• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Capt. Awesome

Phenix don't want to pay up.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...fident-of-mcglinchey-deal-20140822-3e4lu.html

The Wellington Phoenix are disappointed with a Football Federation Australia ruling that Michael McGlinchey is still contracted to the Central Coast Mariners but remain confident he will be on their books when the A-League kicks off.

The saga over the All Whites' attacking midfielder took another twist on Thursday when FFA arbitrator Peter Kite deemed McGlinchey is still legally a Mariner, a decision which will be appealed by the Professional Footballers Association.

Phoenix chief general manager David Dome says the club and player are disappointed by the slow process and the ruling, given the legal advice they have received.

Dome says they will follow the PFA's appeal closely.

"We're confident. We've been very overt throughout the process, we believe we've acted in the best interest of the player," he said.

Confusion hinges around the licence at the Mariners after a change of ownership was announced last year, prompting the club to ask its players to sign new contracts.

McGlinchey, a Mariner since 2009 who was on loan to a Japanese club at the time, didn't sign as he wanted to shift to Wellington and was advised he had become a free agent.

However, the arbitrator ruled he is still contracted to Central Coast's former company as the new ownership has not yet taken up the licence - a delay that hasn't been explained to the PFA.

The PFA issued a statement saying the issue raises concerns about the sanctity of the A-League licensing system.

McGlinchey's agent James Hardy told website fourfourtwo.com he is "totally perplexed" by the decision and criticised the FFA for lacking leadership.

McGlinchey has trained with the Phoenix for six weeks but hasn't played any of their pre-season games.

Dome says the Phoenix are looking after him financially in the meantime.

However, he says the club has not considered paying compensation to the Mariners, as has been suggested by Central Coast owner Mike Charlesworth.

"It's quite clear there's no compensation due in this case," Dome said.

"It's a guiding principle of the FFA that compensation between two clubs is not given."

Charlesworth says the PFA have played a divisive role in the issue, which could have been amicably resolved by the two clubs.

Dome says 27-year-old McGlinchey, who has a young family, was trying to remain upbeat and appreciated the support of Phoenix management and the club's players.

He played for New Zealand A against the Phoenix in a trial game at Taupo last Sunday, further impressing coach Ernie Merrick.

Merrick didn't want to comment on the issue, seven weeks out from the start of the season.

scottmac

Suspended
f**king funny.

Oh, the licence hasn't changed over to the new company yet? Funny that.
You don't tend to change things like that when all your paperwork isn't finished ie: McGlincheys contract.

Once again another rumour that is detrimental to the club & never the 100% cut & dried story it seems to be. A few people looking like absolute f**ktards here.

dibo

f**king funny.

You don't tend to change things like that when all your paperwork isn't finished ie: McGlincheys contract.

Once again another rumour that is detrimental to the club & never the 100% cut & dried story it seems to be. A few people looking like absolute f**ktards here.
I was as sceptical as you initially, but as information came to light it became clear that it was not like it was completely baseless.

Big Al

It's classic rumor. They have been told something which in essence is quite true but they never have the appropriate information to make it fact.

The rumors about the licence was the reason behind the trouble however they didn't have the detail to know exactly what had happened & what rights were at play.

Can only laugh at PFA they have been driving blind if they believed he was a free agent after leaving VS because he didn't want to sign what ever the Mariners wanted him to sign.

Surely some big time problems here with another Club paying a registered player of another.

However, he says the club has not considered paying compensation to the Mariners, as has been suggested by Central Coast owner Mike Charlesworth.

"It's quite clear there's no compensation due in this case," Dome said.

"It's a guiding principle of the FFA that compensation between two clubs is not given."

We always thought there was no compo paid but wont stop Charlesworth. Especially now we have a ruling in our favour.

However sometimes it doesn't pay to win the first legal fight because there is always an appeal.

Big Al

At the end of the day it was once MC company to another so was really clutching at straws. Completely different had it been a handover back to the A League type affair.

Finally a player has to stick to a contract he signed & his agent who told him to sign can't force there way out of it.

Suck it McGlinchy.

Flores has found the perfect spot in the grandstand for you.

nearlyyellow

Surely some big time problems here with another Club paying a registered player of another.

Geeze, I hope WeeMac isn't *borrowing* the money from Phoenix, that would be a tragedy for a young man with a family, especially if his immediate playing career (pay situation) is not clear. :(

If he has to move on to another outside club and it's not a loan then the 'nix would have to suck it up and write it off. Suffer you Kiwis. :piralaugh:

localpom

Begs the question if the Nix won't compensate us and he stays ruled to be our player, will he come back and play till the end of his contract? Or sit it out? I hope for everyone's sake that something can be sorted and soon.

Einstein

f**king funny.

Wonder why they cant sign any foreign players then.... Only loans

nebakke

Merrick didn't want to comment on the issue, seven weeks out from the start of the season.

Oh so NOW he has nothing to say about the issue... Where was that restraint last week?

localpom

Why don't you start another rumor to explain it. Hasn't stopped anyone else.

As for the actual answer to it I'd say it has something to do with being A f**kING POOR CLUB
That's about the truth of it i think. I'm sure it's cheaper for usto take players on loan and TBH we have done pretty well to lure guys of the like of Mane and Vernes here. They hopefully will give us a bit of extra quality and i like the fact they are young and hungry(or Hungary!) as well. Rather than buying players at the end of their career we are getting these guys who i'm sure want to impress then get back to Europe.

midfielder

Can McGlinchy buy out his contract ... I read it a little way back that he could..

To me if this is possible it is a very easy solution,,, Nux's and McGlinchy spilt his buy out in a new contract with them...

Just as an aside twas interesting to see our long time supporters in SBS coming out and saying the decision was poor ... honestly the bias SBS have shown to our club over the years is !!!&&&$$$### ..

Big Al

Can McGlinchy buy out his contract ... I read it a little way back that he could..

To me if this is possible it is a very easy solution,,, Nux's and McGlinchy spilt his buy out in a new contract with them...

Just as an aside twas interesting to see our long time supporters in SBS coming out and saying the decision was poor ... honestly the bias SBS have shown to our club over the years is !!!&&&$$$### ..
Yes Middi I believe he can buy it out as I believe any player can & yes it was quoted as a possibility.
No idea weather the club can refuse.

However he would be financially behind needing to earn double his CCM contract just to get back to even.
Needs to earn it once to pay it off & 2nd to make the money he was going to make any way. So probably not financially viable to do so.

pjennings

That's about the truth of it i think. I'm sure it's cheaper for usto take players on loan and TBH we have done pretty well to lure guys of the like of Mane and Vernes here. They hopefully will give us a bit of extra quality and i like the fact they are young and hungry(or Hungary!) as well. Rather than buying players at the end of their career we are getting these guys who i'm sure want to impress then get back to Europe.

It likes Vernes club is looking at bring in ADP

Big Al

Have not YET considered paying the mariners compensation.
Nix looking for every avenue to get out of this before paying us as a last resort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred