• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

pjennings

Given 6 NSW games, a NYE game, 14 home games, 12 at CCS, 1 at NSO, 1 in TAS

This would do me - day of week usually not important except for NYE and Australia Day though Saturday 7pm is my preference.

Saturday, 10 October 2015---CCS---MVC
Saturday, 24 October 2015---CCS--- NUJ
Friday, 6 November 2015----NSO---ROAR
Saturday, 21 November 2015-CCS--- SFC
Saturday, 5 December 2015-- CCS---NIX
Saturday, 19 December 2015-CCS---WSW
Thursday, 31 December 2015-CCS---MCI
Saturday, 9 January 2016-----CCS---GLY
Tuesday, 26 January 2016 ----CCS---ADL
Saturday, 6 February 2016-- --CCS--- SFC
Saturday, 20 February 2016---TAS---MVC
Saturday, 5 March 2016--------CCS---NUJ
Saturday, 19 March 2016------ CCS---ROAR
Saturday, 2 April 2016--------- CCS---WSW

6 NSW games at Gosford
all 9 the other teams seen at Gosford
low drawing Melb City on NYE
low drawing Adelaide on Australia Day - make it part of Australia Day celebrations
Glory and NIX should be the only low drawing games in Gosford

P.S. Mods - sorry - we seem to have strayed from the purpose of the thread.:oops:

Last edited:

bobandbill

Central Coast players Zac Anderson, Isaka Cernak, Hayden Morton, Richard Vernes, Tom Slater and Dejan Pandurevic are set to be released by the club as the Mariners rebuild their roster for next season.

Anderson, Cernak, Morton and Pandurvic are all off-contract and join Matt Simon, Travis Major and Brent Griffiths to exit the club, with captain John Hutchinson already retired.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/walmsley-wields-axe-central-coast-clear-out

Only Cernak, maybe Vernes to give another chance given his injury run from that list I might have kept personally.

(Hi btw).

midfielder

Anderson, Cernak, Morton, Pandurvic, Matt Simon, Travis Major, Brent Griffiths with Vernes and Slater leaving by mutual consent with Hutchinson retired.

That's 10 players who aside from Hutch and Vernes you think were not on huge money ....

I also assume Tricky and Sim are not on big money ... this must open up something in the kitty for new players...

midfielder

In the 442 article Bonsar's name was not mentioned... meaning I guess at this stage he is here next season ....

midfielder

Contracts expiring (7)

Eddy Bosnar, Zac Anderson, Hayden Morton, Dejan Pandurevic, Travis Major (now gone), Matt Simon, Isaka Cernak

Current squad as far as I know

2016 (9)
Mathew Nash
Liam Reddy
Matt Sim
Anthony Kalik
Jake McGing
Liam Rose
Richard Vernes
Tom Slater
Josh Bingham

2017 (9)
Joshua Rose
Michael Neill
Jacob Poscoliero
Storm Roux
Nick Montgomery
Anthony Caceres
Glen Trifiro
Nick Fitzgerald
Fabio Ferriera

Left I guess is the Bonsar who if he has not been released or resigned is waiting to see if we can find a new CB...

2016 (9)
Mathew Nash
Liam Reddy
Matt Sim
Anthony Kalik
Jake McGing
Liam Rose
Josh Bingham

2017 (9)
Joshua Rose
Michael Neill
Jacob Poscoliero
Storm Roux
Nick Montgomery
Anthony Caceres
Glen Trifiro
Nick Fitzgerald
Fabio Ferriera

Big Al

Cernak as a sub would be only one that I'd have kept but money plays a part.
Are we going through another year of pain to get the squad cleaned out? Thought Cernak still had year or two left so are payouts going to hamstring the squad budget?

Should be interesting off season at least

VicMariner

I'm sorry to see Cernak go, I quite liked him.

Interesting thing about Bosnar - by my count (which could be wrong) he is equal top scorer for the club this season.
Does not say much about our striker talent but it's always good to have a CB who contributes goals.

dibo

So...

Contracts expiring (7, 6 relased)

Eddy Bosnar,
Zac Anderson, Hayden Morton, Dejan Pandurevic, Travis Major, Matt Simon, Isaka Cernak (all now gone)

2016 (9, 2 released)
Mathew Nash
Liam Reddy
Matt Sim
Anthony Kalik
Jake McGing
Liam Rose
Richard Vernes (released by mutual agreement)
Tom Slater (released by mutual agreement)

Josh Bingham

2017 (9)
Joshua Rose
Michael Neill
Jacob Poscoliero
Storm Roux
Nick Montgomery
Anthony Caceres
Glen Trifiro
Nick Fitzgerald
Fabio Ferriera

So we've got 17 contracted. There's some room to move...

VicMariner

It would be nice to recruit sooner than later so we could have a better crack at the FFA cup and bed the team down more for next season.

greenlig

Ah, sorry to see Vernes go. No idea what's going to happen next. Wouldn't be surprised if we snapped up a bunch of NPL players. It's riveting drama here in Gosford.

localpom

So...

Contracts expiring (7, 6 relased)

Eddy Bosnar,
Zac Anderson, Hayden Morton, Dejan Pandurevic, Travis Major, Matt Simon, Isaka Cernak (all now gone)

2016 (9, 2 released)
Mathew Nash
Liam Reddy
Matt Sim
Anthony Kalik
Jake McGing
Liam Rose
Richard Vernes (released by mutual agreement)
Tom Slater (released by mutual agreement)

Josh Bingham

2017 (9)
Joshua Rose
Michael Neill
Jacob Poscoliero
Storm Roux
Nick Montgomery
Anthony Caceres
Glen Trifiro
Nick Fitzgerald
Fabio Ferriera

So we've got 17 contracted. There's some room to move...
With quality signings and 3 or 4 Evertonians thats the basis of a good squad for next season. Possibly 2 or 3 players can go to youth league as well? Not too sure on the details with that. Don't know much on McGing, is he similar potential to the other kids like Rose,Kalick, Neill? What i like is that most players left are 1st 11 standard or can be. Nash,Sim, Trif (who i rate and hope he gets more chances) are the only ones i think are genuine squaddies. Bingham and McGing maybe to come through a bit next year.

dibo

Potential starting XI before new signings:

-----------Reddy-----------
Roux Bosnar Rose Neill
-------Rose Monty--------
--Ferreira Caceres Fitz--
------------Kalik------------

go you yellow

Potential starting XI before new signings:

-----------Reddy-----------
Roux Bosnar Rose Neill
-------Rose Monty--------
--Ferreira Caceres Fitz--
------------Kalik------------

that doesn't feel threatening up front - so in need of a #9 and right midfielder who can score, players who Kalik and Fitz can pressure but who rightfully need to be the #1 choice in those positions

localpom

The other right? ;)
I've got faith in Fitzy coming good. His all round game has improved, he's a great team player, still young and is popular with the fans. All he has to do is score more. What i like is he either creates his own chances or gets in the right positions. Once he starts scoring he will get more confident and won't look back. As far as the squad goes....2 CB's, 2 strikers of decent quality are a must. A back up maybe for DM unless Triff or McGing can be.

adz

Staff member
I like Fitzy too, just doesn't seem confident enough to take shots on goal. Will be good to see if he starts backing himself a bit more.

localpom

Should have kept Cernak.
He's the one i would have kept too but i'm thinking it's all about cash. Freeing some up to be able to sign the players that are absolutely critical to make us competitive again. To be fair we have Fitzy, and maybe Rosey (If Neill makes LB his own which i think he will) on the left and Sim is still contracted. I'll reserve judgement once the full squad starts taking shape. I'm sure Cernak will get a gig somewhere after his late season form.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred