• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 12 - 2016 - 2017

adz

Staff member
Fox spots mentioned last night PO is about to go on a two week overseas trip sounding out potential Visa players. Sounds like all Visa spots will be available.

Another World Wide Searchthat will lead to Kincumber ...

Wombat

Can we take Morten Nordstrand in a return swap then? For mine that'd be fairly like for like. Then play Bingers as a sub earlier in the second.

I know you are both herring munchers, but he is shit! I'd swap him with the ball boy that mugged off Cahill...thats about it.

nebakke

I know you are both herring munchers, but he is shit! I'd swap him with the ball boy that mugged off Cahill...thats about it.

Haha! I have little national affinity for him - he used to play for AGF... But he did fairly well for them last season i thought.
In fairness it was somewhat tongue in cheek as I genuinely don't think there's an enormous difference in quality between he and Roy. They both strike me as reasonably good standard for A-league and so - I don't understand what the Jest think will change by replacing a forward like for like.

Wombat

Haha! I have little national affinity for him - he used to play for AGF... But he did fairly well for them last season i thought.
In fairness it was somewhat tongue in cheek as I genuinely don't think there's an enormous difference in quality between he and Roy. They both strike me as reasonably good standard for A-league and so - I don't understand what the Jest think will change by replacing a forward like for like.

maybe they like the idea of one that can score goals??:doh:

nebakke

maybe they like the idea of one that can score goals??:doh:

I suppose... Hos conversion rate was actually slightly better than Roy's last season.
Significantly worse this season but then they've been playing him as a #10 quite a bit - which he is not.
I guess my thinking is that he might do better in a better team.
But look, it's not something i pan to campaign for - just that i think they have problems in much the same areas as we do this season and they have plenty of somewhat serviceable forwards yet they choose to strongly target yet another one for their list now rather than perhaps look at their spine. It just seems like both we and they create an unnecessary headache for each other through this rather than at least sticking with serviceable options while the other issues are sorted.

Forum Phoenix

My mail is that the club had extensive talks with Roy/Roy's Manager, and put down a firm offer, However Newcastle's offer was too good to refuse.
If so, the club made genuine attempts to secure him. In the end Roy chose to chase the $'s, this happens in football.

I'm much more concerned about how Monty is being treated.

I heard something very similar also.

Forum Phoenix

For Okon to admit this in a media release does not offer any reassurance that our recruiting for next season will be up to scratch. I agree with BG.

This. Our reputation, our ladder finish for the last few years, our limited financial capacity and the attraction of the squad of players assembled will make recruiting more difficult.

I think its ok that he's outing his inexperience in this regard and think it's maybe being taken a bit the wrong way - because what I read between the lines is that as a coach he's never had to deal with key players losing their focus due to contacts when you've still got so much of the season left and worse not even being able to bench or drop them. Most clubs deal with this issue through their depth. Roy and Izzo would have been dropped weeks ago. But look at us... goal down and our second go to sub is Neil?? What the hell is that? You have to laugh really.

Last edited:

Big Al

I think its ok that he's outing his inexperience in this regard and think it's maybe being taken a bit the wrong way - because what I read between the lines is that as a coach he's never had to deal with key players losing their focus due to contacts when you've still got so much of the season left and worse not even being able to bench or drop them. Most clubs deal with this issue through their depth. Roy and Izzo would have been dropped weeks ago. Bit look at us... goal down and our second go to sub is Neil?? What the hell is that? You have to laugh really.
Makes you think was it a pitty sub, last game for the club tries really hard deserves one last game but just not good enough for our side next year

Tevor

Don't think there is any doubt we wanted him, tried but just didn't have the cash
Not sure he is worth a lot more either, as others have mentioned I doubt he will be golden boot winning material. Jets desperate and throwing a lot of money around which doesn't guarantee success. At least PO will be looking for hidden talent etc.

FFC Mariner

To be honest, if what we offered is true we can at least do as well, arguably better.

For what he has allegedly signed for, you are looking at a top drawer marksman

Forum Phoenix

I think Roy will continue to score where ever he goes and he's a good hard working (usually) signing. But the Jets have a lot bigger problems than their striker. Coach for one.

Such a basket case - really do seem to have lost all sense of who they are/were.

Lawrie needs to get them to remember their glory days.

Change the strip back to poo gold.
Hire a delusional green grocer to run then.
Find the biggest wankas in the Southern Hemisphere and give them a jersey.
Pay 5000 bogans to jump around for 90 minutes every home game.
And start paying bonuses in mangoes once again.

Build it... and they will come Lawrie.

Last edited:

Big Al

Roy Has announced on Instagram he has left
Some good wishes from the fans to, well what my wife read to me anyway

Last edited:

Wombat

For me Ivan and Pasfield are EXACTLY the same. You dont want to see them play but if they come in due to an injury, you hope for the best.
Bray and kennedy are both better than Ivan but we need a real starting 11 keeper next season.
You didn't anger me with your McGing suggestion......................but you are misguided. Tries hard but has the composure of an 8yo.
God I hope he proves me wrong tonight coz he is starting at CB. I'm not holding my breath.

And he didnt let me down nebakke......when it comes to proving my point. do you see how one individual error can cost us a game?

Roux, McGing and Ascroft all serve up too many mistakes. It does my head in.

When you play in the back 5, you simply cannot make mistakes. Even around the box you have to temper your tackles......up the other end it doesn't matter so much.

nebakke

And he didnt let me down nebakke......when it comes to proving my point. do you see how one individual error can cost us a game?

I do see and i never denied that - I also think that mcGing has been quite passable in CDM for the most part - never suggested that he should be in CB... Clearly that's not hos best spot and clearly we need some quality there - that was my point :)

scottmac

Suspended

Roux, McGing and Ascroft all serve up too many mistakes. It does my head in.

When you play in the back 5, you simply cannot make mistakes. Even around the box you have to temper your tackles......up the other end it doesn't matter so much.
The 3 you list are all f**king young. You'll get mistakes. Now that they, mcging and roux in particular, have quite a few games under their belt those mistakes will become less. Put in some hard core experience at cb or keeper to marshal the defence and you've got the formula which made sainsbury. Sains was f**king scary when he first started for us and look what happened.

Reactions: adz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred