• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

midfielder

Ryan on a loan deal may work but I think Danny....

Ryan wants his WC spot, and he often talks about the Mariners and has gone out his way when he sees a Mariner shirt at one of his games to go over and have a chat...

Ryan is also the current captain of the Socceroos so he could walk into the captains armband as well...

We also have the pace in the outside players .... I can still recall when we had lighting speed in the outside backs and mids ... Matty getting up quickly and throwing those bullet like throws to fast moving wide players...

Wombat

My choices

1. Maty
2. Hart
3. Langerak
4. Vuko

TBH I'm gonna be STOKED with ANY of those guys.

Just reading another post and it feels like it will be Danny. That is great for us and him and will push the Wiggle out of the Socceroos squad as well.

Last edited:

Meerkat

Just from an expectation management perspective I'm not sure suggesting that we could be getting the likes of a J Hart, Langerak or Ryan is the best way to announce a new signing IMO, it has the potential of making what is actually a fantastic signing seem underwhelming in comparison.

Was thinking exactly the same .. I really have to assume though that the marketing department are not this silly (I really don’t think they are) and stay excited!!!! ?

scottmac

Suspended
Just from an expectation management perspective I'm not sure suggesting that we could be getting the likes of a J Hart, Langerak or Ryan is the best way to announce a new signing IMO, it has the potential of making what is actually a fantastic signing seem underwhelming in comparison.
Yeah, I didn't even think of that. But let's be honest, Hart was never leaving Celtic and Australia's captain shouldn't be looking at our club to prep for the WC.

Rising Sun

Set your hopes too high and be disappointed.

Just be patient.
And in the fullness of time I am sure everyone here will learn to love Ziggy and Vedran Janjetović.
Credit to Charlesworth here, he has conditioned me to expect so little that it is almost impossible to disappoint me.

But shipwreck has a valid point, the club needs to be careful with the tease. Danny announced "cold" as our new keeper would be exciting news; Danny announced off a short list including Maty, Langerak and Hart less so - would feel a bit like winning the bronze medal not the gold.

pjennings

Credit to Charlesworth here, he has conditioned me to expect so little that it is almost impossible to disappoint me.

But shipwreck has a valid point, the club needs to be careful with the tease. Danny announced "cold" as our new keeper would be exciting news; Danny announced off a short list including Maty, Langerak and Hart less so - would feel a bit like winning the bronze medal not the gold.
I hear what you are saying - but in reality we are months away from the season and people will forget or even not be aware of the shortlist. If it is Danny he will be seen as (as he should be) a returning hero and Socceroo keeper.

FFC Mariner

I think the club over estimate the impact of only using Facebook and Twitter.
It becomes an echo chamber of talking to the converted.
Talking to someone yesterday who "used to go before they were rubbish" and his only awareness was that we have lost players.
The people the club need to connect with don't follow their every post (of which there are far too many)
I'm not sure how you fix the disengagement during the Charlesworth years other than a few winning seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred