• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

sydmariner

Christ man! And you thought me suggesting Morten Nordstrand was bad!?
He's been played out of position this whole season - in same role as Nicholls - and he's managed more goals.

Not to mention that Nicholls is right up there with Bosnar and Reddy.
Do we still have the "no dickheads policy".

Pirate Pete

Do we still have the "no dickheads policy".

I think we'll soon have a "if you can turn up on time and want to play for policy"
icon_cry.gif

In fact it may be "if you can turn up on time".

I'll get me boots

Wombat

He's been played out of position this whole season - in same role as Nicholls - and he's managed more goals.

Calm yourself down Nebakke.
He is worth considering.
Pluses...
Ex Socceroo. Can score a goal. Technically sound.
Negatives....
A bit soft and a bit of a dickhead.

I didnt think you suggesting Nordsrand was bad. However he is not a player that i rate that highly and he is a Scummer.

Wombat

Perth Glory have re-signed Castro for another year.

Glory also annouced the departure of 10 first team players with Dino Djulbic, Richard Garcia, Lucian Goian, Nebojsa Marinkovic, Mitch Oxborrow, Jordan Thurtell, Kosta Petratos, Josh Risdon, Aryn Williams and Rhys Williams all leaving the club.

Three new signings were also confirmed, with Scott Neville, Jacob Poscoliero and Joe Knowles signing on.

Shit we just lost a good player.....and I lost a customer:(

Forum Phoenix

Monty is a great player and a great man.

So I'd be stunned to think he was 'forced' into anything he didn't want. Though he may well have been asked to choose. Fair enough if there was a role on offer.

When did you last speak to him about it Wombat? Was this deal on the table then?

When a club employs someone in a very significant and pivotal role working directly with their major stake holders - it isn't usually a sign that they've just been rorted and forced against their will. You'd be crazy to think that would be a foundation to build on. He's 35, club favourite or not, they were under no obligation to soften the blow if they no longer wanted him,

Imo we have pretty clearly swapped another good year of monty on the pitch for a bigger broader investment and return into the club.

And he has swapped another year of pro football and one years guaranteec wages - for a long term vital role with greater job security for him and his family in a place they have already settled. That's great imo.

One conversation with someone cannot capture everything, because other things change, and people's positions on important decisions like retirement subsequently change in relation to those variables.

I think the club has done well, so has monty, and as long as PO can adequately replace him, so have we.

Disappointed to see the outrage on here.

f**k montys loyalty and retirement statements was all class any way you look at it though.

Holy

Now that the dust has settled, could Monty be 1st appointment of the strengthening of the football dept we all have desperately yearning for?

Reading through his speech, he mentioned that every other Aleague club has someone in the role he has just accepted.

We now one have too with Monty, who will no doubt perform this role with the same tenacity as he did as a player. We should be excited about that.

Shaun also sounded pretty excited on the podcast about the upcoming season, so there seems to some positives starting to appear.

midfielder

Glory players released

PLAYERS DEPARTING

• Dino DJULBIC
• Richard GARCIA (retirement)
• Lucian GOIAN (short term injury replacement)
• Nebosja MARINKOVIC
• Mitch OXBORROW
• Jordan THURTELL
• Kosta PETRATOS (to Newcastle Jets)
• Josh RISDON
• Aryn WILLIAMS
• Rhys WILLIAMS

Wombat

I'm suprised about Djulbic. He looked like a beast. Good swap for Posco?

Last edited:

Wombat

Monty is a great player and a great man.

So I'd be stunned to think he was 'forced' into anything he didn't want. Though he may well have been asked to choose. Fair enough if there was a role on offer.

When did you last speak to him about it Wombat? Was this deal on the table then?

When a club employs someone in a very significant and pivotal role working directly with their major stake holders - it isn't usually a sign that they've just been rorted and forced against their will. You'd be crazy to think that would be a foundation to build on. He's 35, club favourite or not, they were under no obligation to soften the blow if they no longer wanted him,

Imo we have pretty clearly swapped another good year of monty on the pitch for a bigger broader investment and return into the club.

And he has swapped another year of pro football and one years guaranteec wages - for a long term vital role with greater job security for him and his family in a place they have already settled. That's great imo.

One conversation with someone cannot capture everything, because other things change, and people's positions on important decisions like retirement subsequently change in relation to those variables.

I think the club has done well, so has monty, and as long as PO can adequately replace him, so have we.

Disappointed to see the outrage on here.

f**k montys loyalty and retirement statements was all class any way you look at it though.

Maybe the week before the Scum game and i'd say the deal was definitely not on the table then.

I'm very excited to still have him at the club and he is pretty switched on in his opinions on certain matters and players. He will be a huge plus for us and he rates Okon as an excellent Coach so they should work well together.

I like your take on the situation, however I think peoples reactions have been totally understandable.

Big Al

I'm suprised about Djulbic. He looked like a beast. Good swap for Posco?
Not the best but ok

He is a good physical dominant force but i worry about the speed of the game with him. Has been caught short a few times and was more 3rd man in for them.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he was in for Posco as long as we got a top quality CB. He is certainly alot better at staying on the park than Posco.

I bet Posco kept the till ticking over, bloke was always injured and would of needed alot of work
Or
Did your girls break him?;)

style_cafe

Nichols is the type of player that you hate in opposition teams.
I put him in a similar category to Hutchison. We loved him but other teams loathed him.
In saying that, I certainly wouldn`t be unhappy to see him with us.
He`s a quality player, durable, exciting & he`s a lot better than what we have
I`m with Wombat on this one....:popcorn:

shipwreck

I can't believe Reddy has still got a job, oh well.

In other news, big job ahead for Paolo, but I get the comforting feeling that he won't just settle for other clubs sloppy seconds, as the "outs" seem to be pretty ruthless from all clubs this off season. Under Walmsley he'd probably have just signed the first 10 names from that Perth list and call stumps for a little holiday.

Ozhammer

Glory players released

PLAYERS DEPARTING

• Dino DJULBIC
• Richard GARCIA (retirement)
• Lucian GOIAN (short term injury replacement)
• Nebosja MARINKOVIC
• Mitch OXBORROW
• Jordan THURTELL
• Kosta PETRATOS (to Newcastle Jets)
• Josh RISDON
• Aryn WILLIAMS
• Rhys WILLIAMS

Marinkovic is the name in that list that we should be looking at, quality bloke and a great footballer (especially with a dead ball), plus he apparently loved coming to the Coast. Goian also looked pretty decent after he was allowed to settle into a single role, although he did pick up a fair few cards.

Forget Rhys Williams, his head will already have been turned by talk of interest from the Smurfs and MVC, plus he would see coming to us as jeopardising his Socceroos chances.

midfielder

Sad to see Jacob go he was a decent player... Dino DJULBIC, Nebosja MARINKOVIC are decent players and would add experience to the squad.

Ancient Mariner

At the beginning of this season it was thought that the rules against bringing overseas youth players into the A-league would soon be changed.

I should have remembered this, and requested the question to be put to Shaun before the last pod cast.

Does anyone have any idea whether we will be able to offer some English youngsters a season out here for experience as was originally planned?

Wombat

Not the best but ok

He is a good physical dominant force but i worry about the speed of the game with him. Has been caught short a few times and was more 3rd man in for them.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he was in for Posco as long as we got a top quality CB. He is certainly alot better at staying on the park than Posco.

I bet Posco kept the till ticking over, bloke was always injured and would of needed alot of work
Or
Did your girls break him?;)

Big Al,

They reckon he was tough as. Could take the punishment without flinching!

Very quiet likeable guy. I really hope he does well in Perth.

Big Al

Big Al,

They reckon he was tough as. Could take the punishment without flinching!

Very quiet likeable guy. I really hope he does well in Perth.
Just a real Shame he couldn't put a few games in a row together. Good luck to him but with an injury history like his it's a decision that needed to be made.

Luca Brasi

Interesting to hear Shaun on the Ramble outline PO's travels - Spain x 2, Belgium, Holland and UK, returning via Melbourne. Hopefully he dropped into Melbourne to sign up Ansell. Perhaps he found a player of interest in Spain to go there twice. I assume he still has contacts in Belgium from his Club Brugge days but I would think he is contacting players he coached with U/20 national team. Stefan Mauk hasn't had a look in at NEC, Cameron Burgess 21 year old CB on loan to Bury from Fulham, Peter Skapetis 21 year old striker at Dover, Curtis Good at Newcastle has been reported as returning to Australia after 2 years of injuries, Giancarlo Gallifuoco was at Torquay and now uncontracted.
We were linked to Joel Chianese however he has just signed again for Glory. Nothing on Cirio yet however player announcements are going to be linked to membership drive. PO will have to sign at least 10 players given the players we have let go, looking at what we have left they will have to be first 11 quality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred