• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Corsair

I heard (made up) a rumor that West Ham and Spurs are actually in Australia to showcase their players to Monty because he is the greatest coach in the world and we will get the pick of any of their players we want.
None but thanks for the memories.

Michael

Monty will have plans, and we surely have at least slightly more coin than before.

I like how closely the club keeps this stuff to their chest these days, feels much more professional
Totally agree. No one had a clue Jing was coming back. And he’s coming back a better player with a point to prove. He’s going to surprise plenty. He has this year and then the next to prove to his parent club he’s worth a renewal. Ofcourse he’s not Tulio, he’s not even Tulio’s replacement. He’s more of a Silvera replacement given he’s a winger.
Tulio is my favourite player, I’ll be upset if he leaves too soon.
But Monty will have one or two big signings (ability wise) coming. I don’t doubt that.

AuzDutchy

I can’t see a relatively junior player being an adequate replacement if Tulio goes. Alou for Cummings is already a stretch despite being a feel good story. That would leave Kaltak and Danny as the only older heads and that doesn’t seem like enough.

Possibly unpopular opinion but i think Alou will be a better poacher/scorer than Cumdog

Cumdogs biggest downside was his 1 footedness, and if you rewatch last season, Cumdog missed alot of chances that another, more 2 footed striker, would have scored/made a chance.

Beni coming into his 3rd season, we should also get the best return from him yet.

Moresche & Alou together with Tulio & Beni feeding them, could possibly our highest scoring season

Will always love the Cumdog though, man is a God

Wombat

Possibly unpopular opinion but i think Alou will be a better poacher/scorer than Cumdog

Cumdogs biggest downside was his 1 footedness, and if you rewatch last season, Cumdog missed alot of chances that another, more 2 footed striker, would have scored/made a chance.

Beni coming into his 3rd season, we should also get the best return from him yet.

Moresche & Alou together with Tulio & Beni feeding them, could possibly our highest scoring season

Will always love the Cumdog though, man is a God
Potentially better than Cumdog. But the Dingo had a superior Football brain than most of his team mates. Alou is still young and green but can definitely surpass Cumdog as a Goal scorer.

turbo

Cummings wasn’t a poacher. He scored a boat load of goals while still being a creative and often selfless player. It would be fantastic for Alou to surpass his goal tally but it won’t happen without someone pulling the strings. If Tulio goes that contribution needs to be replaced. I think Theo has the chance to do that for Silvera but I don’t see anyone else on the books atm doing what Tulio does.

midfielder

In the troubled times no news coming out of the club normally meant bad news.

Under the RP n Monty rein not so.

I feel RP is arguably the owner that understands how to run a development n sell club.

Staj started the process, Monty following on is setting the club up as a development n sell club.

I see other clubs are still signing 30+ players.

I hope we keep T as with him me thinks we can make a decent run in the AC.

Anywho still a way off to the season for lots to happen.

Ironbark

Cummings often filled a sometimes massive gap in the middle of the park, and that is what we will miss most without a proper replacement.
Yep, he did a lot more than just score. His duties dropping back and creating need replacing as much as his scoring

What we do gain in Alou is someone who can head them in. And lightening pace. So now we'll have a plethora of players who can score with feet and an off the shoulder pace machine who can both shoot and be an effective target

VonBowellski

I'm actually wondering are we looking at a formation change. I'm thinking along the lines of a 3-4-1-2.

Back three of Hall, Kaltak, Farrell
Mid 4 of roux, Niz, Ballard, Mcgarry with Roux and Mcgarry dropping to a back 5 for defensive duties when required.
Tulio as a floater/false 9
And front pairing of Moresche and Kuol.

Beni unfortunately is the big loser in this line-up but I can't think of how to fit him in while having both faz and mcgarry. If roux is willing to take a sub spot for the team then Beni for Roux.

pjennings

I'm actually wondering are we looking at a formation change. I'm thinking along the lines of a 3-4-1-2.

Back three of Hall, Kaltak, Farrell
Mid 4 of roux, Niz, Ballard, Mcgarry with Roux and Mcgarry dropping to a back 5 for defensive duties when required.
Tulio as a floater/false 9
And front pairing of Moresche and Kuol.

Beni unfortunately is the big loser in this line-up but I can't think of how to fit him in while having both faz and mcgarry. If roux is willing to take a sub spot for the team then Beni for Roux.
I doubt Monty will change from 4-4-2.

Tulio, Nkololo and Moresche were given freedom to swap around last season and I would expect that to continue. If Brian can swap to RCB we could start with a notional side of

-------------Vukovic
Roux---Kaltak---Farrell---McGarry
Moresche--Nisbet--Balard--Nkololo
---------Kuol---Tulio

Tulio used to drop back occasionally similar to the way Jason did. With Tulio dropping back slightly (jeez I hope we keep him) that front three of Moresche, Kuol and Beni will cause plenty of turnovers. Then we have DWH, Theoharous, Reec and Di Pizio to come on when and if they tire.

I doubt we have seen the last movement (in and out) at this stage but as long as Monty and Serge are there I think we will be fine.

Big Al

Alou didn’t get a foot on 2 crosses from Garang at the last u23 tournament in portugal that he should of scored from. There is going to be some rust from his lack of playing time but he will provide an athletic finisher but not a hold up player like Cummings excelled at.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred