• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

VicMariner

Safuwan Baharudin did not get his loan renewed by City.
I thought he was well up to HAL level and would make a decent squaddie at least.

Roy Law

In what way do you want MC to open his cheque book?
Marquee? we simply don't do them, and until the last two seasons we have not needed to
Visa player -Kim, Mane, Vernes? at least we got Ferreira right.
Apparently, and I do not understand this, we have some overpaid Australian players on our roster hindering Walmsley's ability to recruit. And yet Hutch is off the list, Simon too; both on decent coin. And we have yet to replace Duke.
I think we have the money if spent wisely.

Roy Law

Safuwan Baharudin did not get his loan renewed by City.
I thought he was well up to HAL level and would make a decent squaddie at least.
Why would you waste a valuable visa spot with a squaddie?
We have Monty, Ferreira plus two from Everton, plus for the time being Vernes. Each visa player has to be a serious contributor to the run on eleven; not a player for which a local Aussie can be as good.

VicMariner

Marquee? we simply don't do them, and until the last two seasons we have not needed to
Visa player -Kim, Mane, Vernes? at least we got Ferreira right.
Apparently, and I do not understand this, we have some overpaid Australian players on our roster hindering Walmsley's ability to recruit. And yet Hutch is off the list, Simon too; both on decent coin. And we have yet to replace Duke.
I think we have the money if spent wisely.
I'm not asking for a marquee, just to spend near the full cap as I believe we currently spend at the minimum.
Why would you waste a valuable visa spot with a squaddie?
We have Monty, Ferreira plus two from Everton, plus for the time being Vernes. Each visa player has to be a serious contributor to the run on eleven; not a player for which a local Aussie can be as good.
You're right, I actually forgot about the visa restrictions. :oops:
But..I did say at least a squaddie. I think he is a bit better than that and will improve with time. However you are right, visa spots should go to highest quality players possible.

Yoda

I think now is the time to bring in a genuine marquee player. Someone recognisable and marketable. We need a player that will put bums on seats that fills the gaps in our squad (ie an out-and-out striker or AM). We are currently hovering around crowds 6.5k - 7.5k consistently, with our average crowds being closer to 10k with the help of our northern and southern neighbours. We will probably only have 3 derby games next season so we really need someone to bring in the crowds for games against Perth, Adelaide and Wellington particularly. I honestly don't know who that player is, but we need to spend some coin to make some coin, the "Del Piero effect" so to speak. Anyone have suggestions for that ideal marquee player for the coast????

Wombat

Janko, I think that he's off contract @ the end of the season.
Good player but won't put bums on seats apart from the fact that he will score 10+ in a season. ....Therefore putting us into the finals series.....an coasties like to follow a winning team.
I heard he was on 1.5m at bling and I believe we paid Aloisi 600k. .....so I don't think he is feasible.

Wombat

I think now is the time to bring in a genuine marquee player. Someone recognisable and marketable. We need a player that will put bums on seats that fills the gaps in our squad (ie an out-and-out striker or AM). We are currently hovering around crowds 6.5k - 7.5k consistently, with our average crowds being closer to 10k with the help of our northern and southern neighbours. We will probably only have 3 derby games next season so we really need someone to bring in the crowds for games against Perth, Adelaide and Wellington particularly. I honestly don't know who that player is, but we need to spend some coin to make some coin, the "Del Piero effect" so to speak. Anyone have suggestions for that ideal marquee player for the coast????

Ex EPL would be great. Peter Crouch, Andy Johnson....someone of that standard who would enjoy a couple of seasons in the sun before they retire

pjennings

Ex EPL would be great. Peter Crouch, Andy Johnson....someone of that standard who would enjoy a couple of seasons in the sun before they retire
The right marquee would add to the team. double our crowds, increase our sponsorship and increase our merchandise sales. The extra money could then be used to attract better players. The right one, if high profile enough, could basically be paid from a major sponsor attracted by him. Unfortunately there are not many of the 'right marquees' that are attainable.

If we are going after a marquee for these reasons it must be a household name. If we are going after a marquee as an accounting loop hole then we would be better off strengthening the squad all round.

pjennings

I think Wilko's contract is up soon.

I'd love Wilko to come back but won't be holding my breath.

CBs of Wilkinson, Galloway (Everton), Poscoliero and Candell-Sherriff certainly look a lot more solid than Poscoliero, Bosnar, Anderson and Griffiths.

Wombat

Hutchinson, Simon, Griffiths, Major all gone; Anderson probably gone
Morton and Vernes likely to go;
That's seven players, a big chunk of any squad, freeing up salary cap space. Not that short of cash IMO.

And Duke and hopefully Bosnar.

dibo

We will have two home games against each of the other three NSW teams (had one each, then two each, then one each...), and if the talk from the club about us lobbying hard for a NYE game last year was at all true, we will surely have a NYE game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred