• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 13 - 2017- 2018

Big Al

So Baro and Golec seemed to get the back 4 fortified last two games prior to Thursday where we had the back ups.

After the first couple of games there was talk of us wanting an import CB to fix the defence.

Golec has been very good (to everyone’s surprise). Should we go get that CB and have Golec as back upbor get another position filled? Maybe a LB

Wombat

So Baro and Golec seemed to get the back 4 fortified last two games prior to Thursday where we had the back ups.

After the first couple of games there was talk of us wanting an import CB to fix the defence.

Golec has been very good (to everyone’s surprise). Should we go get that CB and have Golec as back upbor get another position filled? Maybe a LB

Tough one....we are light on at fullback at both sides. Golec has been great the last 3 weeks but was suspect before?

Maybe the money should be spent on a CF.

scottmac

Suspended
Id take Cahill in a heartbeat. He'd get chances with us and like ive said previously in this thread Asdrubal could play on the right. Then Hoole maybe on the left and Pain to the bench or the other way around. We do get some really good balls into the box that are going un-rewarded. With Asdrubal Hoole DeSilva and Cahill all up front we'd be a force and then Pain and Appiah to come off the bench......... Its a nice thought.
Best thing is if you add Cahill, the team doesn't pick itself. Pain has stepped it up in recent weeks and you'd be hard pressed leaving him out.
Cahill though might want to go somewhere that is playing champions league though to extend the season before the world cup

Ancient Mariner

As I understood it Cahill got his megabucks last year (from City and FFA) as part of a forward loaded two year contract and that this year he was playing for peanuts under the cap.
It will be interesting to see if he can rort the system and score $$$$ again this year.

I can see a massive bun fight building.

scottmac

Suspended
It would be a deal similar to what Aloisi got with us. Half a year as a type of marquee.
Now if Melbourne dont release him that's when the bun fight will be. Cahill not playing and rotting away on the bench before the world cup would cause the media to have a fit. Interesting times. I wouldn't be surprised to see FFA make another Cahill rule for this.

Forum Phoenix

Tough one....we are light on at fullback at both sides. Golec has been great the last 3 weeks but was suspect before?

Maybe the money should be spent on a CF.

I think so. In multiple games now if we put away goals when we should have - we’d have killed off teams before they even exerted serious pressure on our backs. You really do invite the momentum swing when you fail to capitalise and if a right winger is our preferred second choice striker then we are too thin in such a crucial position.

L Rose also does well I think. And I think he would do well next to baro as well. Just that the two together... it’s just not enough experience again is it. So to priorotise a new CB obviously has to be clearly better than what we have and so means a CB better than both Golec and L Rose. But if we can keep baro injury free and he can keep himself on the park - I think we’re good to go. But at CF, it’s different. You want the hottest conpetition in the squad for whose starting in that position and you ALWAYS need someone dangerous coming off the bench and capable of the form of your striker dips. Let alone is injured.

We don’t have that. And it’s vital imo.

Last edited:

Wombat

I'm yet to be convinced by L.Rose.
I can see the talent but I don't see a player that can win u a game like Monty, Baro, Tom, DSS, or Asdrubal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred