone else hear 96.3 coast FM before the game.
They were saying that Wout's deal with us wasn't supposed to be announced until after the Blacktown game.
I think they said that Wout announced it on the Saturday night and the Mariners were left scrambling to get a press release out.
They also seemed to think he'd be one of the best players in the A league and were amazed it wasn't getting as much coverage
as Miligan going to Victory.
Yeah on Twitter Shaun or club said the news broke in Hollland so they felt they needed to announce

Ozhammer

Yeah on Twitter Shaun or club said the news broke in Hollland so they felt they needed to announce
The plan as I understand it was always to announce it last Thursday off the back of our FFA Cup victory, in order to drive memberships. Well in hindsight I guess it may have helped soften the blow of the actual result but what's done is done. Hopefully Paolo can learn the lessons and know when to make personnel changes better in the coming season.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
From the FFA Cup game thread, I posed the question of CCM 's 'Captaincy for 2017/18 Season' with Monty now gone, proposing either of our 2 new Dutch signings to create a new spark in our 'team mentality'

After a bit of research, it seems Wout Brama has the pedigree, wearing the armband for periods at FC Twente, PEC Zwolle and Utrecht respectively.

View attachment 870
Yep, can confirm about Wouts captaincy stints, matter of fact my cousin in KNVB country asked if that was his job at the Mariners

adz

Staff member
It was a big turnover this season - hopefully next season is more stable so we won't have to be bringing in a whole heap of new players into the preseason anyway.

Insertnamehere

FFA cup starts too early :(
Given the round of 32 stretches over like 4 wks it could probs start a month later and compress it into 2 wks or something like that.
In saying that how many warmup games had we played.? 3 or 4? Plus a month of preseason training. Should imo be enough to beat NPL teams.

pjennings

FFA Cup R32 should start 2 weeks later and the HAL should start 1 week later. On the October FIFA date stage a double header with a Socceroo Friendly and the FFA Cup Grand Final. Most HAL squads are only getting close to complete by 26th July - it is too early, an extra 2 weeks will help the HAL teams and concluding earlier will help any lower division team getting through.

Using this year as an example the
FFA R32 should be starting on 8th and 9th August concluding on 15th and 15th August.
FFA R16 should be on 22nd and concluding on 23rd August.
FFA QFs should be on 12th and concluding on 13th September
FFA SFs should be on 19th and concluding on 20th September
FFA CUP Grand Final and Socceroo Friendly on 7th October

The only extra dates are in bold.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member