• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Wombat

WTF is Lawrie thinking!? I mean I rate Roy - I really do - but spending a 10th of your cap on him when you're in much greater need in other areas just seems insane.
Is he trying to kickstart the derby or something - thinking this win stir up shit or something?

$250k is fair for a 10 goal a season striker.

scottmac

Suspended
That's overs for Roy. His season for me was defined by those he missed not scored. Unless the scum make some significant signings he'll be left without service there. Nabbot there only real stand out this year and he's not known for being an unselfish creator.
Good luck Roy ya f**king scum c**t

bikinigirl

Who makes up this crap?

. maybe ego was just the wrong choice of word ... influence maybe? (respect if i was to be even more controversial ... but that is not my intention)

. IF ego is a problem between Okon and Monty i would not be jumping to the conclusion that the problem was Monty's ego

. i'd expect both to be very professional. my concern is that Okon is too professional (read: stand-off-ish) resulting in a potentially frosty relationship

Wombat

So is a 20 Goal a season striker worth $500k?
A 30 Goal a season striker worth $750k?

If so why dont we sign a striker and pay them $25k per goal?;);)

Yes definately. When they score 20-30 per season you make them a Marquee player.

JoyfulPenguin

Don't think they're over paying too badly for Roy, he could easily be a 18+ striker in the right team and watching the Jets play a huge problem they had was finishing even when they were winning, someone Roy should help solve that.

Pirate Pete

Don't think they're over paying too badly for Roy, he could easily be a 18+ striker in the right team and watching the Jets play a huge problem they had was finishing even when they were winning, someone Roy should help solve that.

But then again the only reason Roy didn't score more goals this season was his woeful finishing especially in the last few games.
Or even the last two games. Not sure he will solve their problems, hopefully.

Big Al

But then again the only reason Roy didn't score more goals this season was his woeful finishing especially in the last few games.
Or even the last two games. Not sure he will solve their problems, hopefully.
Yeah by was that because he was already a double agent?

He is definitely prone to missing sitters but makes up for that with the ones he does score. He also leads from the front with his hustle (when applying himself and not contract distracted).
I find him similar to Berisha in that he does those exact same things except he gets into better positions more often

Pirate Pete

He is definitely prone to missing sitters but makes up for that with the ones he does score. He also leads from the front with his hustle (when applying himself and not contract distracted).
I find him similar to Berisha in that he does those exact same things except he gets into better positions more often

The thought of him being a double agent did cross my mind when he missed a couple against Newcastle.
However he was off his game against Victory too. I would have thought Okon knew he was going
before the game on Friday. Still had faith in him to play for us, or didn't fancy Bingers.

scottmac

Suspended

No he doesn't make up for it. He had basically the same amount of shots on target as berisha and bes has the golden boot. For those of you thinking he's going to be some miracle man in a new team you're very mistaken.
f**k Roy let's start speculating about new players.

nebakke

$250k is fair for a 10 goal a season striker.

I think you're missing my point... It's not necessarily that I have an issue with a $250k price mark on Royo as such... It's that I think the Jest have strikers capable of performing at a similar level already, yet they have failed to perform this season... So I was/am questioning wtf Lawrie is doing chasing hard for a quality striker, when means of getting the ball up that way is a shambles.
I mean, for all the good that Roy has done when on-target, this season, he clearly isn't a particularly ball-winning-and-playing type player, so at this point there's little to suggest that he'll greatly improve their team, yet they've gone at him hard from the start.
At this point in time, they'll have the same problem as w did... They're currently playing one o their strikers as a make-shift #10 and they don't really have an effective means of bringing the ball forward.
A high-scoring striker is obviously always nice to have on the books, but for mine, I'd have thought their focus - much like ours - would've been much greater further back on the pitch.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

. maybe ego was just the wrong choice of word ... influence maybe? (respect if i was to be even more controversial ... but that is not my intention)

. IF ego is a problem between Okon and Monty i would not be jumping to the conclusion that the problem was Monty's ego

. i'd expect both to be very professional. my concern is that Okon is too professional (read: stand-off-ish) resulting in a potentially frosty relationship
If? Does anybody have any indication that it is?

No he doesn't make up for it. He had basically the same amount of shots on target as berisha and bes has the golden boot. For those of you thinking he's going to be some miracle man in a new team you're very mistaken.
f**k Roy let's start speculating about new players.

Couldn't agree more. I always felt like he'd be dangerous if he actually learned how to shoot. But he's not that great a shot - he has probably been flattered by the lack of goalscoring competition in the team, penalties, and support from players around him feeding him good balls. Take as many shots as he does and some are going to accidentally wind up in the net.

So on one hand it means that with the right coaching he could be good. Or it could go the other way and in another team he'll be completely mediocre. Work hard but not do much.

Wants to go to Jets? f*** off then you Judas prick.
I'm still annoyed at Okon for playing him for the last few games and not pulling him off the field in disgrace, given he had already mentally checked out and didn't appear to give a stuff.

Genuinely, not that sorry to see him go. Gets into position well and works hard, but doesn't have the flair/close control that we're missing up front, is almost guaranteed to miss every easy shot you throw at him, Doesn't have a clue where the offside line is (most offsides in the HAL this season) and an appalling disciplinary record (although at least he worked on that this season). Good riddance, we can do better. He'll cop it next season.

I seriously can't decide whether I should be angry that he went to the Jets, or laugh because it's so absurd that he actually WANTED to go there.

somebody better sit him on his arse next derby. Actually, he should bring a bit of fire to it which will be fun.

pjennings

Well I wish Roy and his family all the best. I hope he scores heaps of goals for the scum except against us .....

while they lose every game:pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

Big Al

Well I wish Roy and his family all the best. I hope he scores heaps of goals for the scum except against us .....

while they lose every game:pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:
Roy's a good guy, was good for us, I wish him well but as soon as that's jets shirt goes on I'll show him my lack of vocabulary

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred